Question on Book of Mormon Foods

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

Question on Book of Mormon Foods

Post by Moksha »

Does the Book of Mormon make any mention of foods eaten by the indigenous peoples such as pemican, wild rice, maple syrup, chocolate, turkeys, buffalo, maize, pumpkins, and beans?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Question on Book of Mormon Foods

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:23 pm
Does the Book of Mormon make any mention of foods eaten by the indigenous peoples such as pemican, wild rice, maple syrup, chocolate, turkeys, buffalo, maize, pumpkins, and beans?
Larry H. Miller used to have a restaurant in Sandy, UT called The Mayan. Larry went all out. He had cliff divers, fire dancers and people dressed up as Inca/Mayan warriors running around. I miss Larry. He was one of a kind. Richard Dutcher once said that Larry almost gave him 10 million dollars to make a movie about Joseph Smith, but Larry was contacted by the COB and "encouraged" not to fund the film. Apparently, the COB reviewed a copy of the screenplay and had concerns about its portrayal of polygamy, the destruction of the printing press and the Kirtland Safety Society. Dutcher had already locked up Val Kilmer as Joseph Smith and F. Murray Abraham as Governor Ford. And, Richard Bushman had already been hired as the "history consultant." Too bad Larry pulled the plug. That would have been an interesting movie.

But I digress. The Mayan had authentic Nephite food. You could order sparkling water called "The Waters of Mormon" and the kid's meal had french fries called "Nephries."
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Question on Book of Mormon Foods

Post by Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:16 am
The Mayan had authentic Nephite food. You could order sparkling water called "The Waters of Mormon" and the kid's meal had french fries called "Nephries."
If you think The Mayan was good, just wait until Planet Kolob opens:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/planetkolob/
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024