RFM on Kamp in Court

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:20 am
drumdude wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:40 pm
Per the injunction, she's now risking incarceration. I know it's clear that John Dehlin is in the right here, but the optics of Jenn going to jail aren't the best for John...
Is there a link to the injunction?
https://youtu.be/g2wbAxC19P8

Second half of the video.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Move on Rosebud Jenn, before you get slapped with a mountain of damages that you may not be able to discharge in bankruptcy. Continuing to go after Mr. Dehlin will only make it worse. If I were part of the legal team against Ms. Kamp, I would be meticulously observing her actions/podcasts in order to bring it in front of the judge. At this point, the judge will add the attorney bill to Ms. Kamp's account and possibly increase the damage number. It may not be collectible, but, there are debt collection attorneys that are expert at getting their pound of flesh and will follow Ms. Kamp into BK Court. The more she speaks, the more of a chance that she cannot claim she sincerely believed it to be true when spoken/written/published.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

pistolero wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:21 pm
Would she have access to the internet in jail? Just wondering if the whining would stop?
Defendants now only need a willing friend on the outside to record a phone conversation that can then be uploaded to the internet. Could still be illegal but that doesn't stop people from spouting off. Something about the right to remain silent but the inability to do so.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

Marcus wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:11 am
I still think it's Rosebud egging her on, sadly.
Is there any specific evidence to support this? I mean it does sound par for the course and Jenn Kamp seems like a bit of a useful idiot in this case.

There is evidence of a whatsapp group in the court papers of a female only group of what seem to be John Dehlin haters (with an objectional name if I remember correctly). I imagine Jenn Kamp as being some spearhead for the John Dehlin hating group.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:29 am
Move on Rosebud Jenn, before you get slapped with a mountain of damages that you may not be able to discharge in bankruptcy. Continuing to go after Mr. Dehlin will only make it worse. If I were part of the legal team against Ms. Kamp, I would be meticulously observing her actions/podcasts in order to bring it in front of the judge. At this point, the judge will add the attorney bill to Ms. Kamp's account and possibly increase the damage number. It may not be collectible, but, there are debt collection attorneys that are expert at getting their pound of flesh and will follow Ms. Kamp into BK Court. The more she speaks, the more of a chance that she cannot claim she sincerely believed it to be true when spoken/written/published.
I’m kind of rooting for Jenn now after reading the filings. Not because John sexually harassed her, but because John is really not the nice guy he wants everyone to think he is. He’s manipulative, a cheater, a liar, and uses others' work without fair compensation. None of that is illegal. But it’s something the donors should know, since John is a fan of “informed consent.”

She has nothing left to lose, but John’s reputation could still take some hits. If I were John I’d take my win and wrap this thing up as quietly as possible.

I think Jenn and Rosebud both attacked this from the wrong angle with the sexual abuse stuff. They should have just spoken out about the workplace and culture John created at Open Stories Foundation.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

drumdude wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:12 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
I’m kind of rooting for Jenn now after reading the filings. Not because John sexually harassed her, but because John is really not the nice guy he wants everyone to think he is. He’s manipulative, a cheater, a liar, and uses others' work without fair compensation. None of that is illegal. But it’s something the donors should know, since John is a fan of “informed consent.”

She has nothing left to lose, but John’s reputation could still take some hits. If I were John I’d take my win and wrap this thing up as quietly as possible.

I think Jenn and Rosebud both attacked this from the wrong angle with the sexual abuse stuff. They should have just spoken out about the workplace and culture John created at Open Stories Foundation.
I get it. However, if one is dealing with someone that refuses to quit the defamation campaign and if it is effective to a given level, an example needs to be made and reputations need to be defended. I don't know how effective her nonsense is and Rosebud's claims are a result of Dehlin not leaving his wife for her and not because of any hostile environment.

At this point Dehlin needs the judgment to use if necessary if Kamp keeps attacking like Rosebud does. Lies need to be rebutted at times.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:23 am
drumdude wrote:

I get it. However, if one is dealing with someone that refuses to quit the defamation campaign and if it is effective to a given level, an example needs to be made and reputations need to be defended. I don't know how effective her nonsense is and Rosebud's claims are a result of Dehlin not leaving his wife for her and not because of any hostile environment.

At this point Dehlin needs the judgment to use if necessary if Kamp keeps attacking like Rosebud does. Lies need to be rebutted at times.
If they were a bit smarter, they would get evidence of John doing something, rather than he-said she-said after the fact.

I think there’s a fair chance Dehlin did something borderline, possibly even over the line. But there’s not evidence enough to make a case.
bill4long
Bishop

Post by bill4long »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:55 pm
Open Stories Foundation attorneys petitioned Judge Faust for an injunction requiring Jenn Kamp to stop her continued defamation by taking down the relevant podcasts.

In response, Jenn issued a new podcast today asking why they are trying to silence her from speaking the truth.

https://youtu.be/g2wbAxC19P8?si=hu7qaiuYviPxHOcY
Oh, Jenn, stop hurting yourself. Or not.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTEntAfBvrI

Kamp at 40:45:

"My brain doesn't work correctly."
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Dr Exiled wrote:
Yes, it's pretty ugly. But you're right, he has his lawyer arguing for him that he's done nothing 'illegal.' Just immoral, unkind, and shady as fu*k. Some lawyers support that, human beings with consciences don't.
Last edited by Marcus on Thu May 23, 2024 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.