What Are Your "Beliefs" (the Most Active Commenters)?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
huckelberry
God

Re: What Are Your "Beliefs" (the Most Active Commenters)?

Post by huckelberry »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:40 pm
Hey huck
huckelberry wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:24 pm
. Christianity is always in need of renewal, improved understanding and honesty.
Would you be willing to elaborate on this some more?
Ceeboo, though I talk I am not the one with all the answers. This comment is actually primarily located in pretty common observations about faith.It fades for people and societies and needs renewal over and over again. The pattern is repeated over and over in history. The how to renew has not always been the same and I doubt I know the best for this time. I am not against traditional strategies but I can hope for new efforts. Equally important is understanding of what kind of ways Christianity is to be put into practice. There have been many ways in the past, there is no set best way. I may be noting that the history of Christianity is full of gross errors as well as success. A simple example is in the crusades. I do not think the mistake was fighting back against Islamic expansion but the divisions within Christianity making the Christian countries unable to unite a defense. One of the crusades actually ends up sacking Constantinople. That Constantinople ends up conquered by Islamic forces should be a standing critique of how Christians have been handleing their differences.
ceeboo
God

Re: What Are Your "Beliefs" (the Most Active Commenters)?

Post by ceeboo »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:01 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:40 pm
Hey huck

Would you be willing to elaborate on this some more?
Ceeboo, though I talk I am not the one with all the answers.
Understood - Neither am I. I was asking you because I was interested in your thoughts.
This comment is actually primarily located in pretty common observations about faith.It fades for people and societies and needs renewal over and over again. The pattern is repeated over and over in history. The how to renew has not always been the same and I doubt I know the best for this time. I am not against traditional strategies but I can hope for new efforts. Equally important is understanding of what kind of ways Christianity is to be put into practice. There have been many ways in the past, there is no set best way. I may be noting that the history of Christianity is full of gross errors as well as success. A simple example is in the crusades. I do not think the mistake was fighting back against Islamic expansion but the divisions within Christianity making the Christian countries unable to unite a defense. One of the crusades actually ends up sacking Constantinople. That Constantinople ends up conquered by Islamic forces should be a standing critique of how Christians have been handleing their differences.
Thanks. I appreciate your willingness to elaborate.