Heber J. Grant Believed American Indian Blankets Were Evidence For The Authenticity Of The Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Heber J. Grant Believed American Indian Blankets Were Evidence For The Authenticity Of The Book of Mormon

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:43 pm
Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:39 am
1. When you accused me of making up Nemo's idea.
95%+ of the statements of fact you portend to type are nothing more than things you made up, presumably for comedic effect (that falls flat an equal percentage of the time). So I can be forgiven for assuming you were making things up yet again, especially considering that you didn’t post a link to any source.
2. When you asked, "What in the living Hell are you going on about??"
95%+ of your posts are a hodgepodge mashup of unrelated themes and/or time periods, presumably for comedic effect (that falls flat an equal percentage of the time), so I can be forgiven for assuming that you were posting nonsensically again.
Wow. It is interesting that after years of you commenting positively on the bird's posting style, you suddenly bring out this brutally savage attack.
Moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:45 am
...No need to harass posters.
Did the above hit too close to home for you?
Moksha
God

Re: Heber J. Grant Believed American Indian Blankets Were Evidence For The Authenticity Of The Book of Mormon

Post by Moksha »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:22 pm
Yes. I have developed a great deal of respect for Shades' free speech ethos and so I was surprised by his interaction.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:47 pm
Marcus wrote:
Yes. I have developed a great deal of respect for Shades' free speech ethos and so I was surprised by his interaction.
Sorry, I can see how that was maybe not clear, but I intended that question to be for Shades. But I appreciate your response, thank you.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Marcus wrote:
Wow. It is interesting that after years of you commenting positively on the bird's posting style, you suddenly bring out this brutally savage attack.
??? Do you have me confused with Philo Sofee? ‘Cause never—not once—have I ever commented positively on the bird’s posting style.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:43 pm
...so I can be forgiven for assuming that you were posting nonsensically again.
Do you ever think to yourself that a little levity might make this place, during times of intense venom spewing, a bit more bearable? It helps me cope with the heaviness of many discussions.

Anyway, take a look at the title of this thread. It seems to lend itself to a lighthearted approach. Let me be nonsensical and I can forgive a ton of Aspergerian ridicule.
Well, I appreciate your humor, Moksha. I hope you don’t change a thing.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:57 am
Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm
Do you ever think to yourself that a little levity might make this place, during times of intense venom spewing, a bit more bearable? It helps me cope with the heaviness of many discussions.

Anyway, take a look at the title of this thread. It seems to lend itself to a lighthearted approach. Let me be nonsensical and I can forgive a ton of Aspergerian ridicule.
Me too.

I read a book once and it turns out there is more than one way to be funny. Not everyone appreciates all types of humor; life goes on, somehow.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:55 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:57 am
Me too.

I read a book once and it turns out there is more than one way to be funny. Not everyone appreciates all types of humor; life goes on, somehow.
Fun, and I’m glad some posters enjoy his humor. And since you enjoy his humor, I take it then you understand his humor. Would you be good enough to explain why this:
Moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:53 am
Do you think Smac might define his courtroom style? Some names sound fun like Tacenda or relaxing like StarGazer. Or well chosen like Juliann's moderator handle Echidna.
is funny?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:40 am
Moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:53 am
Do you think Smac might define his courtroom style? Some names sound fun like Tacenda or relaxing like StarGazer. Or well chosen like Juliann's moderator handle Echidna.
is funny?
This sounds too much like a DA's argument of insidious intent and it is the third time you've posted it. Seems too trivial to obsess over. Are you feeling feisty and desire someone to pick on? Come on over to NOM and you can scrap with Binger posting as Mayan Elephant and he even has a sock puppet. Otherwise, it spoils my enjoyment to have a board assassin. Pahoran used to follow me around on the old FAIR board and it was most unpleasant.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
rspetersen
Nursery

Post by rspetersen »

Moksha has been making me laugh at least 95% of the time for over a decade now.