BYP Live - Responding to Elder Dallin Oaks Gen Con talk Oct 2023 Kingdoms of Glory

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

BYP Live - Responding to Elder Dallin Oaks Gen Con talk Oct 2023 Kingdoms of Glory

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlRDbq9rimg

Tomorrow night, 6 p.m. Mountain Time in the U.S.A. I responds to Elder Dallin Oaks of the First Presidency, concerning Kingdoms of Glory in the afterlife. I don't believe he fully understands the theology of the Book of Mormon, and explain why in this response.

See you all there! It's going to be epic!
Shulem
God

Re: BYP Live - Responding to Elder Dallin Oaks Gen Con talk Oct 2023 Kingdoms of Glory

Post by Shulem »

Dear BYP,

Please be advised that the Book of Mormon NEVER taught about kingdoms (plural) within the realms of heaven in which God resides. That is NOT taught or mentioned in the Book of Mormon! It is an earthly concept only! Kingdoms (plural) in the Book of Mormon are a worldly concept in which earthly kings rule and how kingdoms are subject to the power and influence of SATAN. Bow before me, I'm the devil! :twisted:

Yes, the devil! Fall down before me! Worship me you mother-fing Mormon! :lol:

The Book of Mormon teaches that (sweet) Satan rules the kingdoms:

Book of Mormon wrote:1 Nephi 13:1 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld many nations and kingdoms.

1 Nephi 13:2 And the angel said unto me: What beholdest thou? And I said: I behold many nations and kingdoms.

1 Nephi 13:3 And he said unto me: These are the nations and kingdoms of the Gentiles.

2 Nephi 20:10 As my hand hath founded the kingdoms of the idols, and whose graven images did excel them of Jerusalem and of Samaria;

2 Nephi 23:4 The noise of the multitude in the mountains like as of a great people, a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together, the Lord of Hosts mustereth the hosts of the battle.

2 Nephi 23:19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees’ excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

2 Nephi 24:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and shall consider thee, and shall say: Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms?

Ether 7:20 And the country was divided; and there were two kingdoms, the kingdom of Shule, and the kingdom of Cohor, the son of Noah.

Ether 8:9 Now the daughter of Jared was exceedingly fair. And it came to pass that she did talk with her father, and said unto him: Whereby hath my father so much sorrow? Hath he not read the record which our fathers brought across the great deep? Behold, is there not an account concerning them of old, that they by their  secret plans did obtain kingdoms and great glory ?

The Book of Mormon teaches there is ONLY one kingdom in heaven:

Book of Mormon wrote:
  • be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb
  • cannot any unclean thing enter into the kingdom of God
  • the final state of the souls of men is to dwell in the kingdom of God, or to be cast out
  • they shall inherit the  kingdom of God
  • ye may be received into the eternal kingdom of God
  • those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God.
  • none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God
  • But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God.
etc. etc.

• I am saved in the kingdom of God. Amen.
  • rest our souls in the kingdom of God
  • saved in the kingdom of God
  • be saved in the kingdom of God
    Thus, the Kingdom of God is ONE Kingdom only and consist of a single kingdom with one King, period! The introduction of "kingdoms" in heaven came later with the Three Degrees of Glory in the mushroom soaked Doctrine & Covenants while hallucinating and getting stoned out of the mind.

:lol:
    Philo Sofee
    God

Re: BYP Live - Responding to Elder Dallin Oaks Gen Con talk Oct 2023 Kingdoms of Glory

Post by Philo Sofee »

Excellent research Shulem! Why, isn't it fascinating that the Book of Mormon teaches only one Kingdom of God after all! That's key. I mean, that is KEY.
    Shulem
    God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
    Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:13 am
    Excellent research Shulem! Why, isn't it fascinating that the Book of Mormon teaches only one Kingdom of God after all! That's key. I mean, that is KEY.
    You got it!

:!:
    Shulem
    God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
    Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:13 am

Book of Mormon prophets spanning a thousands years were clueless of the so-called Three Degrees of Glory! Not even stoopid Mormon JeZuZbub who appeared to the Nephites said boo about kingdoms. It was a simply a matter of heaven vs. hell. THAT is Book of Mormon doctrine, whether 600 BC or 400 AD, period!

See here:

That Same Spirit

Relax, it's only 3 pages long. :D
    Moksha
    God

Post by Moksha »

Shout out to Emmanuel Swedenborg in your Kingdoms of Glory talk tomorrow.

Apologists point out that Smith plagiarizing from Swedenborg indicates that both were inspired, but that Swedenborg was inspired first. However, Smith was greater because he possessed both a seer stone and a sorting hat.
    Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
    Philo Sofee
    God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
    Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:59 am
    Shout out to Emmanuel Swedenborg in your Kingdoms of Glory talk tomorrow.

Apologists point out that Smith plagiarizing from Swedenborg indicates that both were inspired, but that Swedenborg was inspired first. However, Smith was greater because he possessed both a seer stone and a sorting hat.
    Most definitely. See you in an hour!
    Moksha
    God

Post by Moksha »

The Backyard Professor's pictures from his younger long-haired days would be a hit at a Fast and Testimony meeting. If you have yet to see this episode, click the above link.
    Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace