Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: The Artful Dodger tells a whopper!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:20 pm
Daniel C. Peterson, FAIR Mormon Conference, August 8, 2014 wrote:Unas or Wenis, for example, was the last king of the fifth dynasty, around 2300 B.C., and his pyramid still stands at Saqqara, south of modern Cairo.

Video timestamp

The Book of Abraham states that the kings of Egypt were descended from the loins of Ham via Egyptus and Pharaoh, the first king of Egypt. But according to Joseph Smith and biblical chronology, it’s impossible for the last king of the Fifth Dynasty to have built a pyramid at that date (2300 BC) because based on Smith’s timeline, Unis hadn’t yet been born!

Peterson knows this. And yet he (like John Gee) use misinformation to appropriate a false connection between the Book of Abraham and conventional Egyptology. This is a classic example of Mormon apologetic lying. It also goes to show how Mormons will throw Joseph Smith under the bus in order to save his Book of Abraham.

Wikipedia wrote:Unas or Wenis was a pharaoh, the ninth and last ruler of the Fifth Dynasty of Egypt during the Old Kingdom. Unas reigned for 15 to 30 years in the mid-24th century BC (circa 2345–2315 BC), succeeding Djedkare Isesi, who might have been his father.
It drives me batty knowing those grifters knowingly push the Book of Abraham schlock on the one hand while discussing secular history on the other. The Book of Abraham is the silver bullet against Mormonism (as if the Book of Mormon wasn’t). There’s no way around it. An angel shoulda swiped them scrolls while he had the chance. ;)

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:51 pm
It drives me batty knowing those grifters knowingly push the Book of Abraham schlock on the one hand while discussing secular history on the other. The Book of Abraham is the silver bullet against Mormonism (as if the Book of Mormon wasn’t). There’s no way around it. An angel shoulda swiped them scrolls while he had the chance. ;)

- Doc
I agree. Let Gee, Muhlestein, and Smoot come to this board and try and justify the Book of Abraham to us! We are the ultimate critics and our arguments are rock solid. We would utterly wipe their arguments out and frustrate them to no end. It’s over for the Book of Abraham.

Doc, my next post will blow you away. :o I’m going to put Smith’s origin story for the Book of Abraham on its head and reveal something I’ll bet you've never considered. I am about to let the air out of Smith’s fake balloon -- or, if you prefer, I’ll pop it!

(Where is Philo? I’m concerned.)
Shulem
God

Re: Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

Post by Shulem »

Ancient Egyptian race controversy (Wikipedia) is a complicated and debated subject. Scientific understanding of Paleolithic times or the Stone Age is entirely a modern age construct and is based on science rather than religious myth such as Adam & Eve in the Jewish Bible. Mormon scripture fully embraces Adam & Eve as literal history that defines man’s origin and beginnings on planet earth. And all that is proven wrong by science!

Metropolitan Museum of Art provides succinct statements about the various periods leading up to dynastic Egypt and thereafter; here are the timelines:

ca. 300,000–7000 B.C. (Paleolithic)
ca. 7000–4500 B.C. (Neolithic)
ca. 4500–3800 B.C. (Badarian Period)
ca. 3800–3650 B.C. (Naqada I)
ca. 3650–3300 B.C. (Naqada II)
ca. 3300–3100 B.C. (Naqada III)
ca. 2649–2150 B.C. (Old Kingdom, Dynasties 3–6)
ca. 2150–2030 B.C. (First Intermediate Period, Dynasty 8–mid-Dynasty 11)
ca. 2030–1640 B.C. (Middle Kingdom, mid-Dynasty 11–Dynasty 13)

Obviously, the above scientific timelines contradict Joseph Smith’s revelations confirming biblical chronology for the 6,000 year history of man’s existence on the earth. Science shatters the myth of Adam & Eve! It calls into question the reality of mythical antediluvian patriarchs living for hundreds of years. It discredits Smith’s Enoch in the Book of Moses and makes Noah’s progeny as described in the Book of Abraham look like pseudepigrapha that piggybacks biblical myth.

Google God wrote:Humans first evolved in Africa, and much of human evolution occurred on that continent. The fossils of early humans who lived between 6 and 2 million years ago come entirely from Africa. Most scientists currently recognize some 15 to 20 different species of early humans.
Google God wrote:Scientists are sure that Homo sapiens first evolved in Africa, and we know that every person alive today can trace their genetic ancestry to there. It has long been thought that we began in one single east or south African population, which eventually spread into Asia and Europe.

