New Church Logo of Jesus in a Bell Jar?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Cold & Lonely

Post by Shulem »

A visit from Mormon Jesus may require a coat or a jacket. He looks cold and frozen and half dressed. The new Church logo looks somewhat dark and dreary. No sunshine at all -- only darkness and gloom. Something hidden.

It's a sad and lonely statue of a man who appears trapped within an icy enclosure.

The Church failed to produce a logo that inspires warmth and joy
Shulem
God

Cold Blue Mormon Jesus

Post by Shulem »

Anyone in there? Hello!

Going down:

A blue Jesus is not the answer. It doesn't work.

He's cold and lifeless.

Blue Jesus -- cold, lifeless, and lonely

Shulem
God

Re: New Church Logo of Jesus in a Bell Jar?

Post by Shulem »

Ramus_Stein wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 pm
If I may interject, I would prefer that the LDS Church use this image:

Exactly, it adds a little warmth and glow. Not sure the Man above looks to my personal liking or taste but the use of color is absolutely required! And his eyes look open and genuine. Amen to that.

Everyone needs a Jesus they can feel good about such as this one:

Shulem
God

Welcome and warm invitation

Post by Shulem »

Wouldn't something like this serve as a better Church logo?

It's warm and inviting and reflects more accurately how Jesus might himself prefer to be portrayed.

Come follow me and join us.

Salvation is free and without price. Pay only if you can and what you feel in your heart.

My burden is easy and my yoke is light.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 pm
The worst thing is their stupid explanation of the arch. What about Jesus as the only WAY to eternal life? An arch provides an entrance to walk through, and there is Jesus standing with open arms to welcome those who come through the arch. But they can't even be bothered to come up with interest

A) The head of the statue is in the middle of the tomb arch entrance but isn't that just because the artist drew it that way for the purpose of making a logo?

B) It only serves to remind us of Jesus coming out of an arched tomb entrance when portraits reflect arched tombs but not square tomb entrances.

C) Except for the fact that for 3 years children of gay parents were not welcome to become members of the Church until the policy given by revelation was reversed by revelation.
Shulem
God

Corporate Blue

Post by Shulem »

It's a fact that BLUE is used more than any other color for Fortune 500 Company logos, red is second. When it comes to credit cards, it's overwhelmingly blue -- so pay up!

It goes to show that the Corporation of the Church certainly follows the business trend of Corporations. Seems awfully worldly to me and could be construed as a red flag for people looking for a humble Christian church that serves people and gives generously to the needy rather than hording billions of dollars in a secret investment account wherein only a select few know about it and how much is in it.

Salvation is NOT Free -- pay up or forget it!

In order to join this Church you must commit to paying 10% of your income, interest, and earnings to the Corporation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is nonnegotiable. Either you commit to pay for the rest of your life or you cannot join the Corporation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Membership is NOT free but comes with a price, as stated above. Commit to pay or you cannot join.
Last edited by Shulem on Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shulem
God

Two for the Price of One

Post by Shulem »

The Church could have used its unique Christian belief in plural gods wherein the Church teaches that Two-Men who have bodies of flesh and bone run the Church wherein the younger reports to the older, his Father.

If the Church had used the above for its logo then it could have got a two for one in showing the whole world that the Father & Son are Two Persons just like Joseph said when he left the grove and wrote down his testimony of Two Men who appeared to him.

Right? Wrong?

And why use a statue when you can use the Two-Men to signify the logo of Mormonism?
Joseph Smith 1832 Handwritten account of the First Vision wrote:
. . . . a piller of light above the brightness of the sun at noon day come down from above and rested upon me and I was filled with the spirit of god and the ​Lord​ opened the heavens upon me and I saw the Lord and he spake unto me saying Joseph ​my son thy sins are forgiven thee. go thy way​ walk in my statutes and keep my commandments behold I am the Lord of glory
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

This one gets my vote:

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Or this one:

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Future Mormon Jesus

Post by Shulem »

Welcome to the Future! Mormon Jesus.

Come inside and witness ancient relics from the religious past. Meet the god of the Mormons, Jesus Christus. He's encapsulated in his eternal crystal and was worshiped by American Mormons two thousand years ago.

Behold, Jesus Christus, frozen by the Mormons for 2,000 years

This graven image of Mormon Jesus once stood in a sanctuary of the city of Salt Lake for 500 hundred years before the entire land was overrun by the ocean and the Great Salt Lake was buried by sea water: