The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tator
CTR B

Re: It’s really easy if you stick with telling the truth

Post by Tator »

Rosebud wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:48 am
For all the drum dudes who are uneducated in victim behavior:

It is very common for victims of extreme psychological abuse and who are afraid to refuse investigations in the close aftermath of a traumatic experience, especially when they are afraid of retaliation and further aggression by the offender.

I refused a sexual harassment investigation in September of 2012. I was very tired and wanted to put it all behind me, not deal with questions. I wanted to go on with my life healthily with John’s sexual problems completely out of it. If the Mormon Stories board had known what they were doing, they wouldn’t have allowed the refusal. They would have known not to automatically believe the aggressive claims and cherry-picked documents of the person accused of being an offender just because a victim didn’t want to speak during a time of trauma.

The way I see it now was that he was intentionally messing with my head to get me to write what he needed me to write so he could use it against me. That’s why he needs to release context, not just his cherry-picked documents.

And at least one of the board members did understand typical victim and offender behavior. At least one person was trained and qualified. But that person didn’t do her job right and most of the others didn’t know better. So they allowed it all to happen. They bought John’s story and allowed me not to speak when I was scared.

Then at some point when the board got sick of me asking them to stand up to John’s retaliations so I could move on more freely, the whole board quit. Except Natasha.

Then I tried to get the retaliations to end by sending a facetious email that John claims is blackmail or extortion or whatever. How about just not retaliating? And how about him releasing the email that he sent before I sent that one in return? He’s just building false claims. You should see what he said during his deposition. Omg. Complete lies.

Then after the retaliations didn’t end and John put out his “Faith Reconstruction” podcast, I tried to get an investigation through the NH Human Rights Commission. That turned out to be impossible because the laws are written in favor of small businesses. John would have had to pay his 6th employee another hundred dollars or something for me to have enough rights to get an investigation.

Then when the Open Stories Foundation published their sham of a sexual harassment policy, I tried to get an investigation. They wouldn’t do it. I’d have to look over those report documents to see exactly what they say because I don’t recall exactly at the moment, but if I recall correctly, they sent me this contemporaneous email from Natasha where she claimed all sorts of things had been done that I had just skimmed through in 2012 because the only things that had happened from my perspective in 2012 were that 1) I had to report something traumatic several times in a row to try to protect myself from attorney that had been hired without informing the board, that 2) John was continuing to aggressively retaliate against me and nobody was standing up him, 3) that I had been asked to sign an agreement stating I’d keep my mouth shut and never sue them in exchange for one month of severance. (i didn’t sign it.)

None of that served me. It all served John. Nobody helped me manage the real problem at all.

In other words, from my perspective, whatever is in Natasha’s contemporaneous email is evidence of what she wanted to create evidence of, not evidence of what actually happened.

I was grateful for their help with CTW, though. That was true. But why should they have had to fight so hard for to help me with that? The answer to that question is simple: John was scarily raging and retaliating. He wanted me to completely disappear. They had to fight to get me CTW because he is very very aggressive when he’s angry.

And, of course, his high level of aggression explains my September 2012 refusal to participate in an investigation. I was terrified at the time of what he’d try to do to me if I did tell the whole truth.

Standard victim behavior.

Regardless:

I’ve had to deal with years of defamations and retaliations. Never once has anyone from the Open Stories Foundation board asked me a question about what John did. Never once has anyone asked for a document. Never once. I guess one could argue that isn’t true if you include whatever the board said in early September 2012 about its willingness to do an investigator before I refused because I was scared. But that still isn’t asking me a real question or asking for a document.

So I’ve decided to use this message board instead. And you’ve all been subjected to this. But John is the one guilty of defamation, not me, and I didn’t sign the confidentiality agreement, so there’s little he can do about it.

And now there’s the Rosebud wiki, too. And the whole whole whole story in my forensic interview. I’m obviously not scared anymore.

John’s only got a few cherry-picked documents because there wasn’t much he could use against me to pick from. But he got what he wanted and made up a fake story to go with it.

Wait until you see the deposition. Then you can compare that to the Rosebud wiki and my forensic interview if you want to spend the time.

But do you know what’s especially stupid? That this all happened a decade ago and it’s still not resolved. And worse, that John brought it into a court case I’m not even party to. His rage all these years later completely explains my fear of an investigation in 2012.

And what really matters isn’t this, but that the “hero” of exMormonism is also helping cover up organized child sex abuse.
The mods seemed to have missed the need for some more red letters in this post.

I am so sick of this scorned woman ex-moron Karen called Rosebud.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

You appear to be spiraling yet again. I really hope you finally take the advice that’s been offered over (and over, and over, and over) again, to seek the help of a licensed professional. There’s no need to keep discovering new rock bottoms. This could be the last, if you choose it to be.

