If scrolls, then Ra and Rudy then nah.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: If scrolls, then Ra.

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:43 pm
dantana wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:12 am
Anyway, why should the Book of Mormon's deity theme carry any more weight than that of other ancient peoples writings of their gods? Some of these actual extant relics.
My friend, listen up -- Shulem knows. We have physical evidence to the gods of genuine ancient religions and a great deal of weight to that effect! Artifacts galore!

But Mormonism with gold plates and a stone box? We have nothing. No evidence, nothing tangible to examine, just the weightless version of a story which Smith uttered out of hat while his scribes wrote it down on paper. That's it! There is nothing more to show.
Shulem, if I didn't know better, it's almost like you are trying to say that Mormonism is a mile wide and an inch deep.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Re: If scrolls, then Ra and plates of iron-y

Post by dantana »

Q. What does the Book of Mormon have to do with Gods one true newly restored gospel?

A. Absolutely nothing. If the Book of Mormon truly is an actual record of people of the ancient Americas then it belongs to everyone, not just the Morms.

Q. Why did God need to publish the Book of Mormon at the same time as the re-establishment of his one true religion?

A. There is no reason whatsoever. Except for as a gimmick for the shill. - Come see the poor uneducated farm boy and his magic golden Bible.-

The irony - God, knowing he can't just have J. Smith wake up one day and pronounce - I talked to god and here's what he says - has to provide some actual evidence. So, voila, the Book of Mormon is evidence for the one true church. And the evidence for the Book of Mormon is the magic golden plates. And the evidence for the golden plates is - oops, we can't just have magic golden plates left laying around - that would be too much evidence.

The whole point for the Book of Mormon to exist was to be evidence. Evidence that couldn't be allowed into court.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

dantana wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:30 pm
Q. What does the Book of Mormon have to do with Gods one true newly restored gospel?

A. Absolutely nothing. If the Book of Mormon truly is an actual record of people of the ancient Americas then it belongs to everyone, not just the Morms.

Q. Why did God need to publish the Book of Mormon at the same time as the re-establishment of his one true religion?

A. There is no reason whatsoever. Except for as a gimmick for the shill. - Come see the poor uneducated farm boy and his magic golden Bible.-

The irony - God, knowing he can't just have J. Smith wake up one day and pronounce - I talked to god and here's what he says - has to provide some actual evidence. So, voila, the Book of Mormon is evidence for the one true church. And the evidence for the Book of Mormon is the magic golden plates. And the evidence for the golden plates is - oops, we can't just have magic golden plates left laying around - that would be too much evidence.

The whole point for the Book of Mormon to exist was to be evidence. Evidence that couldn't be allowed into court.
Heh... interesting... yeah, this is why I consider the Book of Abraham papyri as the smoking gun. It is not evidence which God took back, and it is explicit evidence against God helping Joseph Smith. At least the apologists sure better hope so, or their God is in deep trouble for credibility.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:54 am
Heh... interesting... yeah, this is why I consider the Book of Abraham papyri as the smoking gun. It is not evidence which God took back, and it is explicit evidence against God helping Joseph Smith. At least the apologists sure better hope so, or their God is in deep trouble for credibility.
Yeah Philo. And I'll bet there are a lot of folks who wish it had been taken back. I'll also take a guess and say that the reason it was lost for a time and thought gone forever was not due to mere happenstance.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:52 pm
Shulem, if I didn't know better, it's almost like you are trying to say that Mormonism is a mile wide and an inch deep.
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:54 am
I consider the Book of Abraham papyri as the smoking gun.

Translated, carved, and mutilated by the gift and power of God:
Facsimile No. 3, Fig. 6. wrote:Image

Philo has got this. Philo is fully armed, loaded, and his battle station is operational! The apologists will be wiped out forever!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

dantana wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:30 pm
And the evidence for the Book of Mormon is the magic golden plates.

And the evidence for the stone box is a large flat stone that rested upon it for well over a millennia, undisturbed and mounted perfectly in place. But Smith said he used a lever to lift it and remove the stone to the side whereby he was able to stoop down and gaze upon the treasure.

Where is that f-ing stone? Did it roll down the hill and get carried off along with the stone box? The whole thing is a coverup. There was no large flat stone and neither was there gold plates.

There is ZERO evidence. No proof. Only lies.

Isn't that right, Philo?
Shulem
God

If scrolls, then Anubis.

Post by Shulem »

The definition and example of a Mormon LIE:
Facsimile No. 3, Fig. 6. wrote:Image
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:

But Mormonism with gold plates and a stone box? We have nothing. No evidence, nothing tangible to examine, just the weightless version of a story which Smith uttered out of hat while his scribes wrote it down on paper. That's it! There is nothing more to show.
You’re right.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:41 pm
Shulem wrote:

You’re right.

Regards,
MG

Well, I like being right and I like being agreed with.

So thanks!

:)
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:42 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:41 pm

You’re right.

Regards,
MG

Well, I like being right and I like being agreed with.

So thanks!

:)
So if the Book of Mormon is all we have to go with we need to focus on its contents and how Joseph Smith either did or didn’t write it on his own.

Regards,
MG