Zoom Me Up, Jesus?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
malkie
God

Zoom Me Up, Jesus?

Post by malkie »

Greenville SC, Community of Christ Congregation wrote:We would like everyone to know ALL are welcome to join the Startrekcofc group. Sponsored by the Greenville SC, Community of Christ Congregation. One doesn't need to be a member of Community of Christ to join. All [are] welcomed and valued, no matter which faith they belong to, or how they identify themselves. All are welcome.

We have a lot of fun, but we not only look at how episodes relate to the Enduring Principles of Community of Christ, Christianity (The Bible), and Spirituality. We examine how all of this is applicable to our daily lives. Star Trek contains a great deal of morals and values that we can easily identify with and apply them to our lives and how God would have us to be. If you want to understand what Zion could look like, explore the possibilities with us each Saturday. The schedule is on our website Star Trek CofC with what we our covering.

This particular Saturday's Episode will be Trials and Tibble-a-tions from Season 5, episode 6 of Deep Space Nine.

Blessings

Here is the Zoom link.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81776651063
Passcode: 094922
(from: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/1738669 ... CO%2CP-y-R
Edited to fix link to Star Trek CofC group website
Last edited by malkie on Sat May 11, 2024 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Fence Sitter
1st Counselor

Re: Zoom Me Up, Jesus?

Post by Fence Sitter »

I wonder if they talk about the Star Trek episodes that deal with having unlimited power and time?

The Mormon God seems a lot like the capricious Q.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:28 pm
I wonder if they talk about the Star Trek episodes that deal with having unlimited power and time?

The Mormon God seems a lot like the capricious Q.
Q does fit very well with the Mormon God character. He’s relatively small time compared to his peers, and enjoys toying with those lesser than him.

Making Joseph Smith and the mess of Mormonism the one true religion is a very Q thing to do.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

What does God need with a star ship, mall, billions of dollars?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Rivendale wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 9:02 pm
What does God need with a star ship, mall, billions of dollars?
Money, of course. God can't run the universe for free for Pete sake. It costs a boat load in electricity to keep all those galaxies turned on and glowing.......
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

That episode entitled The Brighamite Church and Following the Will of Landru sounds very compelling. I am glad that the Community of Christ pursued the path of Captain Piccard rather than James T. Kirk of the Palmyra Kirks.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
TexasTurtleSnap
Nursery

Post by TexasTurtleSnap »

The Expanse, anyone? Colony ship Nauvoo, with big-ass Moroni on it, eventually commandeered to punch out Eros, and commandeered a couple more times for other purposes.