DCP Has Been Encouraging The Public To Donate To An Evil, Abusive And Fraudulent Charity

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: DCP Has Been Encouraging The Public To Donate To An Evil, Abusive And Fraudulent Charity

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Wow—this is a devastating blow! Not only was Dr. Peterson giving money to this organization, but he was urging his readers to do so also? It makes you wonder if there are any other fraudulent organizations that the Mopologists are connected to….

In any case, it will be very interesting to see if DCP admits that he was duped. In a sense, failing to do so would be grossly irresponsible, since he told his followers to give money. If he doesn’t warn them, then mightn’t they continue to give donations?

This may very well turn out to be one of the most pivotal moments in Mopologetic history.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Moksha
God

Re: DCP Has Been Encouraging The Public To Donate To An Evil, Abusive And Fraudulent Charity

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:31 am

This may very well turn out to be one of the most pivotal moments in Mopologetic history.
Doesn't this praise and advertisement for Cleon Skousen constitute a significant slap at Louis Midgley, an outspoken opponent of Cleon Skousen and his vast conspiracy theories?

Was this move in relation to a potential donation to the Interpreter?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:52 am
Plenty of material out there raising questions about the legitimacy of OUR going back for years:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/0 ... lroad.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ic/620845/

oh I forgot, DCP doesn't entertain opinions of anyone who question his "good friends".
Or who thinks differently than he does. Or who comes to different conclusions than he does. Or who doesn't agree and accept his plagiarism. Or who doesn't come away with their faith strengthened by questionable scholarly means.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wow—this is a devastating blow! Not only was Dr. Peterson giving money to this organization, but he was urging his readers to do so also? It makes you wonder if there are any other fraudulent organizations that the Mopologists are connected to….

In any case, it will be very interesting to see if DCP admits that he was duped. In a sense, failing to do so would be grossly irresponsible, since he told his followers to give money. If he doesn’t warn them, then mightn’t they continue to give donations?

Of COURSE Peterson is not going to tell anyone. Intelligent people don't get duped, especially by Mormon friends who think like the intelligent people like Peterson.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Yes, chalk up another victory for the "Hitchens File"! LOL!! I recall Dr. Peterson once saying to me, full of high dudgeon, that he was "No sucker." LOL! It makes you wonder: might there be any other cases where he has been so utterly and completely duped?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:38 pm
Yes, chalk up another victory for the "Hitchens File"! LOL!! I recall Dr. Peterson once saying to me, full of high dudgeon, that he was "No sucker." LOL! It makes you wonder: might there be any other cases where he has been so utterly and completely duped?
Another one for the “Ut Conservativum dicit, contrarium est” files!
Trump is a fraud and is leading the white working class to disaster. - JD Vance
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I remembered little about this Utah celebrity so asked google to refresh my memory. I see many stories about accusations of sexual improprieties or abuse. Then there is fussy back and forth about how far the church did or didn't disavow him.

However this thread leads with an article leveling far more systemic and disturbing allegations of fraud.At this point I am uncertain how much credence to give those accusations. I am uncertain not because I have reason to support Mr Ballard, I have not. There are political angles involved which might make me to willing to believe the fraud accusations. Just that is a reason to be cautious.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:21 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:

Of COURSE Peterson is not going to tell anyone. Intelligent people don't get duped, especially by Mormon friends who think like the intelligent people like Peterson.
Right. The witnesses and close associates were far too intelligent to be duped by Smith. They would see right through that veneer.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Maybe we can find some witnesses who can testify of the truthfulness of Tim Ballard? That should be sufficient to clear all of this up.