Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: Using Shulem's Materials in my Podcast on Saturday Night Nov 11, 2023

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:46 pm
Just letting Shulem know the BYP is spreadin the word man. Catalyst Theory will be destroyed using Shulem's materials. The end of apologetics is near, nay, even at the door.
Great! You are fully armed and ready to go. We have the apologists backed up in a corner exactly where I want them. This thread is the final nail in the coffin -- checkmate. The Book of Abraham king has been taken and the apologists have lost the game.

It’s over.

:D
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:23 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:46 pm
Just letting Shulem know the BYP is spreadin the word man. Catalyst Theory will be destroyed using Shulem's materials. The end of apologetics is near, nay, even at the door.
Great! You are fully armed and ready to go. We have the apologists backed up in a corner exactly where I want them. This thread is the final nail in the coffin -- checkmate. The Book of Abraham king has been taken and the apologists have lost the game.

It’s over.

:D
Cancel ALL Engagements tomorrow night! Saturday Night after 5 p.m., the BYP will do a thorough engagement with apologists, and will extensively be using Paul Osborne's utterly devastating materials, which the vast majority of the audience which can stand my show has no idea even exists, will be T-O-T-A-L-L-Y blown away.... This will not be your regularly scheduled 15 minute sacrament meeting talk of goodness and faith. This will be a rigorous examination of evidence, papyrological, and Joseph Smithogical analysis the likes of which most have never even heard of. The Backyard Professor is on a ROAR, and it's gonna be a blast.

Shulem, GET YOUR REST EARLY, I won't be taking a mere child's play hour and a half to expose the inanity of Mormon apologists and their stupidity. We WILL make a case come hell or 4 hours of discussion and sharing, whichever lasts longer. We WILL be presenting evidence. We WILL prevail. So letteth the the BYP sayeth, so let it be done.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:58 am
We WILL be presenting evidence. We WILL prevail. So letteth the the BYP sayeth, so let it be done.
The apologists have a problem on their hands that is larger than the highest mountain or pyramid. Anything they say or invent to justify the 3000 BC vs. 2300 BC contradiction can be easily swatted down and refuted.

Bring it on! I am ready to take on all of BYU with one hand tied behind my back!
Shulem
God

Professor Gee

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:46 pm
I suspect that what is important to Gee in the Book of Abraham can be summed up by the spiritual teachings of preexistence, God in heaven, and priesthood power.
I conceived the following idea on how to assist professor Gee in keeping key spiritual points regarding priesthood taught in the fictitious storyline of the Book of Abraham by transferring them to the Book of Moses. In this way, Gee can keep his goodies and throw out the rest. Here are additions that Joseph Smith could have just as well included in the Book of Moses rather than having anything to do with translating papyrus from a so-called scroll of Abraham:
More Book of Moses wrote:In the land of the Egyptians, far from the residence of my fathers, I, Moses, saw that it was needful for me to obtain another place of residence;

And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same; having been myself a follower of righteousness, desiring also to be one who possessed great knowledge, and to be a greater follower of righteousness, and to possess a greater knowledge, and to be a founder of a new nation, a prince of peace, and desiring to receive instructions, and to keep the commandments of God, I became a rightful heir, a High Priest, holding the right belonging to the fathers.

It was conferred upon me from the fathers; it came down from the fathers, from the beginning of time, yea, even from the beginning, or before the foundation of the earth, down to the present time, even the right of the firstborn, or the first man, who is Adam, or first father, through the fathers unto me.

I sought for mine appointment unto the Priesthood according to the appointment of God unto the fathers concerning the seed and was ordained under the hands of Jethro.

And God’s voice was unto me: Moses, Moses, behold, my name is Jehovah, and I have heard thee, and have come down to deliver thee, and to take thee away from the land of Egypt.

Behold, I will lead thee by my hand, and I will take thee, to put upon thee my name, even the Priesthood of thy father-in-law, and my power shall be over thee.

And the Lord said unto Moses: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am more intelligent than they all.

The Lord thy God sent his angel to deliver thee from the Egyptian bondage.

Now the Lord had shown unto me, Moses, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones.
Problem solved.

;)
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Cancel ALL Engagements tomorrow night! Saturday Night after 5 p.m., the BYP will do a thorough engagement with apologists, and will extensively be using Paul Osborne's utterly devastating materials, which the vast majority of the audience which can stand my show has no idea even exists, will be T-O-T-A-L-L-Y blown away.... This will not be your regularly scheduled 15 minute sacrament meeting talk of goodness and faith. This will be a rigorous examination of evidence, papyrological, and Joseph Smithogical analysis the likes of which most have never even heard of. The Backyard Professor is on a ROAR, and it's gonna be a blast.

Shulem, GET YOUR REST EARLY, I won't be taking a mere child's play hour and a half to expose the inanity of Mormon apologists and their stupidity. We WILL make a case come hell or 4 hours of discussion and sharing, whichever lasts longer. We WILL be presenting evidence. We WILL prevail. So letteth the the BYP sayeth, so let it be done.
Did this happen? What was the outcome?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:28 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:

The apologists beat Shulem to a pulp and he slinked back to church........ :D
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:33 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
So you mean the apologists won the discussion?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:52 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was a particularly poignant bit of irony there. Shulem reigns Supreme.

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:

The Backyard Professor spoke words that strike fear and dread towards Mormon scholars who have no defense or idea on how to explain the position the Church takes regarding *when* and *how* Egypt was first established as explained in the historical accounting of the Book of Abraham, chapter one. The apologists have never addressed it! It’s the final nail in the coffin; listen up!

***VIDEO*** BYP SPECIAL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE: Breaking News on The Book of Abraham & Joseph Smith Papyri

Discuss Mormonism: BYP Live Saturday Night 5 p.m. Refuting New Mormon apologetic on Book of Abraham

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:40 am
Shulem reigns Supreme.

YES, I do. :D

What will be especially rewarding is when Delmarva finally catches on. At that point the Book of Mormon will have to be classed as inspired fiction which Smith conjured up thinking all along that he was doing God’s bidding. The Delmarva effect will forever change the course of modern Mormonism. And it all started right here on this message board!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:52 am
Philo Sofee wrote:

I listened to that nearly 3 hour podcast today in its entirety again today and was absolutely impressed with content and presentation. THANK YOU for a job well done. That was a gold star podcast and you've set the bar.