Mormon Wealth: A Matter of Money

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Mormon Wealth: A Matter of Money

Post by Dr. Shades »

NRnowlinMA wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:50 pm
Some Mormons, fundamental and mainstream, still practice these fertility rites on their wives and children in Utah.
What are these fertility rites, and how does one practice them?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
NRnowlinMA
Nursery

Post by NRnowlinMA »

As described in the 1877 book by William Tullidge, "Women of Mormondom," "the rites of adamic fertility are sacred and as eternal as the rite of godhood." The rites are imposed upon the young women to increase the capacity of these virgins to later produce celestial spirits for the glory of the father-god." Hugh Nibley referred to the fertility rites in one of his many publications as a continuation of eternal tradition. The were as secret in function was the rite of priesthood adoption that was practiced in the Nauvoo, Logan, and Salt Lake Temples before it was expunged around 1912. These rites were described as eternal by Brigham Young and John Taylor in the "Journal of Discourses," as was the exclusion of the blacks from the Mormon priesthood until the return of the Mormon Jesus to the earth. Yet, that was expunged in 1978. It is suspected that the fertility rites were practiced by Hugh Nibley on his daughter in the Nibley home basement in Utah, as revealed by hypnotic regression therapy later performed on the adult daughter. These fertility rites are written down someplace, but to date, the whereabouts is unknown.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

NRnowlinMA wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:07 pm
As described in the 1877 book by William Tullidge, "Women of Mormondom," "the rites of adamic fertility are sacred and as eternal as the rite of godhood." The rites are imposed upon the young women to increase the capacity of these virgins to later produce celestial spirits for the glory of the father-god." Hugh Nibley referred to the fertility rites in one of his many publications as a continuation of eternal tradition. The were as secret in function was the rite of priesthood adoption that was practiced in the Nauvoo, Logan, and Salt Lake Temples before it was expunged around 1912. These rites were described as eternal by Brigham Young and John Taylor in the "Journal of Discourses," as was the exclusion of the blacks from the Mormon priesthood until the return of the Mormon Jesus to the earth. Yet, that was expunged in 1978. It is suspected that the fertility rites were practiced by Hugh Nibley on his daughter in the Nibley home basement in Utah, as revealed by hypnotic regression therapy later performed on the adult daughter. These fertility rites are written down someplace, but to date, the whereabouts is unknown.
Just a heads-up. This type of low mental effort Christian proselytizing to Mormons generally ends up keeping people in Mormonism.

The great irony here, is you're basically inoculating Mormons. After encountering someone like you, it becomes easy to assume that all critics and criticism are this silly. You're doing more for the cause of Mormonism than Mopologists could ever dream of doing on their own.

I'd wager good money you're probably the type that regularly pulls out "Adieu" in the English version of the Book of Mormon as a top-tier gotcha.
NRnowlinMA
Nursery

Post by NRnowlinMA »

Before you get on your high-horse, Dr. Shades, I would suggest that you read Tullidge's "Women of Mormondom, and the references in the "Journal of Discourses" on the rites of fertility. Why do you think that the old Mormon elders, the GAs, in Salt Lale City preferred their polygamous wives to be virgin, or very young? Also, read the book by Hugh Nibley's daughter about her regressive hypnosis therapy and what it revealed. I suggest that you read and watch Dr. Ken Clark's statement online before you make any more assertions about Mormon inoculation. Dr. Clark has a PhD in psychology and 27 years-experience in the Mormon Church in the CES and has a lot to say about the "low mental efforts" of true-blue Mormons, like Mormon prophet John Taylor, when he deliberately lied to the French people in 1865 about him being a monotheist and despising hating polygamy.
http://www.mormonthink.com/personalstories/kenclark.htm By the way, in what discipline is your "doctorate."

I don't suppose that you have read the "Critique of the Revisions of the Book of Mormon," by Dr. Author Schindler, a 60-year professor of semantics, who made the statement that "the apologetic attempts to obscure the utter arrogance of Joseph Smith, Jr.'s misuse of the English language in his creation of the word salad that he concocted between 1825 and 1830 are pathetically futile. His misuse of the typically French word expression "adieu" in his fictional book of Jacob is as misplaced as Shakespeare using the German word
"auf wiedersehen" for goodby. This is but one of many of Smith's arrogant vanities."

Did John Taylor "lie for the Mormon lord" when he deliberately lied to the French people, when had 12 wives in the Salt Lake Valley? Think about it, Shades.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:45 pm
I'd wager good money you're probably the type that regularly pulls out "Adieu" in the English version of the Book of Mormon as a top-tier gotcha.
NRnowlinMA wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:45 pm
I don't suppose that you have read the "Critique of the Revisions of the Book of Mormon," by Dr. Author Schindler, a 60-year professor of semantics, who made the statement that "the apologetic attempts to obscure the utter arrogance of Joseph Smith, Jr.'s misuse of the English language in his creation of the word salad that he concocted between 1825 and 1830 are pathetically futile. His misuse of the typically French word expression "adieu" in his fictional book of Jacob is as misplaced as Shakespeare using the German word
"auf wiedersehen" for goodby. This is but one of many of Smith's arrogant vanities."
Ladies and gentlemen, I am a prophet of the highest order.

I generally accept tithes in the form of Reese's. The hearts that come out at Valentine's will grant you the most of my divine favor.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

NRnowlinMA wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:What are these fertility rites, and how does one practice them?
You didn't answer the question.

