Beards

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Beards

Post by bill4long »

Jesus. The early Mormon apostles. (Not Joe the propheto.) But a bunch of them thar leaders and godly polygamists.

Beards. Beards. Beards.

And did I forget to mention, JESUS?

Whuh happuhhh?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Re: Beards

Post by yellowstone123 »

I don’t know of Jesus wearing a beard as shown in art, but I would say it’s a sold bet that if Jesus showed up clean shaven, Brigham Young would have shaved his in a heart beat.

ley people be people: if you show up to bless the sacrament with a beard, a tie-dye t-shirt. That’s perfectly fine.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
bbbbbbb
Nursery

Post by bbbbbbb »

Imagine an Orthodox Jewish young man with long sidelocks and that is probably much closer to what Jesus actually looked like than the fair-haired, blue-eyed chap we see in many paintings.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

Many year ago my coworker went to U.C, Berkeley. One guy refused to wear clothes to class.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

bill4long wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:53 pm
Jesus. The early Mormon apostles. (Not Joe the propheto.) But a bunch of them thar leaders and godly polygamists.

Beards. Beards. Beards.

And did I forget to mention, JESUS?

Whuh happuhhh?
Maybe they didn't have convenient electric shavers and all that walking the did... probably was the last thing on their minds.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.