BYU bans UTUBE

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Notoriuswun
_Emeritus

Post by _Notoriuswun »

VegasRefugee wrote:
Notoriuswun wrote:pps What the hell was VEGAS doing on FOX news?!? (perhaps more alarming!)

If you want to study communist propaganda you read Pravda.

Or Marx.

Where do you fall politically then?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Notoriuswun wrote:Or Marx.

Where do you fall politically then?

To the right I am a neoliberal. To the left im a do nothing centrist. To myself I am a libertarian.

Heinlein is the political philosopher that I identify with the most.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Notoriuswun
_Emeritus

Post by _Notoriuswun »

VegasRefugee wrote:To the right I am a neoliberal. To the left im a do nothing centrist. To myself I am a libertarian.

Heinlein is the political philosopher that I identify with the most.

Neato.

Exhume Goldwater '08! is my new campaign motto.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
_Jason Bourne
_Emeritus

Re: BYU bans UTUBE

Post by _Jason Bourne »

rcrocket wrote:
harmony wrote:
Don't sweat it, Vegas. If the church is going to implode, it will implode. And then we will know once and for all that it is led by men who were so arrogant and enarmored with their power and unrighteous dominion they listened only to their own reason.

Gee, in prior posts you maintain that you hold a current recommend and attend the temple. Given the questions that you must affirmatively answer to get that recommend, it seems to me that you are either being disingenuous with your bishop, or are lying to us about your recommend, or else lying to us about your feelings about the Brethren. Anyway you look at it, your argument seems weak.

rcrocket

Plu is obsessed with you and your recommend Harmony. You and your recommend makes up about 1/3 of his posts.
I believe Plu can discuss things intelligently. I see glimpses of this once in a while. But I think he just likes to toy with mostly us hypocrites you know. He gets his jollies this way. That anyone has questions and real concerns they may be interested in dealing with, or God forbid, actually they may have good ideas for change in the Church is tough for Plu and his monolithic Mormonism thinking. You can see it on the editing church history thread. He said it there. If the leaders want to change and edit the history so it is more faith promoting that is A OK with him. It is after all god directing them to do this so it is just fine.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Jason Bourne wrote:Plu is obsessed with you and your recommend Harmony. You and your recommend makes up about 1/3 of his posts.
I believe Plu can discuss things intelligently. I see glimpses of this once in a while. But I think he just likes to toy with mostly us hypocrites you know. He gets his jollies this way. That anyone has questions and real concerns they may be interested in dealing with, or God forbid, actually they may have good ideas for change in the Church is tough for Plu and his monolithic Mormonism thinking. You can see it on the editing church history thread. He said it there. If the leaders want to change and edit the history so it is more faith promoting that is A OK with him. It is after all god directing them to do this so it is just fine.

I think its a control thing. Invoking the TR makes him feel important.

False power, false sense of accomplishment.
Lost in time
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

rcrocket wrote:
harmony wrote:
Don't sweat it, Vegas. If the church is going to implode, it will implode. And then we will know once and for all that it is led by men who were so arrogant and enarmored with their power and unrighteous dominion they listened only to their own reason.

Gee, in prior posts you maintain that you hold a current recommend and attend the temple. Given the questions that you must affirmatively answer to get that recommend, it seems to me that you are either being disingenuous with your bishop, or are lying to us about your recommend, or else lying to us about your feelings about the Brethren. Anyway you look at it, your argument seems weak.

rcrocket

Considering that you were crying on the other thread because of the way I supposedly treated you, I'm surprised you are still using this obsessive tactic with Harmony. What do you do, Bob? Follow Harmony around from thread to thread to invoke the same argument? Her stance has been asked and answered. In case you're having reading comprehension problems again:

Harmony wrote:What argument? (Plu, we already had this discussion, remember? I am not required to like my leaders, not required to refrain from criticizing them. All I'm required to do is sustain them, personal feelings aside. And that I do. I do not, however, revere them, fawn over them, or agree with them when they do or say something stupid. I sustain them, much as I sustain the President of the United States, even when I disagree with him too).

If you want to refute her comments, Bob, at least start a new thread, and state why you're refuting her arguments (that is, if you can). This business of following her around to different threads copy/pasting the same comment is growing tiresome.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

Notoriuswun wrote:
Neato.

Exhume Goldwater '08! is my new campaign motto.

Whats funny is that Hillary campaigned for Goldwater.
Lost in time
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Notoriuswun wrote:Exhume Goldwater '08! is my new campaign motto.

Baptism of the dead?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

moksha wrote:
Notoriuswun wrote:Exhume Goldwater '08! is my new campaign motto.

Baptism of the dead?

Ahhh, the fresh odor of Necromancy
Lost in time
_Notoriuswun
_Emeritus

Post by _Notoriuswun »

VegasRefugee wrote:
Whats funny is that Hillary campaigned for Goldwater.

That was when she was young and idealistic. She now has sold herself to no fewer than 250 corporations/organizations. (much like all politicians)

But she still supports business, would probably restrict gov spending, and would (hopefully) support civil liberties.

I might vote/support her.

- Friedrich Nietzsche