Question for my Mormon Friends

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Re: Question for my Mormon Friends

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:21 pm
High Spy wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:46 am
My being called a bishop isn't because of my advanced understanding of scripture, but rather seer type skills likely played a role. Also being the husband of a first wife is a qualification specified in the Bible. Nevertheless, the opening of the seventh seal stands revealed.
Are you a bishop? I don't know who goes to church and who doesn't here.

Also, what is a first wife?
Hopefully answering a question isn’t considered off topic. The first answer may be discovered by searching for “bishop” within the words of Micheal Sherwin on LDSFF. The second is a reference to the greek word mia versus mias in 1st Timothy If I recall correctly. Thus far the only names revealed are CHRIST and CRIST. Is that one name or two as per said Sherwin’s latest post in members only forum 57 at slogbog.com?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:12 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:27 am
High Spy, could you answer Shulem's King's name question with that seer-type skill?
Well, I have High Spy on ignore. Not to derail the thread, but if an answer is provided concerning the King's name in Facsimile No. 3, do let me know. That could make for some really painful arm twisting. No power on earth or in heaven is gonna be able to come up with the name. Not even God can do that.
High Spy referenced this question on his Mega Thread.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:39 pm
High Spy referenced this question on his Mega Thread.
But it's a question that has no valid answer. It's like asking what kind of cheese the moon is made of. The question has no answer.

It's a slam dunk against Mormonism and proves absolutely that Joseph Smith was making crap up. It's not necessary for critics to point out that Smith was lying or deceiving. That's not the point. The point is, he was WRONG. That's the bottom line.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:53 pm
It's like asking what kind of cheese the moon is made of. The question has no answer.
Havarti... Crap, never mind.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

I would ask the bishop this: Based on my short-lived experience, when they release you within six months you will be inactive, severely depressed, and thinking about counseling, first alone and then with your wife. What happened to your faith?
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

OP has only 1 post and hasn't responded to any of this thread. I wonder if it was just spam.
Actually, OP hasn't even read the replies. Lol.
Last edited by Imwashingmypirate on Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:33 pm
I would ask the bishop this: Based on my short-lived experience, when they release you within six months you will be inactive, severely depressed, and thinking about counseling, first alone and then with your wife. What happened to your faith?
What happened?
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:08 am
yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:33 pm
What happened?
Beats me. But I do know a few Bishops that fall into that category and did just that. I think that they feel wanted and needed for advice. Many stories are told in church of going to priesthood leaders for advice. This was big in the 1970s and 1980s. This doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen.

Now at 62 I would say this and especially to me. Save three hundred dollars, drive to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in West Los Angeles and look at the board where you will see something like Sara Goldstein M.D. Psychiatrist or Beth Goldman M.D. Psychiatrist and many more like those two. Talk to a female Jewish psychiatrist about the LDS church. Follow her advise. Tell her your thoughts and the suggestions of Mormon priesthood leaders.
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:01 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:08 am

What happened?
Beats me. But I do know a few Bishops that fall into that category and did just that. I think that they feel wanted and needed for advice. Many stories are told in church of going to priesthood leaders for advice. This was big in the 1970s and 1980s. This doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen.

Now at 62 I would say this and especially to me. Save three hundred dollars, drive to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in West Los Angeles and look at the board where you will see something like Sara Goldstein M.D. Psychiatrist or Beth Goldman M.D. Psychiatrist and many more like those two. Talk to a female Jewish psychiatrist about the LDS church. Follow her advise. Tell her your thoughts and the suggestions of Mormon priesthood leaders.
Don't think bishops are trained for half the stuff they have to deal with.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:07 am
OP has only 1 post and hasn't responded to any of this thread. I wonder if it was just spam.
Actually, OP hasn't even read the replies. Lol.
How do you know they haven't read the replies?