First Black Apostle?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

First Black Apostle?

Post by Moksha »

Nemo the Mormon is predicting that Elder Ahmad S. Corbitt will replace Elder Jeffrey Holland, as the first black apostle.

What do you think?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
bbbbbbb
Nursery

Re: First Black Apostle?

Post by bbbbbbb »

I smiled when I read the title of this thread. I did a bit of research on Ahmad S. Corbitt.

First, he was given an Islamic name at birth - Ahmad is one version for Mohammed and his middle name, Salaam, is also very popular with Muslims. It means peace. It would seem that his father was probably a member of the Nation of Islam. The nice thing about the Nation of Islam is that it endorses and secretly practices polygamy, which would align with traditional Mormon theology. The nasty thing about the Nation of Islam is that it is well known for its extreme racism.

Second, his rise within the LDS has been nothing short of meteoric. It seems like the good folks in SLC are more than anxious to cover their own unfortunate racist heritage.

Third, he is a mulatto and, technically no more Black than White. In the United States, however, any trace of African heritage automatically renders a person Black. It is quite the opposite in Africa. I have Caucasian friends from South Africa who, strangely, found themselves being listed as racial minorities here simply because of their country of origin.

Maybe Nemo the Mormon is a latter-day prophet, after all.
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

Elijah Abel. Easy.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:46 pm
Nemo the Mormon is predicting that Elder Ahmad S. Corbitt will replace Elder Jeffrey Holland, as the first black apostle.

What do you think?
I think you're making it up. Nobody can replace Elder Jeffrey R. Holland until he dies, and there's no guarantee that he will be the next one to die.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:51 am
I think you're making it up. Nobody can replace Elder Jeffrey R. Holland until he dies, and there's no guarantee that he will be the next one to die.
Shades, take it up with Nemo.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eFc0ZIlCbkU
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:42 am

Umm, isn't that the sort of link that should've been in your OPENING post?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:42 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:51 am

Sounds like a few need to be replaced. What would happen if say 6 apostles passed in relatively quick succession? Are people already groomed for the roles? Do they just step into the position and things continue or would the dynamic change?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Another lawyer. Expert in public relations. Perfect fit. He was an executive director for "CSC"...there website states...
WHO WE ARE
Keeping your business in compliance. Streamlining operations. Helping your business expand globally. Protecting your brand online. CSC does whatever it takes to make your business run smoother.
This guy is perfect for the church, he can work on their brand, clean up the mess at EPA by helping them be compliant...and he is a minority. Homerun for the Morg, but they will probably blow it and hire a white guy from Utah, Idaho, or Arizona.
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

Ballard's been dead for more than two weeks. Do they usually take this long to promote the next C-suite occupant?