RFM on Kamp in Court

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by drumdude »

Jenn Kamp in YouTube comments wrote:I want to correct you with one thing, I didn’t say he sexually harassed 19 women. I have never said this. I said that the 18 other women said that they were harmed and abused by him. (Which it says in their letter published by the Salt Lake Tribune early 2022) As for my opinion, he did sexually harass me against Open Stories Foundation policy, twice.
It's rare to find Jenn talking about the sexual harassment, I've been following this quite closely and 99.9% of the time she is talking about everything else John did but this.

Does anyone know which two incidents she is claiming? Is one of them where John forced her to watch a music video? I thought her lawyer added that one in by mistake?

This in my mind is the most serious allegation she has, and she simply never talks about it. She claims we haven't investigated, but she hasn't backed up her claims with anything.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jenn needs to put an extra oomph into this to push the damages over the top. Do you think she could get on the Dr. Phil Show? Too bad Jerry Springer has left the air. Could you imagine both Jenn and Rosebud on the show and then getting into a scripted tussle?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

drumdude wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 am
She claims we haven't investigated, but she hasn't backed up her claims with anything.
I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I've just watched her two videos. I suspect I maybe experiencing latent psychological patterns stemming from unresolved traumas, the proclivity for self-punishment has evidently surfaced as I subjected myself to these videos, engaging in what might be described as a form of self-inflicted psychological distress. Clearly, further introspection and analysis are warranted to uncover the underlying mechanisms driving these self-sabotaging behaviours.

Apparently RFM is engaged in a smear campaign "that is the most evil and egregious mean thing I have ever seen". And he's given a new title. "Journalist of Lies". It has a Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves ring to it. RFM: Journalist of Lies.

She seems to dislike RFM more than John Dehlin. Apparently RFM has been defaming her.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

pistolero wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:40 am
And he's given a new title. "Journalist of Lies".
To whom has he given it?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:29 am
pistolero wrote:
And he's given a new title. "Journalist of Lies".
To whom has he given it?
I read this as RFM being given this title by Jenn Kamp.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

pistolero wrote:
drumdude wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 am
She claims we haven't investigated, but she hasn't backed up her claims with anything.
I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I've just watched her two videos. I suspect I maybe experiencing latent psychological patterns stemming from unresolved traumas, the proclivity for self-punishment has evidently surfaced as I subjected myself to these videos, engaging in what might be described as a form of self-inflicted psychological distress. Clearly, further introspection and analysis are warranted to uncover the underlying mechanisms driving these self-sabotaging behaviours.

Apparently RFM is engaged in a smear campaign "that is the most evil and egregious mean thing I have ever seen". And he's given a new title. "Journalist of Lies". It has a Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves ring to it. RFM: Journalist of Lies.

She seems to dislike RFM more than John Dehlin. Apparently RFM has been defaming her.
Like Rosebud, Jenn Kamp probably saw Open Stories Foundation as a conduit to fame and fortune, and when it didn’t work out she lost her marbles. There’s a low-key ‘empowered woman’ culture happening along the Wasatch Front right now, a sort of ‘name-branding yourself and then getting bunch of people to pay you to tell them they’re stronk and dreams cone true’ thing, and I think she wanted to get there, to that level.

Well. When her air time was reduced and she was asked to actually do her actual job, the Weeping Diva forced their hand and now she and her husband are learning a huge life lesson, namely that smart people learn quickly from their mistakes and get their ducks in a row - John Dehlin and Open Stories Foundation learned their lessons from the Rosebud thing and dunked on Kamp fast instead of letting the issue fester.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

Moksha wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:16 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 7:29 am

To whom has he given it?
Indeed. Jenn Kamp calls RFM "Journalist of Lies"... when she's not calling him "Open Stories Foundation's Retained Lawyer".

But apparently he's neither a good lawyer nor a good journalist. Because Jenn Kamp is clearly an expert in both fields... as we have all been able to witness.

What made me laugh is that she seems to take umbrage with RFM saying he will let people make up their own minds and providing evidence, as if these are despicable things.

She uses the word "Defamatory" literally hundreds of times, for everything. It's almost like she uses it as a filler word. The Inigo Montoya/"I do not think that word means what you think it means" gif from The Princess Bride seems relevant here?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

pistolero wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:59 pm
Moksha wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 11:16 am

Indeed. Jenn Kamp calls RFM "Journalist of Lies"... when she's not calling him "Open Stories Foundation's Retained Lawyer".

But apparently he's neither a good lawyer nor a good journalist. Because Jenn Kamp is clearly an expert in both fields... as we have all been able to witness.

What made me laugh is that she seems to take umbrage with RFM saying he will let people make up their own minds and providing evidence, as if these are despicable things.

She uses the word "Defamatory" literally hundreds of times, for everything. It's almost like she uses it as a filler word. The Inigo Montoya/"I do not think that word means what you think it means" gif from The Princess Bride seems relevant here?
Most of RFM’s videos about her are just him reading a filing verbatim. He doesn’t need to add commentary, the facts speak for themselves.

She mentions she’s upset that these filings were made public, she didn’t understand how all of this wouldn’t be a private matter between her and Dehlin.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Open Stories Foundation attorneys petitioned Judge Faust for an injunction requiring Jenn Kamp to stop her continued defamation by taking down the relevant podcasts.

In response, Jenn issued a new podcast today asking why they are trying to silence her from speaking the truth.

https://youtu.be/g2wbAxC19P8?si=hu7qaiuYviPxHOcY
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:55 pm
Open Stories Foundation attorneys petitioned Judge Faust for an injunction requiring Jenn Kamp to stop her continued defamation by taking down the relevant podcasts.

In response, Jenn issued a new podcast today asking why they are trying to silence her from speaking the truth.

https://youtu.be/g2wbAxC19P8?si=hu7qaiuYviPxHOcY
I'm a big fan of Jenn Kamp's latest insights - "IF THE TRUTH IS DEFAMING, THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM". Suck on that John Dehlin, Open Stories Foundation and RFM.

Thanks for posting consig, I'd expect nothing less from the "Journalist of Lies", "Worst attorney ever" and perpetrator of the "most evil and egregious mean thing" that she has ever seen.

Can she just continue spouting her tripe or is there a point where it becomes much more serious and serious measures are imposed on her? I'd have thought that a judge's decision would cause someone to think different?