Why Does Bill Hamblin Hate Sunstone?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Re: Why Does Bill Hamblin Hate Sunstone?

Post by _Kishkumen »

Runtu wrote:My first thought on seeing that was that the mods must be reading this board. :smile:

Something has to keep them from dozing off, and caffeine is not an option.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Runtu wrote:My first thought on seeing that was that the mods must be reading this board. :smile:

That's been an established fact since almost the very beginning.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Post by _William Schryver »

Kishkumen wrote:
William Schryver wrote:See what I mean? It's happening already! Before you know it, you and Mike Quinn will be roomies, watching Sonny and Cher reruns in your silk kimonos and working on Postmodern Mormonism and the Apologetic World View. :lol:

There is a good reason most of us dislike this Will character. A really good reason.

Damn rights, there is. It's an instinctive reflex that moves you in the darkest corridors of your being; wraps its grasping hands around the very core of your carnal essence, and wrenches your flesh until the primal scream of your suppressed outrage bursts into a malevolent spasm of ecstatic rage.

And I predict -- yea, verily I prophesy -- that it will only get worse as time goes on ...
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

What I find interesting (among other things) is that Hamblin & et al. will freely toss out highly offensive epithets, and yet, they all bristle at being called "TBM" and/or "Mopologist." (Cf. LoaP's comments in the thread.)
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

William Schryver wrote:you'll even lose your lingering affinity for BYU football

Heh - you sort of nailed it for me (although it's not that hard to figure out why). This is the first time in 6 years that I won't be getting BYU season tickets. Yeah, i'll still watch them on TV and root for them, but the lds church will never see a dime from me ever again.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

William Schryver wrote: my wife is sufficiently Jewish to have been gathered up for the "Final Solution."

Wow, so your wife is approx. 70 years old?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Who Knows wrote:
William Schryver wrote:you'll even lose your lingering affinity for BYU football

Heh - you sort of nailed it for me (although it's not that hard to figure out why). This is the first time in 6 years that I won't be getting BYU season tickets. Yeah, i'll still watch them on TV and root for them, but the lds church will never see a dime from me ever again.

Like I said ...

Looks like Mike Quinn's mother better'd find a bigger house.

And more kimonos.

Admit it, this does it for you: Half Breed
... every man walketh in his own way, and after the image of his own god, whose image is in the likeness of the world, and whose substance is that of an idol ...
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

If Will only knew just how he is damaging his own religion by acting like this.
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

William Schryver wrote:Admit it, this does it for you: Half Breed

Heh - yeah, that's pretty funny. Though I do feel a bit bad laughing at your personal anthem. At least you're not ashamed - you go girl!
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_William Schryver
_Emeritus

Kevin Graham wrote:If Will only knew just how he is damaging his own religion by acting like this.

I think I have a very good sense of just how much damage I'm doing.