Temple Cafeterias to close permanently

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Temple Cafeterias to close permanently

Post by Chap »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am
Yep. One has to wonder what The restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was focussed on all those years before it decided to shift towards Jesus Christ. Maybe the shift happened after the fund became self sustaining…
Your shallow is showing.

Regards,
MG
Well, it's more that your attempt to make it sound like closing the cafeterias is part of some kind of relatively recent doctrinal advance towards a more Christo-centric CoJCoLDS is so ridiculous that it deserves no more than derision.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:49 am
[...] Think about Mosaic Law vs. the New Covenant ushered in by Jesus Christ. Was Jehovah just dickin’ around?

Line upon line.

Think man!

Regards,
MG
He is comparing closing the cafeterias with the New Covenant that Jesus sealed in his blood?

This kind of stuff is degrading even to read, let alone attempt to take seriously. No more, please.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Chap wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:00 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Your shallow is showing.

Regards,
MG
Well, it's more that your attempt to make it sound like closing the cafeterias is part of some kind of relatively recent doctrinal advance towards a more Christo-centric CoJCoLDS is so ridiculous that it deserves no more than derision.
My post back on page 1:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:27 pm
I have fond memories as a kid, going to the temple for necromancy rituals, and getting a meal after the work was done. This move by the cojcolds seems less about streamlining operations, and more about sucking the last bit of joy out of being a member. I really don’t get why anyone would want to stay in an org that is clearly Orwellian at this point. Maybe Boxer MG can chime in and explain to us how the elimination of Boy Scouts, road shows, Ward dances, and various other activities do, in fact, give members a sense of cohesion and community?

- Doc
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Over the years there has been a gradual move towards centering one’s faith and devotion in Jesus Christ, and not the church, per se. It’s Jesus, not programs or cafeterias.

Programs don’t save. If one’s faith isn’t in Him, one is ultimately doomed to fail in their discipleship. There may be examples of this that you have observed.

Regards,
MG
In my response to Doc I made it rather clear that the movement away from programs and peripheral activities/functions has decreased over the years in tandem with members being encouraged to be more Christ-centric. I don’t think that is accidental. IHAQ’s comment seemed a bit superficial and without any real depth.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Chap wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:03 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
[...] Think about Mosaic Law vs. the New Covenant ushered in by Jesus Christ. Was Jehovah just dickin’ around?

Line upon line.

Think man!

Regards,
MG
He is comparing closing the cafeterias with the New Covenant that Jesus sealed in his blood?

This kind of stuff is degrading even to read, let alone attempt to take seriously. No more, please.
Context:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:16 am

Do you ever, and I mean ever, think about what you’re saying before you post?

What was the church of Jesus Christ doing before ‘the gradual move’? You just implied they were dickin’ around for a hundred and some odd years before ‘the gradual move’ to Christ-centered centering.

- Doc
MG 2.0 wrote:

No, you’re not thinking it through. Think about the difference in meaning between these two words:

Static
Dynamic

Now, apply this to what I’m suggesting. I knew exactly what I was saying. So yes, I think about what I’m saying before I post. Possibly more than what thought you give into making a reply.

Drawing a blank? Think about Mosaic Law vs. the New Covenant ushered in by Jesus Christ. Was Jehovah just dickin’ around?

Line upon line.

Think man!

Regards,
MG
Regards,
MG
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Q15: Lord, we need your guidance. There are so many people suffering right now. Suffering physically, emotionally, and most importantly, spiritually. Please, bless us with your will on how to best serve those whom you have granted us stewardship over. How do we help people to draw closer to thee?

Jesus: Close the cafeterias.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:44 pm
Q15: Lord, we need your guidance. There are so many people suffering right now. Suffering physically, emotionally, and most importantly, spiritually. Please, bless us with your will on how to best serve those whom you have granted us stewardship over. How do we help people to draw closer to thee?

Also Jesus (a few years ago): Let's Go Shopping! - I want you to put billions of dollars into building me a mall
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:

More likely Jesus would encourage His followers to:
1. Immerse themselves in the scriptures.
2. Walk the covenant path.
3. Attend the temple regularly.
4. Attend and serve in callings at church.
5. Pray regularly and seek the Spirit.
6. Worship the Lord with full purpose of heart.
7. Endure to the end in righteousness and faith.

This list would/will help us to draw closer to Him.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor Steuss wrote:

And fire the janitors who cleaned the chapels, and tell those in need of water "we are not a wealthy people."

What revelations.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:31 pm
You can no longer be fed in the temple…how poignant is that!
Hindus are more Christlike than Mormons:

https://www.opindia.com/2020/12/hindu-t ... ince-ages/
There is a verse in Atharvaveda, “शतहस्त समाहर सहस्त्रहस्त सं किर” that means “Earn with 100 hands and donate with 1000 hands.” In Bhavishya Purana, while telling the importance of Annadaan to Yudhishthir, Shri Krishna had said that wealth would not follow you in your journey after death, but the food you have donated in your life will become ensure you do not get hungry during the journey. There are tons of references in Hindu text that emphasize providing food to the hungry. The Hindu temples worldwide are famous for their Prasad Halls where people can have food without being questioned about their caste, religion, race, etc.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:12 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:31 pm
You can no longer be fed in the temple…how poignant is that!
Hindus are more Christlike than Mormons:

https://www.opindia.com/2020/12/hindu-t ... ince-ages/
There is a verse in Atharvaveda, “शतहस्त समाहर सहस्त्रहस्त सं किर” that means “Earn with 100 hands and donate with 1000 hands.” In Bhavishya Purana, while telling the importance of Annadaan to Yudhishthir, Shri Krishna had said that wealth would not follow you in your journey after death, but the food you have donated in your life will become ensure you do not get hungry during the journey. There are tons of references in Hindu text that emphasize providing food to the hungry. The Hindu temples worldwide are famous for their Prasad Halls where people can have food without being questioned about their caste, religion, race, etc.
Hindus have a lot to offer. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’d be a bit careful, however, with ranking something as subjective as ‘Christlike behavior’. For one thing, it comes natural for MANY folks.

For others, not so much.

Regards,
MG