sigh...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mortal Man
_Emeritus

sigh...

Post by _Mortal Man »

I was determined never to post on this board because I was already spending way too much time on MADB. But since this board is home to MADB outcasts, I figured what the heck?

I must admit that I'm shocked and stunned at being banned. I'm not going to whine about it though. Although I disagree with hermes' decision, he actually did me a favor. I'd rather maintain my civility than win an argument. If my behavior needs correcting then so be it.

The only thing I'm upset about is my lack of opportunity to apologize to Deborah. I did not intend my comment to be taken personally (I was trying to make a general point) but I can see that it came out that way. If someone here can relay my sincere apology to her over at MADB I would be most grateful.

MM
_Yoda

Re: sigh...

Post by _Yoda »

Welcome to the board, Mortal Man! :biggrin:

I'm sorry you were banned from MAD, but we're glad to have you here. We're the fun group! LOL

I'm banned from MAD as well, but there are several here who have duel access. I'm sure that your message can be conveyed.

In the meantime, please feel free to comment on any of our many threads here.

If you have any techie questions, please feel free to PM me. I'm one of the Moderators here.

(The Mods here don't hide behind an additional ID like they do at MAD)
_Mortal Man
_Emeritus

Post by _Mortal Man »

liz3564 wrote:Welcome to the board, Mortal Man! :biggrin:

I'm sorry you were banned from MAD, but we're glad to have you here. We're the fun group! LOL

I'm banned from MAD as well, but there are several here who have duel access. I'm sure that your message can be conveyed.

In the meantime, please feel free to comment on any of our many threads here.

If you have any techie questions, please feel free to PM me. I'm one of the Moderators here.

(The Mods here don't hide behind an additional ID like they do at MAD)

Why thank you liz. It's good to know who the moderators are so I don't accidentally suck up to the wrong person.
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

Mortal Man wrote:...
home to MADB outcasts, I figured what the heck?

Like visiting a singles' ward after a recent divorce -- things may seem
a bit different here...

But you'll soon be gulping down the green jello (or bock beer) with the rest of us.

And there's somebody who needs a ride home, after meetings (wink, wink).

UD
-- the discovery never seems to stop --
_KimberlyAnn
_Emeritus

Post by _KimberlyAnn »

You're not banned from MAD, Mortal Man. You've just been given a week long time-out.

You'll be posting again in seven days with renewed vigor. (And possibly a sore bottom. That time-out stool doesn't look very comfortable.)

KA
_Mortal Man
_Emeritus

Post by _Mortal Man »

Uncle Dale wrote:Like visiting a singles' ward after a recent divorce -- things may seem
a bit different here...

But you'll soon be gulping down the green jello (or bock beer) with the rest of us.

UD

LOL. Thanks Uncle Dale.
Your perspective, as one of the few omniscient members of these boards, is refreshing.
_Mortal Man
_Emeritus

Post by _Mortal Man »

KimberlyAnn wrote:You're not banned from MAD, Mortal Man. You've just been given a week long time-out.

You'll be posting again in seven days with renewed vigor. (And possibly a sore bottom. That time-out stool doesn't look very comfortable.)

KA

How did you get my picture? I thought personal information was confidential. What kind of mods do we have around here anyway?
_solomarineris
_Emeritus

Post by _solomarineris »

Uncle Dale wrote:
Mortal Man wrote:...
home to MADB outcasts, I figured what the heck?

Like visiting a singles' ward after a recent divorce -- things may seem
a bit different here...

UD

UD, you are not banned there, have you?
by the way, if it is not repetitive or too personal for me to ask, can you give is a short version of your background.
I'd be very interested to read.
Thanks
Solo
"As I say, it never ceases to amaze me how gullible some of our Church members are"
Harold B. Lee, "Admonitions for the Priesthood of God", Ensign, Jan 1973
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

I hope, that after your time out at the hand of the Wench is over, you won't forget your port in the storm, as it were.
(Nevo, Jan 23) And the Melchizedek Priesthood may not have been restored until the summer of 1830, several months after the organization of the Church.
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

solomarineris wrote:
UD, you are not banned there, have you?

At this MB?
Nope -- Jason and I go way back -- way back to the days
of grabbing a quick lunch at the Y's Wilkinson Center,
while discussing setting up an internet message board.

"There?"
From MAD? --- never banned -- given a "time-out" once, for having
posted too many images in a single MB message (if that counts).

I've seen Mormons brag about being so "open-minded" that
"even Dale Broadhurst is allowed to post messages here!"
(I take that as a saintly compliment.)

by the way, if it is not repetitive or too personal for me to ask, can you give is a short version of your background.
I'd be very interested to read.
Thanks
Solo

http://sidneyrigdon.com/DRB/host03.htm
http://sidneyrigdon.com/DRB/RESTOR/restore2.htm

UD
-- the discovery never seems to stop --