Introduction

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Boothby
Nursery

Introduction

Post by Boothby »

Hello, I hope I am not intruding.

I am a somewhat practicing Latter-day Saint. It’s difficult as an older, single person to be in such a (nuclear) family environment, but my ward is full of great people and I like my neighbors. I’d say I attend once a month and on special occasions.

I hate many of the institutional positions of my church. But I still do believe the “core” things about the savior, Joseph Smith, etc.

I try to be a strong LGTBQIA+ ally, but being a straight white dude myself, I know my limits. It’s often best to just get out of the way—slash—shut up.

I go by “Boothby,” who is the wise groundskeeper at Starfleet Academy. I am not wise. I just like the character.

In real life, I run a grounds crew that services a few community colleges and high schools in my area. Nothing glamorous, but I always looked up to and wanted to become my own version of Boothby.
Moksha
God

Re: Introduction

Post by Moksha »

Welcome to Discuss Mormonism, Boothby! :D
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Boothby
Nursery

Post by Boothby »

Thanks, Moksha! :ugeek:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Welcome Boothby. there are a lot of folks here who have vast experience and knowledge in a lot of areas, so I hope you enjoy it here.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Nice to see you here, Boothby.

Just to explicitly answer the concern you raised in your intro, you are not intruding - you are very welcome to participate to the level of your comfort.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!