Jenny

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Jenny

Post by Jersey Girl »

Does anyone remember Jenny or Jenny Jo? She went by Jenny Jo on ZLMB but I knew her previously as Jenny on another board. She just crossed my mind today, as she sometimes does. She was such a kind and loving woman whose sister (Vicky Prunty) ran an activist organization called Tapestry Against Polygamy. She had such a spark of enthusiasm.

I just found this recent post about the organization and it's current work: https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/20 ... nents-see/

I've long since lost her email. Can anyone put me in touch with Jenny? If so, please send me a message.

Thanks!

Who else crosses your mind from your "old days" in online communities?

Twenty years ago I also ran into Brian J. Mackert on the same board as Jenny. He posted as plygymykid (bet I spelled that wrong!). Brian J. was raised up in a polygamist family and left. His journey finally led him to become a born again Christian and he now pastors his own church. I had many, many, exchanges with him via email. He was the first person I ever encountered who had somehow detangled himself from LDS scripture (no offense LDS folks) and see that there was something different in Christianity belief in practice. Just loved him so much! A regular guy, biker guy even, with whom you could have thoughtful and sincere conversations with. Very open and honest about his experiences.

Here's a thing about Brian J. https://www.baptistpress.com/resource-l ... community/

Here's his book: https://www.amazon.com/Illegitimate-How ... 234&sr=8-1

Brian J. isn't difficult to get in touch with. Jenny seems to have fallen off the edge of the planet.

Do you have unforgettable people like that as well? People whom you knew to think of so fondly back in the old days that you still recall them to mind?
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Jenny

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:18 pm
Do you have unforgettable people like that as well? People whom you knew to think of so fondly back in the old days that you still recall them to mind?
Yes, but I can't remember their usernames. :-(
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I'll throw some usernames out there from the past. Some of these may be current posters here, but in my absence from the discussion board, I don't much know who is who now, which is why my participation here is sparse. There are a few people below with whom I could fairly easily gain contact.

BlackMoclips
fanpalm
Nevo
ozz112
Paul Hadik
praetorian
Rabanes
Kevin Winters
Rico Babalu
Robin
RockHeaded
ShakeyTBM
Slithy
Smac97
Soho
Souixie Q
srdudso
TOm Nossor
Tradd Button
Tundramom
Urroner
Zakuska
Wembley
Calculas Crusader
EnigMo
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Last I talked to Kevin Winters he was no longer Mormon as it didn't agree with his lifestyle, but he was doing fine a few years back
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

An equally important (and much larger) board from back when was the Mormon forums at Beliefnet.

by the way, Smac97 sounds like someone from the Charles Manson legal cult or something like it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Fence Sitter
2nd Counselor

Post by Fence Sitter »

Two regular posters I miss the most,
Blixa and Darth.
Red Ryder
Nursery

Post by Red Ryder »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Does anyone remember Jenny or Jenny Jo? She went by Jenny Jo on ZLMB but I knew her previously as Jenny on another board. She just crossed my mind today, as she sometimes does. She was such a kind and loving woman whose sister (Vicki Prunty) ran an activist organization called Tapestry Against Polygamy. She had such a spark of enthusiasm.

I just found this recent post about the organization and it's current work: https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/20 ... nents-see/

I've long since lost her email. Can anyone put me in touch with Jenny? If so, please send me a message.

Thanks!
Did she post on NOM?

If so I may be able to help with an email address. Check your PM’s.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:32 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Does anyone remember Jenny or Jenny Jo? She went by Jenny Jo on ZLMB but I knew her previously as Jenny on another board. She just crossed my mind today, as she sometimes does. She was such a kind and loving woman whose sister (Vicki Prunty) ran an activist organization called Tapestry Against Polygamy. She had such a spark of enthusiasm.

Thanks!
Did she post on NOM?

If so I may be able to help with an email address. Check your PM’s.
She easily could have. Thanks!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
AZCaesar
Nursery

Post by AZCaesar »

Jersey Girl wrote: Can anyone put me in touch with Jenny?
Just a thought, but have you tried calling 867-5309?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

AZCaesar wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:26 pm
Jersey Girl wrote: Can anyone put me in touch with Jenny?
Just a thought, but have you tried calling 867-5309?
That number is to what?

Slava Ukraini!