I'm saying this as someone who has had at least 5 psychiatrists, 1 clinical psychologist, 4 MFTs, and 2 Social Workers during my life.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I'm in the process of thinking through this issue of censoring accusations of criminal conduct or intent to commit criminal conduct, and would appreciate hearing people's thoughts on a couple of issues. The first one is, why are Rosebud's accusations about covering up child abuse any different than the many accusations here that LDS leaders are covering up child abuse? Is it consistent to censor one and not the other? (And by "censor," I mean deleting text from posts.)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:52 pm
I'm in the process of thinking through this issue of censoring accusations of criminal conduct or intent to commit criminal conduct, and would appreciate hearing people's thoughts on a couple of issues. The first one is, why are Rosebud's accusations about covering up child abuse any different than the many accusations here that LDS leaders are covering up child abuse? Is it consistent to censor one and not the other? (And by "censor," I mean deleting text from posts.)
What’s the risk(s) to the board/Shades of allowing specific, potentially actionable, allegations against a specific individual to be published on it? Could the person litigate against the board/Shades for slander etc?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
The Mormons have a law firm dedicated to paying off victims and allowing perps to go unpunished?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:59 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
What’s the risk(s) to the board/Shades of allowing specific, potentially actionable, allegations against a specific individual to be published on it? Could the person litigate against the board/Shades for slander etc?
Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act protects the board, it owner, the site host, etc. from liability. It does not protect the individual who posts defamatory material. Responding to discovery requests would be a hassle, but that's about it. https://crsreports.congress.gov/product ... 20services.
People here post potentially actionable defamatory statements all the time. I don't lose any sleep over it.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:19 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:59 pm
Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act protects the board, it owner, the site host, etc. from liability. It does not protect the individual who posts defamatory material. Responding to discovery requests would be a hassle, but that's about it. https://crsreports.congress.gov/product ... 20services.
People here post potentially actionable defamatory statements all the time. I don't lose any sleep over it.
Perhaps this is the answer? Let Rosebud do her worst (which won't amount to anything really). I don't think she has any proof of anything and she has a history of spouting off to gain the attention of her long lost lover. What a couple they would have made! And she would have had access to all that comfortable living! Anyway, if the board isn't in danger of anything other than having to comply with some subpoenas/discovery requests, then let her continue with her fake allegations. It's all BS anyway and people here can instantaneously detect it by asking the magic question of "where's the beef?"
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:42 pm
Perhaps this is the answer? Let Rosebud do her worst (which won't amount to anything really). I don't think she has any proof of anything and she has a history of spouting off to gain the attention of her long lost lover. What a couple they would have made! And she would have had access to all that comfortable living! Anyway, if the board isn't in danger of anything other than having to comply with some subpoenas/discovery requests, then let her continue with her fake allegations. It's all BS anyway and people here can instantaneously detect it by asking the magic question of "where's the beef?"
If so, all the more reason to collect her conspiracy theories into a mega thread, which Shades recently agreed to. I'm still not that comfortable with her openly posting such specific accusations on our board, but, as she has yet to provide a single response to all the requests for any evidence supporting her claims, at least a mega thread limits the situation to one location.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:42 pm
If so, all the more reason to collect her conspiracy theories into a mega thread, which Shades recently agreed to. I'm still not that comfortable with her openly posting such specific accusations on our board, but, as she has yet to provide a single response to all the requests for any evidence supporting her claims, at least a mega thread limits the situation to one location.
Why would it make you uncomfortable? Not attacking just curious of your perception of this.

I do think a megathread would make it less overwhelming for others but in a way that would actually only compound the problem rosebud has and that is that her documentation has no structure or order.

Rosebud wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:11 pm
drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:07 pm

What’s creepy is when you don’t address your writing to a specific person. We know you’re talking to John and RFM, can you just say it?
Sure, apologies.

In this case I’m talking to whomever is collecting documents from this board to file in a court case in Utah that I’m not party to in order to try to do something lame like stress their opponent out with what’s immaterial.

This is the exMormon “hero.” I assume it’s John and RFM and whomever John’s paying donor money to help him with his defamations and intimidations. Lots of billable hours get spent if you’re going to try to put this spam in a court case. So lame.
If this is the case then would it not be better to write clearly and factually sharing evidence rather than just ranting about the injustice and the coverups? It feels like you aren't actually sharing evidence at all.

People collecting information are going to have piles and piles of bloat to work through and try to decipher. I mentioned this before. I since deleted the post because you ignored it. Which is fine. I don't have a problem with being ignored. But you really need to get your information in order and pick and choose the relevant evidence and display it in a way that makes sense. You've had a good decade to do that. Just do it. You're reliving this trauma anyway, you might as well relive it in a structured way that might gain you some support and actually be useful to do something with.

Right now it's all just noise with no meaning. Which makes you come across as a woman scorned. I think your time would be spent more valuably if you go through your documents and copy and paste the relevant information into a document. And write your story chronologically with YOUR evidence. Not what he has done to other people. And reference to the shortened documents.

If you can do that (I know to you it might all be relevant, but it isn't), then people will be more inclined to then look at other people's stories with a different perspective.

Am I making sense?

Edit: change of sentence structure (my back to front Scottish structure crept in) so as not to cause confusion to that I am trying to say.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Rosebud’s allegations in my opinion are the proof that she needs serious mental health help. She needs a therapist to work through this. We can dismiss her allegations because they obviously are coming from a mental health crisis, and we can keep recommending that she get the help she needs.