Nelson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
yellowstone123
High Councilman

Nelson

Post by yellowstone123 »

Just listening to Nelson from the last conference about messing up your life by breaking the law chasity. Word up to Nelson - chastity will not destroy life, but dishonesty will. Go through the last fifty years and talk about dishonesty. You have mission presidents in South America today whose first missions confession were delayed, until after their mission. On well, welcome to the church of Jesus Christ.
Last edited by yellowstone123 on Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Abaddon
Nursery

Re: Nelson

Post by Abaddon »

I broke the law of chastity many times growing up in the church. I felt so guilty and ashamed of myself during many impressionable teenage years.

Looking back it now, I just chuckle at how much my life got "messed up."

Tragedy (or events, if you're unattached to permanence) happens to everyone if you live long enough, but I long ago realized it had nothing to do with sin.
yellowstone123
High Councilman

Re: Nelson

Post by yellowstone123 »

Yea, the most perfect family of in our ward delayed confessions until after their mission. Because if you were 19 1/2 in 1980, ward members felt they had an obligation to be intrusive into your life. Laughable. Also, the perfect family’s dad was an excommunicated in his ‘40s but my friend, his son said it happened a very long time ago.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.