Book of Mormon published in Canada and Joseph Smith’s prophecy

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Silva
Nursery

Book of Mormon published in Canada and Joseph Smith’s prophecy

Post by Silva »

Recently, an interesting book has been published by a small Canadian press from Toronto, namely LogoStar Press. This is a version of the Book of Mormon in Reformed Egyptian, philologically restored via Chomskyan linguistics and modern computer technology. The editor, Daniel Deleanu, is an academic with a PhD in linguistics who has also published a Reformed Egyptian grammar, a lexicon and a few other books on Reformed Egyptian. He apparently is not a member of the LDS Church, or at least he wasn’t at the time the project was started. I’ve just ordered the printed version from Amazon, which is a bit pricey at $59, but it’s a huge book: The Book of Mormon: The Original Reformed Egyptian Version - Philologically Restored through the Grace of God: Deleanu, Daniel: 9781471057717: Amazon.com: Books. There is also available a Kindle edition for just $6: THE Book of Mormon: The Original Reformed Egyptian Version – Philologically Restored through the Grace of God - Kindle edition by Deleanu, Daniel. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com. I’ve also spotted the book at pretty much the same price on other channels that distribute electronic books (Nook, etc.). The really curious and, in my opinion, awesome thing is the fact that the book was published in Toronto, exactly the place where the Book of Mormon was supposed to be published according to Joseph Smith’s prophecy, even if almost two centuries later (perhaps the delay has a meaning, perhaps God wanted to show us that he always keeps his word). The prophecy is a bit confusing, because it tells us in one place that the book was to be published in Toronto and in another it mentions Kingston. Now, the truly amazing thing is the fact that, while this Book of Mormon in Reformed Egyptian was published in Toronto, exactly as the prophecy goes, Kingston is involved too, and the word does appear written on the book, but not as a place, rather as the name of an electronics/IT company (Kingston Technology, usually labelled just Kingston), which has been a publishing partner for this project. According to a reviewer, people at the time the prophecy was made could not know that Kingston was not the name of the city in Ontario, but rather the name of a computer technology company. I agree with that. So, to me, too, this is a clear sign of the fulfillment of the prophecy regarding the publishing of the Book of Mormon in Canada, and for that I praise the name of God! It appears that God, during these turbulent times, gives us a sign through this book that he always keeps his word, that he has not turned away his face from us, and that he wants us to have faith in him more than ever. I wonder if anyone else knows anything about this and what you think of it.
Shulem
God

Re: Book of Mormon published in Canada and Joseph Smith’s prophecy

Post by Shulem »

Silva wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 pm
The really curious and, in my opinion, awesome thing is the fact that the book was published in Toronto, exactly the place where the Book of Mormon was supposed to be published according to Joseph Smith’s prophecy, even if almost two centuries later (perhaps the delay has a meaning, perhaps God wanted to show us that he always keeps his word).

Please cite Joseph Smith’s prophecy about the Book of Mormon that was “supposed to be published” in Canada and let’s see what it says. WHO was supposed to publish the book and WHEN was it supposed to be published? Then we can determine if the prophecy is something that can be fulfilled 200 years in the future by another party publishing Smith’s work.

Silva wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 pm
So, to me, too, this is a clear sign of the fulfillment of the prophecy regarding the publishing of the Book of Mormon in Canada, and for that I praise the name of God! It appears that God, during these turbulent times, gives us a sign through this book that he always keeps his word, that he has not turned away his face from us, and that he wants us to have faith in him more than ever. I wonder if anyone else knows anything about this and what you think of it.

Show us that it’s a clear sign of fulfillment of Joseph Smith’s prophecy by citing or referencing what Smith actually said. I’m afraid that I can’t say that the God of Mormonism keeps his word. That has not been my experience and a great many of his prophecies spoken of through Joseph Smith failed and remain unfulfilled to this day. Perhaps that is why you feel “he wants us to have faith in him more than ever” because he remains unproven and hidden away having become a figment of the imagination.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I’m looking forward to BYP interviewing Chomsky and asking him to explain how his techniques can be used to reconstruct an imaginary language.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Show me the munnnnayyyyyy!

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Silva
Nursery

Post by Silva »

The prophecy said, in rather unclear terms, first that the Book of of Mormon would be published in Toronto, and then it also mentioned  Kingston. The prophecy has of yet been taken as unfulfilled. However, today we have this version of the book which was published in Toronto, with the help of... Kingston (which is a technology company). I wonder, can this be a coincidence? People believed that Kingston was a city in Ontario... As for the line between Demotic and the Caractors, it was drawn by Deleanu in Reformed Egyptian and Its Decipherment, ISBN 9781300365662. I'd like to find out more opinions. And a little humbleness wouldn't hurt... I was just curious to know what others have to say about this book, that's all. Unfortunately, with one or two exceptions, I've read only inane answers from unreliable commentators. Let's not forget that when the Book of Mormon was given to us, people reacted exactly in the same way.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Silva wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:00 am
The prophecy said, in rather unclear terms, first that the Book of of Mormon would be published in Toronto, and then it also mentioned  Kingston. The prophecy has of yet been taken as unfulfilled. However, today we have this version of the book which was published in Toronto, with the help of... Kingston (which is a technology company). I wonder, can this be a coincidence? People believed that Kingston was a city in Ontario... As for the line between Demotic and the Caractors, it was drawn by Deleanu in Reformed Egyptian and Its Decipherment, ISBN 9781300365662. I'd like to find out more opinions. And a little humbleness wouldn't hurt... I was just curious to know what others have to say about this book, that's all. Unfortunately, with one or two exceptions, I've read only inane answers from unreliable commentators. Let's not forget that when the Book of Mormon was given to us, people reacted exactly in the same way.

Silva,

Your response lacks a quote or citation to what was allegedly said in a record.

I’m afraid I won’t be able to offer any kind of opinion for something I’m unable to properly analyze. Perhaps others will offer an opinion, but not me.

Have a nice day.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Silva wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:00 am
What prophecy?! We need the reference, not mere say so. But, this does intrigue me greatly!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:46 am
What prophecy?! We need the reference, not mere say so. But, this does intrigue me greatly!

Well, I’m not so intrigued and refuse to be strung along by false prophecies of Joseph Smith who was unable to foresee the future and properly explain the past. Joseph Smith has proven to be a false prophet time and time again.

I testify that I know Joseph Smith was a false prophet. I know it with all my heart and mind.

Amen.