Mormon Stories: Growing up in an LDS Prepper Family

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Mormon Stories: Growing up in an LDS Prepper Family

Post by Kishkumen »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:03 pm
I live near Yellowstone now. I grew up from 1961 to 2001 in Orange County, California.
My mother is from Orange County.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
yellowstone123
High Councilman

Post by yellowstone123 »

The best stake dances every Saturday night somewhere in the county. From 77 to 82 the bands were better than the original band. More than a feeling by Boston sounded exactly like it did on tape.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

I lived in OC as a young adult. I can verify the bands were great. Mormon night at Disney Land was fun too.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:28 am
I lived in OC as a young adult. I can verify the bands were great. Mormon night at Disney Land was fun too.
I imagine Dust in the Wind had the proper prepper significance.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:45 am
The best stake dances every Saturday night somewhere in the county. From 77 to 82 the bands were better than the original band. More than a feeling by Boston sounded exactly like it did on tape.
live band? I am stunned.Where did the money for that come from? Totally outside of my church experience in the 60s.
yellowstone123
High Councilman

Post by yellowstone123 »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:16 pm
yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:45 am
live band? I am stunned.Where did the money for that come from? Totally outside of my church experience in the 60s.
Mormon youth meeting and marrying other Mormons. each of the 5 to 8 stakes need to pony up and schedule their week. Keep the tribe together no matter what the cost.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.