Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

History vs. Historian

Post by Shulem »

Radio Free Mormon has just released a new podcast about his former missionary companion while serving a mission in Japan. Elder Kyle S. McKay is a lawyer by occupation and has become the new Church Historian. Once again, a lawyer will head the church history department.

Radio Free Mormon: Meet the New Church Historian!

The Church depends on lawyers to run this departmental arm of the Church rather than actual historians who are best qualified to understand the job. It’s all about hiding evidence and spinning negative information in order to present history in a faith promoting narrative and keep things in check. Mormonism has a long history of hiding information and discussing it only in the light and manner in which it thinks best. What might elder McKay have to say about the fantastic ages of the Patriarchs and the problems with the ages in which they were ordained? I have the distinct impression that he will say absolutely nothing and will encourage the entire department to say nothing.

“Say Nothing”
Shulem
God

Boring

Post by Shulem »

The Church speaks to the world through General Authorities. The First Presidency acts as the ultimate mouthpiece for the Church with the President at the head. Have you ever noticed how nothing new and exciting is ever said? It’s constant repetition and regurgitation out of the mouths of prophets who don’t prophesy. Visionaries having no vision! Seers who see not! It’s the same old tired song and dance that the leaders of the Church having been yapping -- year after year -- generation after generation. They refuse to take a chance of saying something new and being proven wrong. Their script is basically limited to what’s already been said time and time again -- ad nauseam.

Mormonism is altogether tiresome and church meetings are painfully boring. Wouldn’t it be entertaining to watch and listen to President Nelson give a talk about the virtues of Noah being ordained to the priesthood at age 10? What might Nelson have to say? Was it a onetime deal? Could it happen again in our day?
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: Boring

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:36 pm
Mormonism is altogether tiresome and church meetings are painfully boring.
The real God (if she exists) surely has a better sense of humor than the MormBots. Even when I was a TBM all those years ago I couldn't believe how insufferably boring General Conference (and every other meeting) was.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Re: Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

Post by Shulem »

dan vogel wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm
Paul, I don't have a comment yet, but I have shared it with Mike Marquardt. We have discussed this several times. I think he will appreciate it too.

Well, time is ticking away and H. Michael Marquardt is not getting any younger. None of us are! Do you think anyone in academic circles would enjoy moving this project forward and adding more to it? What about you? I suppose that I could ponder it some more and do a part II. I just hate to see this kind of thing go by the wayside when it provides fascinating tangible evidence into the working mind of Joseph Smith. Something tells me (a hunch) there is much more to be uncovered and discovered in those manuscripts.
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:09 pm
dan vogel wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm
Paul, I don't have a comment yet, but I have shared it with Mike Marquardt. We have discussed this several times. I think he will appreciate it too.

Well, time is ticking away and H. Michael Marquardt is not getting any younger. None of us are! Do you think anyone in academic circles would enjoy moving this project forward and adding more to it? What about you? I suppose that I could ponder it some more and do a part II. I just hate to see this kind of thing go by the wayside when it provides fascinating tangible evidence into the working mind of Joseph Smith. Something tells me (a hunch) there is much more to be uncovered and discovered in those manuscripts.
Probably so, but I'm very busy at the moment.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

dan vogel wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:23 pm
Probably so, but I'm very busy at the moment.

Sigh. :oops:

No worries, Dan, it’s okay, bro. I have great admiration towards you. Do what your passions lead you to do. Follow your intuition, instincts, and interests.

I can take it from here. You can trust Shulem to get the job done. I’m quite capable and prepared.

PART II?

:shock:

Ugh. I have to do this?

Sigh.
Moksha
God

Re: History vs. Historian

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:37 pm
Radio Free Mormon has just released a new podcast about his former missionary companion while serving a mission in Japan. Elder Kyle S. McKay is a lawyer by occupation and has become the new Church Historian. Once again, a lawyer will head the church history department.
Lawyers are bound by an oath not to reveal what their clients say and do. Historians on the other hand blab the truth as part of their profession.

If you were a secretive organization with questionable practices and a very shady past, would you want an accurate and honest historian or a lawyer?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:10 am
Lawyers are bound by an oath not to reveal what their clients say and do. Historians on the other hand blab the truth as part of their profession.

If you were a secretive organization with questionable practices and a very shady past, would you want an accurate and honest historian or a lawyer?

In the case of Joseph Fielding Smith, we have the reverse. He was not interested in trumpeting truth with information contained in original and raw documents hidden within the vaults of the Church. He was a man of academics his entire life but spent his whole life hiding evidence that implicated the Church and its founding prophet as a fraud. The 1832 First Vision account and the GAEL are excellent examples to prove Joseph Fielding Smith was involved in a coverup being supervised and maintained at the highest levels of Church leadership. RFM can vouch for that!

I think it can be truthfully said that such men are not honest in all their dealings. They are more interested in protecting faith of believing members than revealing things that threaten truth claims and member’s testimonies of the so-called restored gospel of a man who supposedly lived and died 2,000 years ago and has not been seen since. And you can be sure that the so-called prophecy of the second coming will never happen, not in this century or in any that follow. Christ is dead, period.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:04 pm
In the case of Joseph Fielding Smith, we have the reverse.
Smith's education consisted of two years in high school. He was a historian by virtue of the position.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

A need to know

Post by Shulem »

What could be more important than knowing the exact age that ancient (mythical) patriarchs were ordained to the Patriarchal Priesthood?

That would require a revelation! It demonstrates how Joseph Smith had a direct pipeline to God in pulling amazing numbers out of his hat which nobody but himself could do. One might argue that those numbers were restored to the world because they are necessary for the salvation of mankind in the last days. Or is it a test of faith?

Every member of the Church must declare their faith that the ages and numbers are fixed and exact. Mahalaleel was ordained at the age of 496 “and 7 days”!

DECLARE YOUR FAITH:

[ ] Yes [ ] No -- Mahalaleel was ordained at the age of 496.
[ ] Yes [ ] No -- Mahalaleel was ordained exactly 7 days after he turned 496.
[ ] Yes [ ] No -- I believe this knowledge is important to my salvation.