Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: Radio Free Mormon

Post by Shulem »

Jawbone wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:54 pm
Forgive me for digressing…but couldn’t even keep track of The Hill Cumorah..…holy moly…

I forgive you but you should know that Cumorah has nothing to do with the Book of Abraham.
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:39 pm
Jawbone wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:54 pm
Forgive me for digressing…but couldn’t even keep track of The Hill Cumorah..…holy moly…

I forgive you but you should know that Cumorah has nothing to do with the Book of Abraham.
It has a lot to do with a Church esteemed as intelligent because it didn’t embrace the Book of Abraham.

And how is it the Book of Abraham is a false narrative when the sacred or ritual embrace is found in ancient Egyptian temples?

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Jawbone wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:37 am
It has a lot to do with a Church esteemed as intelligent because it didn’t embrace the Book of Abraham.

I repeat, Cumorah has nothing to do with the Book of Abraham which is what *this* thread is about notwithstanding the intelligence of a particular church.

Jawbone wrote:
And how is it the Book of Abraham is a false narrative when the sacred or ritual embrace is found in ancient Egyptian temples?

The narrative of Ham’s progeny establishing the nation of Egypt in 2300 BC is utterly false notwithstanding ritual embraces or hugs practiced by Egyptians, Masons, and Mormons.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jawbone wrote:

Could make a case that those scenes influenced Joseph's actions with Fanny in the barn more than the Book of Abraham.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:34 am
Could make a case that those scenes influenced Joseph's actions with Fanny in the barn more than the Book of Abraham.

Or perhaps a young man of Joseph’s personal liking in which to embrace or compare size? It wouldn’t surprise me to know that he may have experimented with other boys.

But now I digress... cough, excuse me I need a tissue.

Where is John Gee? Has anyone seen him? I would like to ask him a few questions.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:00 am
Where is John Gee? Has anyone seen him? I would like to ask him a few questions.
Do you think Robert Boylan might like to debate you on the issue of the Book of Abraham?
Shulem
God

Re: Robert Boylan

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:33 am
Shulem wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:00 am
Do you think Robert Boylan might like to debate you on the issue of the Book of Abraham?

I don’t know what Boylan thinks of the Book of Abraham or the idea of debating subject matter on this topic with the world’s greatest Book of Abraham critic (me). If I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t dare try but he’s welcome to come to *this* board and defend it and attempt to discredit my arguments. But who wants to take me on when it comes to the Book of Abraham? That is apologetic suicide! I am relentless and show no mercy when it comes to defending Egypt.

Anyway, I can just as easily direct my questions posed in this thread to Boylan or anyone else fool enough to take me on:

QUESTIONS FOR ROBERT BOYLAN:

1. WHICH dynastic Egyptian monarch do you think would most likely have granted a vile Asiatic such as Abraham to sit on his throne (Facsimile No. 3) and teach his royal court principles of astronomy garnered from records kept by shepherds in Mesopotamia?

2. HOW do you explain Egypt’s founding by biblical characters when Predynastic Egypt preceded those persons by thousands of years?

3. HOW do you account for the Egyptian periods consisting of Predynastic, Early Dynastic, Old Kingdom, and the 1st Intermediate Period having occurred between the time of Ham’s progeny discovering the land of Egypt and Abraham sitting on Pharaoh’s throne?

4. HOW can apologists substantiate the narrative of the text which demonstrates that Egypt was first founded by Hamites in 2300 BC?

5. WHO built the Great Pyramids between 2550 - 2490 BC and WHO were living biblical characters of their time?

6. WHO built king Djoser’s Step Pyramid at Saqqara some 4,700 years ago and WHY?

7. WHY does the LDS church co-mingle the key dates of 2300 BC and 3000 BC to represent the same party in time?

8. IF 2,300 years passed between the time of the flood and the death of the Savior when he went and visited spirits (1 Peter 3:19) in prison, CAN Egypt be rightly said to predate the flood in 3000 BC?

9. IS the king depicted on the Narmer Palette a descendant of so-called Egyptus in the Book of Abraham?

10. WHEN Egyptus went down and discovered the land of Egypt under water and afterward settled her sons therein, what may have gone through her mind when she saw the splendor and magnificence of the pyramids towering over Giza?

11. Where is the location of the ancient burial tombs of lady Egyptus and her sons (Pharaohs = “Great Houses”) who became the founding kings of ancient Egypt?

Philo, where are you?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:11 pm
Where is the location of the ancient burial tombs of lady Egyptus and her sons (Pharaohs = “Great Houses”) who became the founding kings of ancient Egypt?

JOHN GEE, where are the monuments and where is evidence from the sands of Egypt that justify this storytelling that fell from the lips of an ignorant man telling tales in Kirtland Ohio? Where are the records that define how Egypt was founded by a woman and her sons after departing Noah’s ark? Show me a single potsherd to this effect! Joseph Smith’s Book of Abraham is bankrupt!

Stephen O. Smoot, would you like to take a crack at it?

Muhlestein, how about you?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:11 pm

QUESTIONS FOR ROBERT BOYLAN:

1. WHICH dynastic Egyptian monarch do you think would most likely have granted a vile Asiatic such as Abraham to sit on his throne (Facsimile No. 3) and teach his royal court principles of astronomy garnered from records kept by shepherds in Mesopotamia?
Just a guess, but I think Boylan would answer Nygrenhotep I.
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:53 am
Jawbone wrote:

I repeat, Cumorah has nothing to do with the Book of Abraham which is what *this* thread is about notwithstanding the intelligence of a particular church.

Jawbone wrote:

The narrative of Ham’s progeny establishing the nation of Egypt in 2300 BC is utterly false notwithstanding ritual embraces or hugs practiced by Egyptians, Masons, and Mormons.
Maybe it has to do with your intelligence. Abraham 3:19 😃