God was Sorry

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Re: God was Sorry

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

bill4long wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 pm
I also wondered if space was like a donut and the big bang started in the donut hole...
The idea has merit in my mind. I came to the conclusion long ago that life is all about the holes. ;)
:lol:
High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

bill4long wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
I also wondered if space was like a donut and the big bang started in the donut hole...
The idea has merit in my mind. I came to the conclusion long ago that life is all about the holes. ;)

(Deck the halls with boughs of holly, roast holy marshmallows to gooey perfection) 🐳 🐳 🐳
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

bill4long wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
And so as a result of there always being a kind of gap, that's the gap you know like where the electric spark jumps That's the thing behind your head, behind your eyes that you can never get to look at, it's the gap. And because of that little gap, the circle doesn't just revolve in a dull way, just go around, and around, and around type of boring thing It has rhythm See if I say, “Yoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee;” No rhythm, see, it's just one long sound After a while you'd say, "Oh cut it out," or we just become insensitive to it What we want to hear is the breaking you see? And we want to hear and vanish, and come back again, and so on And that sets up a rhythm, and that becomes interesting That's putting gaps between, you see we need those gaps We need those gaps. See?

[Chorus] You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You'll find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm And behind that there's another rhythm doing a rhythm Now you see it, now you don't, Now you see it, now you don't Oh, that's pretty dull So, now you see it, now you don't, now you see it, now you don't Oh that's pretty dull So, what we're gonna do is this, we're gonna have you see it three times, and then with a regular not see it between them Then there's gonna be a longer not see it after that one And then I'm gonna do something very complicated after that so that you don't really know when it's gonna come next So, it's gonna be a surprise You know how we all do that?

[Chorus] You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You'll find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm And behind that there's another rhythm doing a rhythm And interesting people are those who do this in very involved ways Dull people, the sort of people who put their hats on absolutely straight Are the kind of people for example who have the same meal every day, exactly the same thing, always, see? See, have no inventiveness They have the same routine, they go to the same office, they answer the same kind of letters, and that's that, see? But then if they want to start up a more interesting kind of business and make more money Take the people who make clothes They figure out fashion, it's gonna be a new thing for ladies, a new style We're gonna make them do long skirts instead of the short skirts And they skirts go “wi-tchi-tchi tchi-tchi tchi-tchi,” like this Then finally they thought about having topless women They're gonna play around with that and have an absolutely scandalous ball But, that's the whole thing you see? It's this thing of rhythm And yes you ask, „Well, I see that. What is doing this rhythm? Who, after all, am I?“ And as you explore deeper and deeper and deeper into the nature of yourself [Chorus] You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm"

Rhythm Doing a Rhythm
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Valo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:44 pm
bill4long wrote:
And so as a result of there always being a kind of gap, that's the gap you know like where the electric spark jumps That's the thing behind your head, behind your eyes that you can never get to look at, it's the gap. And because of that little gap, the circle doesn't just revolve in a dull way, just go around, and around, and around type of boring thing It has rhythm See if I say, “Yoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee;” No rhythm, see, it's just one long sound After a while you'd say, "Oh cut it out," or we just become insensitive to it What we want to hear is the breaking you see? And we want to hear and vanish, and come back again, and so on And that sets up a rhythm, and that becomes interesting That's putting gaps between, you see we need those gaps We need those gaps. See?

[Chorus] You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You'll find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm And behind that there's another rhythm doing a rhythm Now you see it, now you don't, Now you see it, now you don't Oh, that's pretty dull So, now you see it, now you don't, now you see it, now you don't Oh that's pretty dull So, what we're gonna do is this, we're gonna have you see it three times, and then with a regular not see it between them Then there's gonna be a longer not see it after that one And then I'm gonna do something very complicated after that so that you don't really know when it's gonna come next So, it's gonna be a surprise You know how we all do that?

[Chorus] You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You'll find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm And behind that there's another rhythm doing a rhythm And interesting people are those who do this in very involved ways Dull people, the sort of people who put their hats on absolutely straight Are the kind of people for example who have the same meal every day, exactly the same thing, always, see? See, have no inventiveness They have the same routine, they go to the same office, they answer the same kind of letters, and that's that, see? But then if they want to start up a more interesting kind of business and make more money Take the people who make clothes They figure out fashion, it's gonna be a new thing for ladies, a new style We're gonna make them do long skirts instead of the short skirts And they skirts go “wi-tchi-tchi tchi-tchi tchi-tchi,” like this Then finally they thought about having topless women They're gonna play around with that and have an absolutely scandalous ball But, that's the whole thing you see? It's this thing of rhythm And yes you ask, „Well, I see that. What is doing this rhythm? Who, after all, am I?“ And as you explore deeper and deeper and deeper into the nature of yourself [Chorus] You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm Rhythm doing a rhythm doing a rhythm You find that you're a rhythm doing a rhythm"

Rhythm Doing a Rhythm
Lol. I thought this was you speaking until I clicked the YouTube link.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:02 pm
Valo wrote:

Rhythm Doing a Rhythm
No, sorry for the confusion. Usually I just post links to the song but I'm trying to be sensitive to people who don't appreciate that. I think these ideas are really important.

But I have studied Alan Watts, a lot, and so I do often say things similar. Can't help it.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:02 pm
Valo wrote:

Rhythm Doing a Rhythm
Here s a sample of my music! Not even in the same league! As in, I'm far inferior! :D

Maybe Something Bassy
bill4long
1st Counselor

Post by bill4long »

God was sorry.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

High Spy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 am
bill4long wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:51 am
Wishin' and hopin'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbgHM1mI0k
The Bible clearly states that the Earth shall be dissolved.

Hope means something you expect to happen and indeed every word spoken by God shall be fulfilled.
I believe Astronomers believe this also: Maybe not soon but in another 5 billion years when our sun flares into a red giant as it exhausts it's fuel; later fades into oblivion as a white dwarf a.k.a. in Mormon land as a pure dwarf and then into a black dwarf. No black dwarfs yet but that is where our Sun is heading as white becomes pure and then settles into black or the purest of the pure.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
bill4long
1st Counselor

Post by bill4long »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:39 pm
High Spy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:48 am
The Bible clearly states that the Earth shall be dissolved.

Hope means something you expect to happen and indeed every word spoken by God shall be fulfilled.
I believe Astronomers believe this also: Maybe not soon but in another 5 billion years when our sun flares into a red giant as it exhausts it's fuel; later fades into oblivion as a white dwarf a.k.a. in Mormon land as a pure dwarf and then into a black dwarf. No black dwarfs yet but that is where our Sun is heading as white becomes pure and then settles into black or the purest of the pure.
"The Bible". Hehehe. As if that's a definite thing. Yes, I view High Spy as a crackpot. No offense however. I hope s/he has a nice life.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.