The Lost 116 Pages

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Don Bradley
Star B

Re: The Lost 116 Pages

Post by Don Bradley »

Brack,

Just noticed your post. Glad you learned from and enjoyed the book!

To keep the book to the publisher's preferred length I had to leave some things on the cutting floor. One of these would particularly interest you: I identify the original lost-116-pages narrative ill context of Lehi's marriage commandments presented in Jacob 2, showing how that context illuminates those commandments and indicates that Jacob 2 does not offer a proviso for polygamy.

Fortunately even though I had to cut this from the book, I plan to publish it in another form later, as part of a larger exegesis of Jacob 2.

Don
"People can find meaninglessness in just about anything if they convince themselves that there is no meaning in that thing." - The Rev. Dr. Lumen Kishkumen
Don Bradley
Star B

Post by Don Bradley »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:30 pm
I'd be interested in reading the book but my eyes start to glaze over when reading books about the Book of Mormon.

Obviously, something happened with Joseph Smith and history. He must have lost them. He couldn't retranslate because his retranslation would conflict with the original. I don't necessarily accept the explanation that designing men would have altered the transcript. He would have just said: "Hey, you altered the transcript and my translation stands."

I'm not sure buying the book on Kindle is worth it.
Bought Yahoo,

I think if you ask others who've read it I think you'll find that this book reads differently than all those books that help put you to sleep at night. I read comments just today where people said that 1) it made the Book of Mormon much more interesting and that 2) while books on related subjects are usually too dry and academic mine was well written and engaging. And one reviewer on Amazon said it was like reading a mystery.

Ask around and check the Amazon reviews. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Don
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Don Bradley wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:31 am
Brack,

To keep the book to the publisher's preferred length I had to leave some things on the cutting floor. One of these would particularly interest you: I identify the original lost-116-pages narrative ill context of Lehi's marriage commandments presented in Jacob 2, showing how that context illuminates those commandments and indicates that Jacob 2 does not offer a proviso for polygamy.

Fortunately even though I had to cut this from the book, I plan to publish it in another form later, as part of a larger exegesis of Jacob 2.

Don
I don't think Jacob 2 does offer a proviso for polygamy. It seems to have been a severe misreading by those who wish to find justification for Mormon polygamy if you ask me. Unless, of course, those same readers are willing to grant that God is really giving a proviso for whoredoms. That's the sum of what seems the people were possibly involved in. But sounds interesting. I'll look forward to it.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Don Bradley wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:31 am
Brack,

Don

Hi Don,

I did notice on page 157 of your book that you mentioned that Jacob 2 is a revelation to Lehi.