More Good Foundation and Kwaku

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

More Good Foundation and Kwaku

Post by _Kishkumen »

I was reading an article in the Salt Lake Tribune about how young Mopologist Kwaku El has almost singlehandedly set back Utah’s fight against COVID-19 by weeks through his irresponsible dance parties when I came across this interesting nugget of information:
El also developed an online following making videos bearing his belief in Latter-day Saint teachings. Some of those videos have appeared on a YouTube program called “Saints Unscripted.” The show has been sponsored by the More Good Foundation, a nonprofit supporting Latter-day Saint messaging online.
I had lost track of More Good Foundation and wondered whether it might be defunct. Now we see that MGF has been sponsoring Kwaku’s apologetic videos. Will they continue this support now that Kwaku has demonstrated such recklessness?

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/20 ... z_LVt_QSVg
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: More Good Foundation and Kwaku

Post by _Shulem »

I wonder how many people will die because of Quacko? How many elderly temple workers caught Corona and succumbed to their illness because of Quacko's need to party and dance? Temple work brought to its knees due to Quacko and his dancing ducks.

Party everyone!

Party at Quacko house!

The brethren won't know and what they don't know won't hurt em.

Go, go, Quacko! QUACKO DUCK, for Church President!

:lol:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

440 souls in Utah have died due to Corona, thus far.

Honestly, if you jumbled the numbers and look ahead it may just be that Quacko could be responsible for Corona reaching one of the apostles and possibly infecting an entire apostolic family leading to the apostle's untimely death. Do you suppose he could be excommunicated for that? What if two apostles die due to Quacko? Or three! Four?

I wouldn't want to have that on my conscience. But Quacko probably wouldn't care because he's singing and dancing it up at the party house.

Way to go, QUACKO duck!
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

He can infect as many people as he carelessly and negligently can with impunity. What he can’t do is marry a dude or agitate for women’s priesthood.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

The "anti-mask" movement is growing. A friend from the past connected up with me the other day and he's still TBM, but he ain't happy about the whole religious right "covid is a liberal conspiracy" thing. He mentioned some folks I knew from back in the day, and even one of the most level-headed persons from my previous life is now a big anti-masker. And then another friend has been testing me anti-mask memes. Very weird. I'd never considered myself "pro-mask" anymore than I'm "pro-seatbelt" or "pro-driver-side-airbag".
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:27 am
The "anti-mask" movement is growing. A friend from the past connected up with me the other day and he's still TBM, but he ain't happy about the whole religious right "covid is a liberal conspiracy" thing. He mentioned some folks I knew from back in the day, and even one of the most level-headed persons from my previous life is now a big anti-masker. And then another friend has been testing me anti-mask memes. Very weird. I'd never considered myself "pro-mask" anymore than I'm "pro-seatbelt" or "pro-driver-side-airbag".
Nowadays being sensible and cautious is considered by some to be a sign of weakness. People establish or affirm their conservative/Trumpy cred by not doing those things that the weak "libs" do.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Anything liberals believe are by default very wrong. Makes it easy to not have to think about anything and you just have to ask liberals questions to know what you believe.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Themis wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:23 pm
Anything liberals believe are by default very wrong. Makes it easy to not have to think about anything and you just have to ask liberals questions to know what you believe.
Yes, like agreement between subject and verb.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:56 am
Themis wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:23 pm
Yes, like agreement between subject and verb.
You and those elite grammarians!
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Physics Guy
_Emeritus

Post by _Physics Guy »

Early Modern English were good enough for God.