Church Membership World wide

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Church Membership World wide

Post by dastardly stem »

Decided to create a table per continent, broken down by country for the Church.

Europe:
Europe.JPG
South America:
South America.JPG
Africa:
Africa.JPG
I can do 3 per post, apparently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Re: Church Membership World wide

Post by dastardly stem »

Asia:
Asia.JPG
North America:
North America.JPG
Oceania:
Oceania.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
kairos
CTR B

Post by kairos »

Can you compare these numbers say to 2010 and indicate number of operating temples across the globe?
Also Great Work!
Thanx
k
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Looks like the two busiest places will be Montenegro with an activity rate of 208% and Bosnia and Herzegovina with an activity rate of 205%. Talk about busy church members!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Hey Kairos, I don't have the information. I'll keep looking. I don't know if the Church archives by year per country that like. Maybe that Churchgrowth site has more information. I'll Check.

In the meantime, here are some charts I made as per Church membership:
Charts.JPG
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Couple more:
Charts II.JPG
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:35 am
Looks like the two busiest places will be Montenegro with an activity rate of 208% and Bosnia and Herzegovina with an activity rate of 205%. Talk about busy church members!
lol. Some of the numbers are going to come out messy all because I'm treating all countries the same. It'd be nice to have better information on congregation sizes in different areas, since we know there must be variations. When I get more time I might try and find more information on that.
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

pretty cool graphs stem. the Mormon share of the world is increasing?

It looks like after watching Witnesses, you had to immerse yourself in cold hard facts to prevent madness. totally understand.
simon southerton
Sunbeam

Post by simon southerton »

The true story of church membership growth is revealed in the rate of creation of new units.

In most western countries the church stopped growing or went into decline 20 years ago. If it wasn't for Western Africa, the decline of the church globally would have been far more apparent.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 11.10.45 am.png
simon southerton
Sunbeam

Post by simon southerton »

Growth in the US is now slowing and will probably go into decline in the next 5 years.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 11.11.11 am.png