Homosexuality Thread for the Celestial Forum

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: Official Homosexuality Thread for the Celestial Forum

Post by Shulem »

bill4long wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:26 pm
French Toast wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:53 pm
The only parts of us that aren't imprinted by society are reflexes (e.g., blinking) and instincts (e.g., hunger). Everything else is learnt behaviour, including the specifics of attraction.
In my own experience, I couldn't disagree more. I liked girls at the age of four. I was downright infatuated. It was powerful and obvious. Nobody taught me that. I was born straight. Super straight.

Yes, you were born straight and are following the course and design of who you are!

Love is a beautiful thing and is expressed in a variety of ways:

Led Zeppelin, All My Love wrote:Should I fall out of love, my fire in the light
To chase a feather in the wind
Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight
There moves a thread that has no end
For many hours and days that pass ever soon
The tides have caused the flame to dim
At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom
Is this to end or just begin?
All of my love, all of my love
All of my love to you, oh
All of my love, all of my love, oh
All of my love to you
The cup is raised, the toast is made yet again
One voice is clear above the din
Proud Arianne one word, my will to sustain
For me, the cloth once more to spin, oh
All of my love to you
All of my love, all of my love, yes
All of my love to you
Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time
His is the force that lies within
Ours is the fire, all the warmth we can find
He is a feather in the wind, oh
All of my love to you
All of my love, ooh yes, all of my love to you now
All of my love, love, sometimes, sometimes
Sometimes, sometimes, oh love
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Ooh yeah, it's all my love
All of my love, all of my love, to you now
all of my love to, to you, you, you, yeah
I get a little bit lonely

Oh yeah, baby!

:lol:
French Toast
Nursery

Post by French Toast »

bill4long wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:26 pm
In my own experience, I couldn't disagree more. I liked girls at the age of four. I was downright infatuated. It was powerful and obvious. Nobody taught me that. I was born straight. Super straight.
Oh, dear. You have no idea how you were born because you could neither understand nor be understood. You were an empty shell ready for imprinting by society.

I'm beginning to wonder if I've stumbled upon a group for belligerent children. The equivalent of shouting, "I'M RIGHT! I'M RIGHT! I'M RIGHT BECAUSE I KNOW I AM!" reminds me of the mistake I made by signing up to a Flat Earth Facebook group simply because I was curious to find out if the folks there were joking. They weren't. It was senseless to remain because no one had any common sense. Everything was a conspiracy to them. Yawn.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

French Toast wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:05 pm
...I'm a same-sex attracted man, but I don't believe I was born gay. In fact, I don't believe "gay" and other gender and identity issues are really anything more than a response unintentionally taught by society in a botched attempt at avoiding its greatest fear of being unacceptable and ostracised...
Oh my. So, you are gay because of your inadequate avoidance of your fear of being found unacceptable and ostracized? This doesn't make sense.
French Toast
Nursery

Post by French Toast »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:05 pm
Oh my. So, you are gay because of your inadequate avoidance of your fear of being found unacceptable and ostracized? This doesn't make sense.
Oh, my! It's you again. I've never been stalked before. Should I be flattered?

You are attempting and failing to twist my assertion — other than by a process of misrepresentation.

The suggestion I am making is that issues related to gender and identity make no sense from either a biological or theistic perspective. Evolutionary biology has no use for those issues, and neither does God. Ergo, I submit that neither is responsible.

What biology is responsible for is our position on the spectrum between the extremes of quintessential masculinity and femininity — as well our brain-related peculiarities that make us respond differently to stimuli. For example, someone whose brain positions them on the autistic spectrum will process information differently from someone whose brain makeup is more conventional.

As babies, we arrive as blank slates. It is society that programmes us according to its culture and historical precedent. For the majority, everything aligns as expected. For a few, however — especially those toward the middle of the spectrum of biological sex — the outcome is likely to be more of a lottery. Add some quirky brain-related susceptibilities to the mix, and you have a perfect storm.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

French Toast wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:03 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:05 pm
Oh, my! It's you again. I've never been stalked before. Should I be flattered?
What you should do is read the rules for Celestial. I wont report you this time, but i will if you do it again.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

French Toast wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:03 pm
...The suggestion I am making is that issues related to gender and identity make no sense from either a biological or theistic perspective. Evolutionary biology has no use for those issues, and neither does God. Ergo, I submit that neither is responsible....
Your submission is rejected, on grounds of logic, science, and rational thinking.
French Toast
Nursery

Post by French Toast »

Of course it it. Yawn.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

French Toast wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:21 pm
Of course it it. Yawn.
what is 'it it'?

do you have any response?
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

French Toast wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:28 pm
Oh, dear. You have no idea how you were born because you could neither understand nor be understood. You were an empty shell ready for imprinting by society.
Um, well, no. I can only speak from experience. You don't know me, my experience, nor am I persuaded that you are you some kind of uber being who understands all the vagaries of human nature from your perch at the top of the mountain.
I'm beginning to wonder if I've stumbled upon a group for belligerent children.
I'm starting to think the same thing about you. The term "unhinged" is coming to mind.
As babies, we arrive as blank slates. It is society that programmes us according to its culture and historical precedent
As a man with three sons, you couldn't be more wrong. My sons all came out completely different. The tabula rasa "blank slate" idea is complete horse sh*t in my own experience and has been resoundly debunked by modern research.
The equivalent of shouting, "I'M RIGHT! I'M RIGHT! I'M RIGHT BECAUSE I KNOW I AM!" reminds me of the mistake I made by signing up to a Flat Earth Facebook group simply because I was curious to find out if the folks there were joking. They weren't. It was senseless to remain because no one had any common sense. Everything was a conspiracy to them. Yawn.
:lol:

Nuff said.
Last edited by bill4long on Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:34 pm
Should I fall out of love, my fire in the light
To chase a feather in the wind...
I love LZ and I love that song. RIP Karac.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.