Second try: What are these fertility rites, and how does one practice them?
Before you get on your high-horse, Dr. Shades, . . .
??? What "high horse?"
Did John Taylor "lie for the Mormon lord" when he deliberately lied to the French people, when had 12 wives in the Salt Lake Valley?
Obviously. But that has nothing to do with my question.
Think about it, Shades.
Already done.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
NRnowlinMA
Nursery

Post by NRnowlinMA »

The people on your website that you are promoting in your diminution of my statements are not stating the truthful facts about Mormonism, but only unsupportable apologetic suppositions to which I have given rebuttal. What I have said has been supported by factual reference, which you have doubted severely. Mormon apologists are very adept at swallowing camels and choking on gnats. As Dr. Ken Clark stated, "Mormons will defend with lies what they can't prove by truth. I believe I succinctly stated that the fertility rites are generally referred to in the "Journal of Discourses, by Young, before 1877. and by Taylor after 1877. I think that you, Pyreaux, and weebles are just like John Taylor, and that is not a compliment.

You can read, oh Shades! So, find the references yourself. Most 21st Century Mormon apologists like to consider Young as though he was an "ordinary" monogamist, and they like to forget what he actually stated ex cathedra in his general conference addresses recorded in the Journal of "Discourses." Most of his prophecies about the Native Americans (Lamanites) and blacks are regarded as moot. McConkie even went to the lengths of rewriting the statement of Young in his "Mormon Doctrine." I believe that you are much like Pyreaux and weebles, in stating and writing misrepresentations about Mormon theology, doctrine, and history. Pyreaux asked me to state the grievous heresies in "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God." I did and he didn't even acknowledge what I had written. If you consider the processes of Mormon theology, in mortal man repeating in emulation the exact acts and performances done by the Mormon father-(g)od in order to become as great as the father-(g)od, by becoming a father-(g)od, you see that what is written in "Lesson 21" is just as perverse as fertility rites. In 1877, Brigham Young read and blessed the description of the Adam-(G)od doctrine in Tullidge's "Women of Mormondom." Why don't you get a copy of the book and read it? Aren't you interested to know about the fertility rites? Mormon theology was based upon Smith, Jr.'s insatiable appetite for sex. I suppose the first of his sexual fantasies began with Fanny Alger, when he was caught by Emma rolling in the hay in his barn.

In Hugh Nibley's daughter's book about her regression therapy, https://wwrn.org/articles/16748/ she described what Nibley, her father, did to her when she was an infant and very small child. Why don't you buy that book, Shades, and read it? I suppose the fertility rites were regarded more sacredly than the temple endowment liturgy. Or how about the original copy of the "Lecture at the Veil," the introduction of the Adam-(G)od doctrine, read as temple liturgy by Brigham Young in the St. George temple in 1877? The original copy of that "Lecture at the Veil" is allegedly kept in the St. George temple vault. Copies of the temple endowment liturgy are on the Internet, but there isn't a copy of the fertility rituals. Strange, huh?
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

NRnowlinMA wrote:
When I was being initiated during the "washing and anointing" ritual, some old dude put his finger near my crotch, and blessed that part of my body, uttering an incantation I'm probably not allowed to quote in this forum. (Text available by Google search.) Hard to see how that's not a fertility rite.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
NRnowlinMA
Nursery

Post by NRnowlinMA »

The Mormon endowment liturgy, from the holy order of Nauvoo and that group's first Masonic derivation of the liturgy, was changed numerous times by Smith, Jr. and first proclaimed in the Masonic temple in Nauvoo, Illinois in 1842. It is unknown as to what the liturgy appealed. I believe it was a prophetic fulfillment of what the Apostle Paul had prophesied about seducing spirits and doctrines of devils in the latter-days in 1 Timothy 4 and 2 Timothy 4. In the 30 years I was in Mormonism, I must have gone through 250 endowment sessions in three different temples after I was married in the LA temple in 1973. And every time I sat through that quasi-masonic endowment, I felt the Holy Spirit telling me down deep that I was participating in something very evil. Why did I do it? The Mormon network had me socially hogtied and what the Mormons expected of me exceeded at that time what the Lord Jesus expected me to do. But there came a time when I could no longer kick against the pricks.

Fundamentalist Mormons, about 500,000 of them, in Utah still follow a system of belief that was routinely followed from 1851 to around 1890, believing still in the Adam-(G)od doctrine and all of the features mentioned in William Tullidge's book, "Women of Mormondom." In fact, Warren Jeffs, routinely practiced a fertility rite with the young virgins to who he was polygamously wed in Colorado. Bill4long, I hope that you have found your way out of the maze of Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

NRnowlinMA wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:31 am
The people on your website that you are promoting in your diminution of my statements are not stating the truthful facts about Mormonism, but only unsupportable apologetic suppositions to which I have given rebuttal. What I have said has been supported by factual reference, which you have doubted severely. Mormon apologists are very adept at swallowing camels and choking on gnats. As Dr. Ken Clark stated, "Mormons will defend with lies what they can't prove by truth. I believe I succinctly stated that the fertility rites are generally referred to in the "Journal of Discourses, by Young, before 1877. and by Taylor after 1877. I think that you, Pyreaux, and weebles are just like John Taylor, and that is not a compliment.
You may want to contact your credit card company, as there might be a lapse in your Holy Spirit subscription. 99% of the people at this website aren't Mormon. Those who are, are in name only (i.e. they don't believe and/or practice). There are probably 2-3 practicing/believing Mormons who post here with any regularity, and it's generally about politics, not religion.

Don't worry, I'm embarrassed enough for you that you don't need to be worried about carrying any of your embarrassment yourself.

Keep fighting the good fight though, of inadvertently keeping people in Mormonism.

ETA: Who in the heck are weebles and Pyreaux?