Robert Boylan will do anything to make a buck - Now selling John Tvedtnes' drafts

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Robert Boylan will do anything to make a buck - Now selling John Tvedtnes' drafts

Post by drumdude »

Bobby B wrote:Until his death in June 2018, John A. Tvedtnes was working on a number of books. I have managed to get drafts of two of them:

Joseph Smith and the Ancient World (~750 pp.) and
As Far as it is Translated Correctly (~100 pp.)

If people would like to get a PDF of either/both of these texts, you can do so. The costs are:

Joseph Smith and the Ancient World = $35
As Far as it is Translate Correctly = $15

One can pay for them via (be sure to include your email address):

Paypal: https://paypal.me/robbertbhr

Venmo: https://account.venmo.com/u/Robert-Boylan-16
Moksha
God

Re: Robert Boylan will do anything to make a buck - Now selling John Tvedtnes' drafts

Post by Moksha »

Apologetics is brimming with the entrepreneurial spirit. This stems from the idea of why not make a buck off of those you are deceiving.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Re: Robert Boylan will do anything to make a buck - Now selling John Tvedtnes' drafts

Post by Kishkumen »

I wonder what the Tvedtnes estate has to say about this, or his family.
"Hillary wants to essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I dunno.” ~Donald J. Trump not promoting political violence in happier, lighter times.
yellowstone123
Area Authority

Post by yellowstone123 »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:14 am
Apologetics is brimming with the entrepreneurial spirit. This stems from the idea of why not make a buck off of those you are deceiving.
A quick Google search on Book of Mormon Land tours supports your thoughts.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:39 pm
I wonder what the President of the Interpreter Foundation thinks of this. There has been a long-standing *terror* about even the faintest whiff of priestcraft, and Interpreter and SeN have been staunch supporters of Boylan over the years….
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:59 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:39 pm
I wonder what the President of the Interpreter Foundation thinks of this. There has been a long-standing *terror* about even the faintest whiff of priestcraft, and Interpreter and SeN have been staunch supporters of Boylan over the years….
Ah, but our dear Dr. Scratch, it is only priestcraft if others do it. Mormons never have to worry about it because in their minds it’s spreading the Gospel, not priestcraft.
Tom
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Tom »

Did Brother Boylan sell all his copies? I don’t see the offer on his blog. (I also don’t see a recent post of his on Richard Dutcher.)
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Went down the old Mopologist memory hole:

drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Bobby B also has a lot of YouTube content behind a paywall. Those who wanted to join his AMA on YouTube were required to be a paying member. Fortunately for those of us who don’t see any value in paying for this, Bobby has posted the “Ask Me Anything” video for free here:

https://www.youtube.com/live/_niHQhfYq-A

It features such thrilling content as “well you guys are pretty quiet so maybe I should just end it here” around 22 minutes in. :lol:

I don’t know how a senior researcher for the B H Roberts foundation isn’t more wildly popular.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Did anyone hear anything about how he acquired the rights to these documents, assuming he has them?