“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by drumdude »

Yes Res. I think our indignation is that it seems this was some bizarre racist inside joke.

I’m open to alternative explanations.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:03 pm
Yes Res. I think our indignation is that it seems this was some bizarre racist inside joke.

Racism within Mormonism is as hard to eradicate as deceiving is. It may well be nigh impossible to accomplish, but we can try.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:45 pm
Res Ipsa
Philo, I’m still baffled by this claim that Peterson had some obligation to clarify. Here’s a paraphrase of the relevant interaction:
DCP: I know who Peter Pan is and, as I’ve previously guessed, it’s somebody I already knew.
So DCP now knows it's Mike Parker...
Smoot: Boyle said it’s Richard Nygren.
Smoot throwing in confusion to keep eyes off Mike Parker...
DCP: I’ve never heard of Richard Nygren.
DCP playing the game for all its worth, helping keep eyes off Mike Parker.

Res Ipsa
It’s apparent from what Peterson said that PP is not Nygren.

Philo:
True.

Res Ipsa
It’s basic grade school reading comprehension.
Philo:
True again.

Res Ipsa
And I must have missed something. What is the evidence that Smoot knew who PP was when he made the comment about Nygren?
Philo:
It is my hunch. It is quite seriously improbable for only ONE apologist in the Peterson camp to know a secret identity when they all can find a way to mock and have fun fooling all of us here on the message board, most especially Dr. Scratch. So everyone gets in the know, ya know, and they all conspire to throw off Shades Message Board participants by playing antics, and Boylan comes up with the idea that "Hey guys! I can make up some black guy way far away in Alabama and say it's him!"
And, of course, this is too hilarious for DCP, Parker himself, Smoot and all of them to not do, so they all say go for it, and lets have some fun showing how stupid our critics are.

That IS the attitude and mindset of Mopologists. We have the evidence with Metcalfe is Butthead and other total impish gaffes through the years. Anything is legal and righteous to Mopes if they can make their perceived and invented enemies look like absolute bungling idiots. That is DCP's Gospel of truth in Christ, so of course, the gang wants in on the fun, and follow suit. And DCP is only happy to oblige as it elevates him in his cheerleaders minds and the praise is sugar to his soul.

There is no evidence for Smoot knowing who PP was, so far as I know. But as closely knit as Mopes are, there is little doubt in my mind Smoot had that knowledge. It is not something Parker would keep to himself, because all the Mopes can snicker behind the scenes with each other as they continue deceiving everyone else and misleading everyone else who Peter Pan was. It's their bread and butter for fun. They all could ask each other "Hey what else can we do to show our superiority in intellect, and throw those other guys off?" It is how they work together.
EDITED TO ADD:
I am very grateful DCP is under no obligation to confess who PP was. I am glad he went along with the ruse and mocked Dr. Scratch, and the rest of us here, because this gave everyone here a chance to do some sleuthing and demonstrate that the collective intellect here is superior to the intellect of the Mopes. And that has to just drive them nuts!
The problem is that the kind of overt racism that is being discussed is a seriously charge. Basing that kind of a charge on a hunch is the kind of thing that generates lawsuit talk. Best not to state hunches as if they were fact.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:

Indignation rings hollow when based on obvious personal bias and innuendo. And, given the constant stream of indignation aimed at something DCP says or does, it rings a little hollow to me.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:37 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:45 pm
Res Ipsa
Philo, I’m still baffled by this claim that Peterson had some obligation to clarify. Here’s a paraphrase of the relevant interaction:

So DCP now knows it's Mike Parker...

Smoot throwing in confusion to keep eyes off Mike Parker...

DCP playing the game for all its worth, helping keep eyes off Mike Parker.

Res Ipsa
It’s apparent from what Peterson said that PP is not Nygren.

Philo:
True.

Res Ipsa
It’s basic grade school reading comprehension.
Philo:
True again.

Res Ipsa
And I must have missed something. What is the evidence that Smoot knew who PP was when he made the comment about Nygren?
Philo:
It is my hunch. It is quite seriously improbable for only ONE apologist in the Peterson camp to know a secret identity when they all can find a way to mock and have fun fooling all of us here on the message board, most especially Dr. Scratch. So everyone gets in the know, ya know, and they all conspire to throw off Shades Message Board participants by playing antics, and Boylan comes up with the idea that "Hey guys! I can make up some black guy way far away in Alabama and say it's him!"
And, of course, this is too hilarious for DCP, Parker himself, Smoot and all of them to not do, so they all say go for it, and lets have some fun showing how stupid our critics are.

