The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2023

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2023

Post by Philo Sofee »

Tom wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:41 am
Wonderful rundown of a very memorable year, Doctor Scratch.

I’ve long considered A Charlie Brown Christmas to be an achingly, exquisitely beautiful piece of animation, but I’ve not been exposed to the rich readings that you and Dr. Moore have shared above.

One question for you, Doctor Scratch: Do you have inside information on when Six Days in August will be inflicted on the unsuspecting public?
:lol: The way you word that Tom.......
Abaddon
Nursery

Post by Abaddon »

Lying for the Lord indeed. DCP never had much credibility with me anyway, but those events with 'Peter Pan' left me shaking my head; does the man have no shame?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Abaddon wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:32 pm
Lying for the Lord indeed. DCP never had much credibility with me anyway, but those events with 'Peter Pan' left me shaking my head; does the man have no shame?
No. He's full of pride, hence no shame. He genuinely thinks he is right all the time and it doesn't matter how he makes sure everyone else knows he's right, that's all that matters to him. i.e., pride.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Brilliant! Thank you Dr. Scratch!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

What a glorious read, Doctor Scratch! As usual, you have summed up the year with great panache. Thank you.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I enjoyed the recap for 2023. There are so many times regarding LDS or Mormonism that I’ve said to myself, “I can’t believe this is happening.” After 21 years, I’m not so surprised anymore.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Morley
God
Location: Jan van Eyck, Portrait of a Man (Self Portrait), 1433

Post by Morley »

I very much enjoyed this, Dr Scratch. Thank you.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Tom wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:41 am
One question for you, Doctor Scratch: Do you have inside information on when Six Days in August will be inflicted on the unsuspecting public?
Well, I'm really hoping the donors will step up to the plate and give more money so DCP can finish the film. RIght now, the donors appear to be only moderately interested in giving: https://www.Facebook.com/donate/1022507169072678/
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Another amazing Top Ten in Mopologetics! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Doctor Scratch. You had me doubled over in tears from raucous laughter. I nearly fell off my chair when I reached "dyspeptic." Thank you for taking the time to craft such an informative and entertaining year's-end roundup for Mopologetics.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Possibly one more honorable mention for 2023.

The proprietor is attacking BYU yet again. All while sharing a faith promoting story about how he was able to courageously get a former friend and colleague kicked out of BYU.

Folks, you can’t make this stuff up:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... f-BYU.html

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014