Is God the victim of Identity Theft?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Is God the victim of Identity Theft?

Post by _asbestosman »

Also, shouldn't He consider changing His password every few months? "john316" is a bit too easy to guess.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_just me
_Emeritus

Re: Is God the victim of Identity Theft?

Post by _just me »

:lol:
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

I'm saying it in a silly way, but I actually have a point. I'm using this as an analogy to people claiming to have spoken with God. The Book of Mormon calls it priestcraft when you set yourself up to be God. However, what of those who still preach in God's name, but were never authorized?

I'm also using this as an analogy for apostates who have been through the temple and still know the "password". A better analogy might be to people who leave a company. In the real world, we do two things: 1) we don't share accounts and passwords between users 2) We disable accounts when people leave.

Why do we even have names and passwords? To establish your identity. Once that has been established one can look at the authorization policy. Presumably, establishing identity would not be a problem for God. It should be impossible to impersonate someone else and have Him not know.

Ascertaining identity isn't a problem for God, but we still need to know. So, how can we authenticate others--establish that they are authorized of God. Where is the Certificate Revocation List? Any expiration dates on the passwords? What is the incident response plan in case of passwords leaking, etc?
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Very interesting.

Who owns God? Many claim to, although they probably wouldn't use that description. But they do.

Who owns Christ? Who owns Mormonism? Who owns Islam? Why? How?

Who owns any particular set of words or concepts, symbols, activities that persuade, move, motivate people?
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov