Homosexuality Thread for the Celestial Forum

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Official Homosexuality Thread for the Celestial Forum

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gentle Moderator Reminder: please keep speech respectful, as required by the forum rules for Celestial. Thanks
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

French Toast wrote:As babies, we arrive as blank slates. It is society that programmes us according to its culture and historical precedent.
According to who?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... %20thought.
Psychology Today wrote:]Behaviorism was most dominant in the first half of the twentieth century. Though the field did evolve beyond its early hyperfocus on external behavior, it is no longer widely cited amongst clinicians or academics because modern psychology tends to privilege the inner landscape of emotions and thought
Maybe Psychology Today is wrong, but what's your justification? You've unloaded a myriad of claims about how God and much of the world works including uniting theism with behaviorism of all things, and with arguments for any of it.
I'm beginning to wonder if I've stumbled upon a group for belligerent children. The equivalent of shouting, "I'M RIGHT! I'M RIGHT! I'M RIGHT BECAUSE I KNOW I AM!" reminds me of the mistake I made by signing up to a Flat Earth Facebook group simply because I was curious to find out if the folks there were joking
If you were to stumble onto a forum of mature adults, how do you expect they would respond to you?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dean Robbers, putting aside the ever present fringe, the concept of the mind being a blank slate at birth has been dead for a while now. The issue commonly debated is the respective roles of genes and environment, with epigenetics offered as one example of how the two interact.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Is this thread for official homosexuals? Or the official thread to discuss homosexuality?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

bill4long wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:00 am
Is this thread for official homosexuals? Or the official thread to discuss homosexuality?

bill-baby, I've changed the name of the thread in order to simplify...

i hope that helps

:D