RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: RFM v. Midnight Mormons—Debate

Post by Dr Exiled »

Do people here think that Consig has a duty to provide a landing point for those who leave? Does he need to start an alternative religion or organization?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Canadiandude2
CTR B

Post by Canadiandude2 »

The Stig wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:05 am
Canadiandude2 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:03 am
The debate won’t matter. Rules for thee but not for me.

I’ve recently discovered that in a member forum.

They will ignore or dodge your questions, while expecting you to answer theirs.

They will do no additional reading beyond the minimum of what they feel they need to support their position.

They will give no acknowledgment of harm or misrepresentation when it is done my themselves or members yet respond in outrage when it’s the other Way around.

They will pretend your responses and examples are insufficient or nonexistent without explaining why.

I’m done with such members and bad faith debaters.
Lemme guess - Smac?
Not this time for me, but yeah, the description fits him often enough too.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:15 am
Do people here think that Consig has a duty to provide a landing point for those who leave? Does he need to start an alternative religion or organization?
Nope. The church makes definitive truth claims. Those claims are demonstratively false. RFM is but one voice among many who is pointing this out. The rest is up to us as grown adults to work out.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:39 am
Kwaku's really good. Cardon is an idiot. Brad can't get his voice heard.
Kwaku is a good speaker and good at appeals to emotionalism. He's not knowledgeable.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

The Stig wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:44 am
Bought Yahoo wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:39 am
Kwaku's really good. Cardon is an idiot. Brad can't get his voice heard.
Kwaku is a good speaker and good at appeals to emotionalism. He's not knowledgeable.
Exactly. And he's not very invested in apologetics. He's only interested in it as far as it benefits him personally.

Just look how bored he is when he's not speaking.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Midnight Mormons were, predictably, a bunch of clowns. They spent most of their time appealing to emotions and attacking RFM for things done by "[his] side" that had nothing whatsoever to do with consiglieri himself--or Mormonism. They had a very tough time sticking to the actual facts.

I doubt anyone is surprised.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Tacenda
Sunbeam

Post by Tacenda »

"I don't know which one is aroused but it's not me", after their group hug at the end, my husband and I cracked up so hard!! :lol: RFM, that was hilarious.

Shawn was awesome!

I hope Midnight Mormons, RFM and Bill Reel, won't turn around and bash each other about what was said. I hope the love Shawn tried to instill on them, will hold..but that's probably wishful thinking.

I'll watch both their shows and see for myself, which ones do. I see it happening with Cardon and him being hypocritical. But I guess it wouldn't be hypocritical of RFM because he wasn't the one offering an expensive coffee restaurant date, like Cardon was. Or Kwaku because he wasn't offering any peace pipe throughout most of the show.
Last edited by Tacenda on Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:59 am
Wow. Bullet proof vests.
I think that was on direct orders from the Admiral aboard the BYU Deathstar. Did you know that each flack jacket had a piece of Laban's sword, as well as a lock of Helen Mar Kimball's hair, embedded in each one?

It ended up being a bit too much for reasons Dr. Shades described in his comment above. Had they originally worn their garments on the outside as they planned, things would have gone smoother.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:55 am
Midnight Mormons were, predictably, a bunch of clowns. They spent most of their time appealing to emotions and attacking RFM for things done by "[his] side" that had nothing whatsoever to do with consiglieri himself--or Mormonism. They had a very tough time sticking to the actual facts.

I doubt anyone is surprised.
Yep. Midnight Morons gave their peeps a warm fuzzy feeling to hang their testimonies with . . . I mean on.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kwaku really showed his ignorance of common decency and understanding of basic American law by attacking RFM for defending a certain person.

I didn't think it was possible to respect Kwaku less but he managed to do it.