Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by jpatterson »

Look, man, if you want John to continue relying on the same instincts that got him into this mess in order to get him out of the mess, be my guest.

I'm merely suggesting he try a different route: telling the truth.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Again I ask WHAT allegations has John said are baseless?

The allegation he had a sexual relationship with Rosebud?

The allegation he is a pedophile?

The allegation he sexually harassed Rosebud?

If it is this last, we have a split in this board right now as to whether what he did constitutes sexual harassment.

So how would it be a lie for John Dehlin to call it baseless?

This is why you must be specific.

This is why you must show your work.

You make a serious accusation that John Dehlin is lying.

The burden is on you to clarify what you mean and show that it happened.

Or at least make the attempt.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:56 pm
Fact: John posted the policy publicly and declared that he had never violated it.
These facts are not disputable.
Felt the need to take down the link? Where's the transparency?
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:23 pm
Well it would help if John would stop deleting the word "baseless" from his posts where he addressed allegations.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:19 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 pm

Not in the least. You are bringing the church into a private matter between John and Rosebud. Why is that?

Because John brought it up.
That's not an answer. Why is it your business to step in between John and the church?
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:26 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:23 pm
Well it would help if John would stop deleting the word "baseless" from his posts where he addressed allegations.
JP -- just do yourself and all of us a favor. Post right here in this thread, specifically, word-for-word, the language you and Rosebud want to hear come out of John's mouth on MS podcast. This will go a long way to clearing up any confusion about what is being demanded for the sake of closure.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:28 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:26 pm

JP -- just do yourself and all of us a favor. Post right here in this thread, specifically, word-for-word, the language you and Rosebud want to hear come out of John's mouth on MS podcast. This will go a long way to clearing up any confusion about what is being demanded for the sake of closure.
JP won't reveal until we get to 200 pages. :lol:
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Dr Moore wrote:

You strike me as the kind of person who, when having done something wrong, offers a "I'm sorry you felt I did something wrong" kind of apology.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Why can't James just tell everyone what A wants John to say? Because then A can't spend the rest of her and John's life dredging this up over and over.

Closure was never the goal. Retribution and payback is.
Last edited by drumdude on Tue May 18, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:49 pm
Dr Moore wrote:

You strike me as the kind of person who, when having done something wrong, offers a "I'm sorry you felt I did something wrong" kind of apology.
It seemed like a pretty straightforward request and your response is a cheap deflection. All of this has been playing out in the court of public opinion, by design it seems. If you and Rosebud have an outcome in mind, it might make sense to articulate what that is. That is, if you are acting in good faith and simply wish for the truth to prevail. If the REAL goal is simply to destroy an old enemy, to extract the pound (or more) of flesh, then by all means keep playing games with the responses.