That IS the attitude and mindset of Mopologists. We have the evidence with Metcalfe is Butthead and other total impish gaffes through the years. Anything is legal and righteous to Mopes if they can make their perceived and invented enemies look like absolute bungling idiots. That is DCP's Gospel of truth in Christ, so of course, the gang wants in on the fun, and follow suit. And DCP is only happy to oblige as it elevates him in his cheerleaders minds and the praise is sugar to his soul.

There is no evidence for Smoot knowing who PP was, so far as I know. But as closely knit as Mopes are, there is little doubt in my mind Smoot had that knowledge. It is not something Parker would keep to himself, because all the Mopes can snicker behind the scenes with each other as they continue deceiving everyone else and misleading everyone else who Peter Pan was. It's their bread and butter for fun. They all could ask each other "Hey what else can we do to show our superiority in intellect, and throw those other guys off?" It is how they work together.
EDITED TO ADD:
I am very grateful DCP is under no obligation to confess who PP was. I am glad he went along with the ruse and mocked Dr. Scratch, and the rest of us here, because this gave everyone here a chance to do some sleuthing and demonstrate that the collective intellect here is superior to the intellect of the Mopes. And that has to just drive them nuts!
The problem is that the kind of overt racism that is being discussed is a seriously charge. Basing that kind of a charge on a hunch is the kind of thing that generates lawsuit talk. Best not to state hunches as if they were fact.
Fair enough, it is my hunch as I said... based on my past experience with inside apologists, it is their mindset to go to extremes in order to fight their perceived enemies, and humiliate them as they did with Jonathan Neville and John Dehlin with Smith's "hit piece" that ended up being the end of FARMS, etc. I am accusing no one of racism, I am simply showing the apologists made up stories in order to deceive and it is they who chose the black man Nygren as the thing to take us off the trail to identifying Peter Pan. And they certainly enjoyed mocking this message board for trying to solve the problem, chortling and giggling in their own superiority, that is... until the information was discovered by those they were mocking, and now total silence. Boylan can INSTANTLY solve the problem were he to simply tell how he is involved and why he thought it was a black man named Nygren, yet he doesn't. I'm not calling him racist, I am acknowledging he is the one who made the identity of someone in Alabama.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

It looks like either Parker or Boylan invented the "Nygren" persona as a means of deflecting attention away from Parker. It also looks like a case of one or both of them trying to blame bad Mopologetic behavior on a Black man, hence why people are saying that it's racist.

As for Parker threatening to sue: LOL. Can you imagine him going before a judge and laying out this whole sad spectacle? "Yes, your honor, I was pretending to be 'Peter Pan' so that I could attack my fellow Latter-day Saint and show everyone what an idiot he was! And then my pal Robert Boylan said that I was actually a Black man, and an anti-Mormon said on his Facebook page that that was racist! This defames my good name!"

Parker can't be bothered to cough up enough money to buy a decent pair of shoes. Where is he going to drum up the funds for the sort of shyster lawyer who would take on a ridiculous case like this?

This really is turning out to be one of the all-time classic screw-ups in the history of Mopologetics.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:30 pm
It looks like either Parker or Boylan invented the "Nygren" persona as a means of deflecting attention away from Parker. It also looks like a case of one or both of them trying to blame bad Mopologetic behavior on a Black man, hence why people are saying that it's racist.

As for Parker threatening to sue: LOL. Can you imagine him going before a judge and laying out this whole sad spectacle? "Yes, your honor, I was pretending to be 'Peter Pan' so that I could attack my fellow Latter-day Saint and show everyone what an idiot he was! And then my pal Robert Boylan said that I was actually a Black man, and an anti-Mormon said on his Facebook page that that was racist! This defames my good name!"

Parker can't be bothered to cough up enough money to buy a decent pair of shoes. Where is he going to drum up the funds for the sort of shyster lawyer who would take on a ridiculous case like this?

This really is turning out to be one of the all-time classic screw-ups in the history of Mopologetics.
The only contribution Mopes can make to society anymore is to do something over the top idioitic in order to make the Dr. Scratch's Top Ten Mormon Apologetics list. :D
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:30 pm
It looks like either Parker or Boylan invented the "Nygren" persona as a means of deflecting attention away from Parker.
Yep. Apparently we will never know who is ultimately responsible, but it does not look good for either one of them to the extent that one or both of them was involved to some degree. I have no specific accusations to make, but as you say:
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:42 pm
drumdude wrote:

Indignation rings hollow when based on obvious personal bias and innuendo. And, given the constant stream of indignation aimed at something DCP says or does, it rings a little hollow to me.
Perfectly understandable.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Speaking of ringing hollow:

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... ville.html

Mike Parker, a.k.a. Peter Pan, refuses to meet Neville for lunch due to some dumb notions of fealty to DCP and Co. He comes off as fearful.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.