Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Gee, if they actually just lived the Gospel of Jesus Christ and love all as he has COMMANDED, and not just fake it, they wouldn't have any down votes. I wonder when the clue machine turns on for them to grasp..... :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

bumping this thread, especially for this:
_Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:10 pm
Louis Midgley wrote:The fact is that I have never ever been tempted by bitterness and ran[c]or, and always have done my best to make positive contributions....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

His lack of self awareness makes me wonder if he’s on the spectrum. The way he talks about Gina and her husband would make much more sense coming from an autistic person who doesn’t realize what they’re doing is incredibly socially abnormal.

His latest post on SeN implies that Gina’s husband sided with him against his own wife.
“Midge” wrote:I have just glanced through the comment again. I really like the tone and the contents of the comments on Professor Peterson's blog item. There was nothing from gemli, nor was there any snipping from the West Island. Now it is, of course, likely that those on some board are opining up a storm much like they did when the owner and many others cluttered up the very last issue of Gina Colvin's "Kiwi Mormon" blog. I assume that they still are under the fully false illusion that I did not meet and beginning right then and there begin a solid friendship with Nathan MacCluskey, who was then and still is married to Gina Colvin. Both the Area President and the Christchurch Stake President made sure that, with all the adults packed into that wonderful LDS Chapel at the edge of a wonderful domain in Christchurch, we could meet so that Nathan could explain in some detail that he agreed with what I have published about the history of Maori Latter-day Saints, all of which his wife detests.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:03 pm
His lack of self awareness makes me wonder if he’s on the spectrum. The way he talks about Gina and her husband would make much more sense coming from an autistic person who doesn’t realize what they’re doing is incredibly socially abnormal.

His latest post on SeN implies that Gina’s husband sided with him against his own wife.
“Midge” wrote:I have just glanced through the comment again. I really like the tone and the contents of the comments on Professor Peterson's blog item. There was nothing from gemli, nor was there any snipping from the West Island. Now it is, of course, likely that those on some board are opining up a storm much like they did when the owner and many others cluttered up the very last issue of Gina Colvin's "Kiwi Mormon" blog. I assume that they still are under the fully false illusion that I did not meet and beginning right then and there begin a solid friendship with Nathan MacCluskey, who was then and still is married to Gina Colvin. Both the Area President and the Christchurch Stake President made sure that, with all the adults packed into that wonderful LDS Chapel at the edge of a wonderful domain in Christchurch, we could meet so that Nathan could explain in some detail that he agreed with what I have published about the history of Maori Latter-day Saints, all of which his wife detests.
:roll: i agree. clearly, he has seen Colvin's comments:
_Tom wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:52 pm

She [Colvin] chided her husband a bit, listing three "reasons to go the LDS Church on Sunday (these are not a direct quotation but a close paraphrase, as Dr. Peterson would say):

1. Louis Midgley might be present and my husband might think again about becoming a new friend of Midgley's.
2. I would remind my husband that Midgley is "mean and has publicly said cruel things about me" and rather than nearly inviting him to have dinner at our home, he might have defended me.
3. I could also prevent my husband from disclosing personal information that Midgley "might use in his rudeness."

Her husband responded that he "had no idea." He saw Midgley's name badge, thought the name was "really familiar," and thought Midgley was one of his wife's "mates." "Guess not," he added (with a sheepish smile emoji).

She later noted that her husband "clearly missed the name" when she read "the rude troll things" that Midgley has said.

He subsequently said that he viewed Midgley at the time as a very friendly and interesting person. Midgley apparently asked him for his card to stay in contact. Then, he wrote, he got home and excitedly told his wife about his meeting and found out that "perhaps I shouldn't have."
midgley's only response is to say that what Gina says about her relationship with her husband isn't credible. Right.

midgley has zero credibility.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Well now, just hold on here! If ANYONE know's Gina's husband, it would be Midgley, so it does appear he has the upper hand - at least in his own brain... :lol:
Dr LOD
Nursery

Post by Dr LOD »

drumdude wrote:

I am pretty sure he is on the spectrum. That with a dash of a personality disorder.

Two years ago when I had him all discombobulated saying he used the Māori (which he did). I read most of what he published. I even went to some functions where he was in attendance to observe him and how he interacted with people. I even shook his hand. What I came away with: he is sloppy, smells, and can’t maintain eye contact. And most people even his friends try to avoid him.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dr LOD wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:25 am
I am pretty sure he is on the spectrum. That with a dash of a personality disorder.
DCP has occasionally informed his readers of a certain unhinged email stalker who, uh, emails him once a day on average, making all kinds of vile accusations and calling him nasty names. For a few years now I have suspected that the lunatic hate emailer is none other than Louis C. Midgley.

(The "C" in "Louis C. Midgley" stands for "Colvin," right?)
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
“Midge” wrote:Both the Area President and the Christchurch Stake President made sure that, with all the adults packed into that wonderful LDS Chapel at the edge of a wonderful domain in Christchurch, we could meet so that Nathan could explain in some detail that he agreed with what I have published about the history of Maori Latter-day Saints, all of which his wife detests.
So the Area President and the Christchurch Stake President are basically anti-family, trying to sow discord by introducing the husband to an avowed enemy of his wife.

Dr. Colvin was up against a trifecta of ill-will.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Having been in his situation I would also have said anything just to get midge to leave me alone. He probably hoped it would satisfy midge and get him to leave his wife alone as well. Unfortunately that seems not to be the case.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:31 am
Dr LOD wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:25 am
DCP has occasionally informed his readers of a certain unhinged email stalker who, uh, emails him once a day on average, making all kinds of vile accusations and calling him nasty names. For a few years now I have suspected that the lunatic hate emailer is none other than Louis C. Midgley.

(The "C" in "Louis C. Midgley" stands for "Colvin," right?)
This makes just as much sense as anything. It is the Emperor’s plan and Louis does bear a resemblance. Seriously though, all Dan has to do is ask his IT guy to block emails from anonymous email relay services. Problem solved. He’s known this for years and yet somehow relishes the daily dose of reading and commenting about those stupid emails to this day. Insane.