Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dwight
Teacher

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Dwight »

Looking back ME made the request roughly an hour before you posted it that you not do it. Then the above timeline. I don’t know what I have mischaracterized. JP keep digging that hole you’re in.
Dwight
Teacher

Post by Dwight »

jpatterson wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:54 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:38 pm
Did you miss the part where he said he was flying blind and asked for charity? Why didn't you meet that request?
If someone is flying blind, they should avoid taking such big swipes at people. Get informed, then take swipes.

You don't get to have it both ways.
But then I would need to see the doc and I would be party to doxxing or finding out information that ME, Equality and possibly others did not want to be publicly disclosed. I try to stick to my standards and character.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Dwight wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:12 pm
I try to stick to my standards and character.
You do that.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

pistolero wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:46 pm

Back on topic, yesterday, John Dehlin released his state of the union MS podcast. It almost feels like he's talking to this thread directly with a lot of his comments and there were definitely some direct quotes from things said here.
Here's more:
"I will say that this was a tough year in terms of haters and people trying to smear me and the open source foundation apologists trying to take us down haters. I think the Mormon Church is working overtime to destroy Mormon stories, podcasts in the open stories Foundation, me and my reputation. I'm super happy that we've weathered all that. And we're going strong, but we didn't you know, we did take a hit.

We have lost some donors from the lies and the smears that the Mormon church and our haters, but that's just that comes to the territory, you will not find someone who speaks out against a high demand religion, whether it's Scientology Jehovah's Witnesses, ex Orthodox Jews, ex evangelicals, ex Catholics, they all get attacked and smeared both by the high demand institutions and by haters in the space. It just comes to the territory. So I don't let it get me down. My family's doing great the board.

We're just moving on. But but it does take a hit. So we, you know, we do need your ongoing support. And we do need new supporters to help supplement and overcome the loss of revenue that comes when when when people try and smear us and try and take us down."

I'm encouraged to hear that enough donors have been dissuaded from opening their pocketbooks that it was worth mentioning on the podcast.

Lies and smears, orchestrated by the Church. That's the line he's sticking with.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kwaku started this round of anti-dehlin hysteria, and Kwaku has been paid directly by the church's apologetic organizations.

But keep framing it as just Rosebud and her little fight against mean ol' john.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

jpatterson wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:17 pm
pistolero wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:46 pm

Back on topic, yesterday, John Dehlin released his state of the union MS podcast. It almost feels like he's talking to this thread directly with a lot of his comments and there were definitely some direct quotes from things said here.
Here's more:
"I will say that this was a tough year in terms of haters and people trying to smear me and the open source foundation apologists trying to take us down haters. I think the Mormon Church is working overtime to destroy Mormon stories, podcasts in the open stories Foundation, me and my reputation. I'm super happy that we've weathered all that. And we're going strong, but we didn't you know, we did take a hit.

We have lost some donors from the lies and the smears that the Mormon church and our haters, but that's just that comes to the territory, you will not find someone who speaks out against a high demand religion, whether it's Scientology Jehovah's Witnesses, ex Orthodox Jews, ex evangelicals, ex Catholics, they all get attacked and smeared both by the high demand institutions and by haters in the space. It just comes to the territory. So I don't let it get me down. My family's doing great the board.

We're just moving on. But but it does take a hit. So we, you know, we do need your ongoing support. And we do need new supporters to help supplement and overcome the loss of revenue that comes when when when people try and smear us and try and take us down."

I'm encouraged to hear that enough donors have been dissuaded from opening their pocketbooks that it was worth mentioning on the podcast.

Lies and smears, orchestrated by the Church. That's the line he's sticking with.
“If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society ... “

Cults gonna cult.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:37 pm
Kwaku started this round of anti-dehlin hysteria, and Kwaku has been paid directly by the church's apologetic organizations.

But keep framing it as just Rosebud and her little fight against mean ol' john.
Ex-Mormonism really went mainstream in the late 90s and early 2000s thanks to the rise of the internet and the access to information. Information which shed light on the church's troubled history and when those flood gates opened, they couldn't be shut again.

The internet was a tipping point, just as Kwaku and Kate Kelly were a few months ago. But don't act like the allegations haven't dogged him for years.

The main reason Kwaku got any traction is because HE TOLD THE TRUTH about John, something John's never been willing to do about himself.

The main reason people have left the church in droves the last 15-20 years is because they finally have the truth about it.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:53 pm
“If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society ... “

Cults gonna cult.

- Doc
"Lies and smears, orchestrated by the Church" is John's version of "anti-Mormon literature."
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

jpatterson wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:05 pm
The main reason Kwaku got any traction is because HE TOLD THE TRUTH about John, something John's never been willing to do about himself.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kwaku literally just posted screenshots from this very forum, without knowing any of the context because he was like 12 years old when the discussion was happening.

We were all here, patterson. We've been here, with rosebud, for almost a decade now.

Is it a coincidence that Rosebud decides to post what she has after a decade of nothing, right after a paid church apologist restarts the hysteria for the n-th time?