We may safely dismiss Joseph Smith’s story about Egyptus having left the ark in the realms of Ararat and traveling south through Sinai into the Delta in which Egypt was said to be founded by her son who was named “Pharaoh” (Great House) as if he lived in a spacious palace! The narrative in the Book of Abraham is uninspired fiction and has no basis or connection with credible archaeology and science.

Let the record show or at least highly suggest that people who first migrated into the Delta (Lower Egypt) did not come from the north! They came from the south, Upper Egypt, from the long and windy Nile which flows northward into the Mediterranean Sea. The first people to have originally settled into Upper Egypt came from the south -- dark AFRICA! Much later, migrations and settlements into Lower Egypt came from all directions until finally the Unification of Egypt under a single king (Narmer/Menes) took place and the First Dynasty was established in 3,000 BC.

Let the record show that Egypt was first founded by people from the south. Joseph Smith was wrong on every account! The Book of Abraham is not inspired. The Book of Abraham is false and the testimony therein is a lie.

I so testify in the name of Science and Egyptology.

Amen.
Shulem
God

Joseph Smith said....

Post by Shulem »

Let me make it perfectly clear that I do NOT care what progressive Mormons today think. I don’t care whether they think Adam & Eve are symbolic myths rather than literal persons to begin the human race 6,000 years ago! I don’t care what radical apologists and their cohorts have to say! I don’t care what they think! Modern Mormonism is NOT the Mormonism of Kirtland and Nauvoo! Mormonism today is in a state of general apostasy having run Joseph Smith over with a bus.

All I care about is WHAT Joseph Smith said and how he equates that as revelation. Today’s Mormon apologists are like clowns at a circus who juggle balls and perform silly tricks; they have no influence or sway on how I interpret the words of Joseph Smith whom I know was a false prophet.

I so testify,

Amen.
Shulem
God

QUESTION for John Gee

Post by Shulem »

Is the king depicted on the Narmer Palette a descendant of so-called Egyptus in the Book of Abraham?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Just answer the question, John.

If you answer “No”, then I respectfully request you write an academic professional article on that subject and submit it to the Interpreter but if you answer “Yes”, then I respectfully request you write an academic professional article on that subject and submit it to the same.

Can you handle that?

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem, some guy was asking a question of you in the comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECDpGE ... pE20mKiUlH

-----
Never mind, Paul Gregerson's question has been removed.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:04 pm
Shulem, some guy was asking a question of you in the comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECDpGE ... pE20mKiUlH

-----
Never mind, Paul Gregerson's question has been removed.

That seems rather odd. What was the question, do you recall?

:?:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:11 pm

Paul Gregersen was basically saying that you and Dan Vogel had none of the answers regarding the Book of Abraham, but that he, Paul Gregersen, had the answers. A bit of a self-promo.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:32 pm
Shulem wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:11 pm

Paul Gregersen was basically saying that you and Dan Vogel had none of the answers regarding the Book of Abraham, but that he, Paul Gregersen, had the answers. A bit of a self-promo.

Oh, okay. Move along, nothing to see here.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:51 pm
The Book of Abraham is the silver bullet against Mormonism

Indeed, it is the silver bullet. The Book of Abraham has ever been a thorn in the side of the church since 1912. The church cannot come to grips that everyone was lied to. The mummies and papyri were not as old as Joseph said they were. The mummies were not royal. The papyri were not autographs of ancient patriarchs of the Jew’s religion. The translations given by Joseph were not a genuine work grounded in anything having to do with conventional Egyptian. The dating of Egypt’s founding according to Joseph Smith and the Bible are not correct. Egypt is much older than anything in the Bible and Smith’s literal beliefs of Noah’s progeny having discovered the Delta and becoming founders of Egypt via Egyptus is totally wrong. But what I find most immoral were the actions taken by Joseph Smith to hack out the snout of Anubis and remove the headcloth from his person and turn him into something grotesque. Nothing could be further from the truth than virtually everything Joseph Smith said about the papyri, mummies, and ancient Egypt.

I have little respect for the Mormon Church. It must apologize for its sins! I have no respect for Mormon apologists who defend the Book of Abraham on ridiculous grounds that are based on nothing less than constant denials and willingness to excuse bad behavior for the sake of maintaining their testimonies that somehow the church is still true.