Jesus Is A Co-Defendant With Donald Trump?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Jesus Is A Co-Defendant With Donald Trump?

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Trump recently shared on his Truth Social platform, a drawing of him sitting with a very angry looking Jesus in court.

The image is hilarious and confusing. Is the Savior supposed to be Trump’s co-defendant or maybe his new lawyer? The last time Jesus went in front of a judge, he represented himself and it didn't go so well. Maybe MAGA supporters feel Trump is being crucified just like Jesus? Who knows at this point. America has turned into crazy town.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1hCFEh

I'm sure Jon McNaughton will soon have a new series of paintings for sale on his website with Trump/Jesus in court.

:roll:
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Boomer57
Sunbeam

Re: Jesus Is A Co-Defendant With Donald Trump?

Post by Boomer57 »

Evangelical hand-wringing / pearl clutching.
' :idea: Give me truth and clarity, not fluff and charity'
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lawyer. The righteous indignation on behalf of his client gives it away. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung, are you sure that was not Charles Manson sitting next to Trump?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:27 am
Everybody Wang Chung, are you sure that was not Charles Manson sitting next to Trump?
You might be correct. It could also be the ghost of Patrick Swayze, Porter Rockwell or even the ghost of William Schryver:

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Yep - I really must object to the jumping to conclusions about the first image showing Jesus.

Based on the LDS First Vision story, though, it's easy to see how people make unwarranted assumptions. :D :D
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

I don't really follow American politics but I would assume that it would be to suggest God is on trump's side and looking at the folded arms and stern facial features, Jesus looks pretty pissed and trump's thinking, "what do you think Jesus, what's the crack"?

Kinda find it odd that Jesus is a line drawing and the rest is colour. He's pretty transparent.

Not my idea of how Jesus is perceived to be depicted but the robes suggest it's meant to be jesus.

ETA: or maybe a star wars fan drew it.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

That's not Jesus. It has to be some NY homeless person. I am sure Jesus would take a hard pass on that MAGA crap.