Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Re: Epic Mormonism Live on Rosebud Accusations

Post by Kukulkan »

pistolero wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:06 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:33 pm
Absolutely a ton of respect for chiming in here, John.
Seconded.

The epicness of this topic is about to reach new levels of epicness. I suspect you will now be getting a deluge of cross examinations.
What would bring even more epicness would be if Rosebud showed up. Or our bud JP.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

I have a question for you John. If you don't want to answer it I can understand why.

Why do you think that jpatterson is so intent on dredging up this with Rosebud? He clearly seems to have a vendetta against you.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

mormonstories wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 pm
2) Rosebud made multiple personal promises to me from the very start and throughout to “go away” if our relationship ever got to the point where it was hurting me or the Open Stories Foundation.
If I were a meme type of person I"d put some cartoon of someone rubbing eyes then peering closely again at the words here, wondering if I was possibly seeing what I was seeing.

Not to rub salt in old wounds, but surely we can all see this is as much the problem as any? A relationship with such built in contingencies has to be categorized on the less than unhealthy scale. I've grown tired of the categorization of "sexual harassment" or "not sexual harassment". Whatever it was, it was all unfortunate. And yes, as you say, no wonder Rosebud was hurt and upset.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

mormonstories wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:19 pm
What would a fair resolution have been, stopping short of terminating Mormon Stories Podcast, that also would keep Rosebud and I from working together any more, as that would have been unworkable for our respective families?

I’d love to hear.
Okay, what about just leaving to let Open Stories Foundation sink into obscurity under Rosebud's ambitious leadership and you continue with the successful Mormon Stories on your own. You would have only needed a couple of friends for a 501C tax status.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Moksha wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:22 pm
mormonstories wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:19 pm
What would a fair resolution have been, stopping short of terminating Mormon Stories Podcast, that also would keep Rosebud and I from working together any more, as that would have been unworkable for our respective families?

I’d love to hear.
Okay, what about just leaving to let Open Stories Foundation sink into obscurity under Rosebud's ambitious leadership and you continue with the successful Mormon Stories on your own. You would have only needed a couple of friends for a 501C tax status.
This.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Physics Guy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:53 pm
As a technical question, is it really harassment, strictly speaking, for a superior to have an intimate relationship with a subordinate which is eagerly welcomed?
100% absolutely.

edit: There used to be a sort of unwritten rule that if you were within a couple of ranks and the subordinate wasn't in your direct influence that it's allowed (I think the idea was to allow for pre-existing relationships like married couples). I don't know if that's changed. Whatever the case may be when it did happen it caused all sorts of disarray with regard to perceived inequitable treatment for both the affected subordinate and collateral personnel.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Thu May 13, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

Kukulkan wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:10 pm
pistolero wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:06 pm

Seconded.

The epicness of this topic is about to reach new levels of epicness. I suspect you will now be getting a deluge of cross examinations.
What would bring even more epicness would be if Rosebud showed up. Or our bud JP.
I feel fairly confident that she is already lurking here. I almost wonder if she's one of the people with Pro-John Dehlin rhetoric, you know, just to play devil's advocate and stir more defence of herself online.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

John:

I'm of the opinion that regardless of what happened, it seemed to get to a point where one or both had to go. You were basically the main person and so I can see why it turned out the way it did. Also, you could have just opened up new and improved mormonstories across the street had the board taken a different direction.
Although that might have come at a cost. Relationships can be messy and this is why some companies have a no tolerance policy.

Having said that, you say that Rosebud promised to "go away" if it got too difficult for you or mormonstories. Do you have any documentary evidence to back up this claim?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

pistolero wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 pm
Kukulkan wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:10 pm

I feel fairly confident that she is already lurking here. I almost wonder if she's one of the people with Pro-John Dehlin rhetoric, you know, just to play devil's advocate and stir more defence of herself online.
I am fairly new to the whole John Dehlin and Rosebud drama (only became aware of it in the past couple months). Is that something she would seriously do?
mormonstories
Nursery

Post by mormonstories »

dastardly stem wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:15 pm
Not to rub salt in old wounds, but surely we can all see this is as much the problem as any? A relationship with such built in contingencies has to be categorized on the less than unhealthy scale. I've grown tired of the categorization of "sexual harassment" or "not sexual harassment". Whatever it was, it was all unfortunate. And yes, as you say, no wonder Rosebud was hurt and upset.
Absolutely. Worst mistake of my life. Full stop. Super dumb. I’m guessing Rosebud would agree.