Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Point B is industrious

Post by Shulem »

Jarom 1:5-8 wrote:And now, behold, two hundred years had passed away, and the people of Nephi had waxed strong in the land. They observed to keep the law of Moses and the sabbath day holy unto the Lord. And they profaned not; neither did they blaspheme. And the laws of the land were exceedingly strict.

And they were scattered upon much of the face of the land, and the Lamanites also. And they were exceedingly more numerous than were they of the Nephites; and they loved murder and would drink the blood of beasts.

And it came to pass that they came many times against us, the Nephites, to battle. But our kings and our leaders were mighty men in the faith of the Lord; and they taught the people the ways of the Lord; wherefore, we withstood the Lamanites and swept them away out of our lands, and began to fortify our cities, or whatsoever place of our inheritance.

And we multiplied exceedingly, and spread upon the face of the land, and became exceedingly rich in gold, and in silver, and in precious things, and in fine workmanship of wood, in buildings, and in machinery, and also in iron and copper, and brass and steel, making all manner of tools of every kind to till the ground, and weapons of war—yea, the sharp pointed arrow, and the quiver, and the dart, and the javelin, and all preparations for war.

• Nephites wax strong and are scattered upon much of the land as are the Lamanites
• Lamanites are more numerous than Nephites
• Wars continue
• Nephites fortify their cities and sweep the Lamanites away
• Nephites become rich and industrious constructing wooden buildings and machinery
• Nephites grow rich in gold & silver and forge tools and weapons made of: Iron, copper, brass, and steel

Bear in mind that all this was taking place in the land of Nephi, the tail of Delmarva. And don't forget, they were nearly surrounded by water and the land round about had much coastline. Don't lose that perspective of the map!

Shulem
God

Point C leads to Zarahemla

Post by Shulem »

Thus, Zarahemla was north of the land of Nephi or down into the peninsula from that perspective because Lehi's landing was the cradle and there was nothing south from that point other than the ocean itself. Therefore, going down from the land of Nephi along the narrow strip which was separated by Sidon and Sea East was the only way to gain access by foot into Zarahemla and the adjoining lands.

Omni 1:12-22 wrote:Behold, I am Amaleki, the son of Abinadom. Behold, I will speak unto you somewhat concerning Mosiah, who was made king over the land of Zarahemla; for behold, he being warned of the Lord that he should flee out of the land of Nephi, and as many as would hearken unto the voice of the Lord should also depart out of the land with him, into the wilderness

And it came to pass that he did according as the Lord had commanded him. And they departed out of the land into the wilderness, as many as would hearken unto the voice of the Lord; and they were led by many preachings and prophesyings. And they were admonished continually by the word of God; and they were led by the power of his arm, through the wilderness until they came down into the land which is called the land of Zarahemla.

And they discovered a people, who were called the people of Zarahemla. Now, there was great rejoicing among the people of Zarahemla; and also Zarahemla did rejoice exceedingly, because the Lord had sent the people of Mosiah with the plates of brass which contained the record of the Jews.

Behold, it came to pass that Mosiah discovered that the people of Zarahemla came out from Jerusalem at the time that Zedekiah, king of Judah, was carried away captive into Babylon.

And they journeyed in the wilderness, and were brought by the hand of the Lord across the great waters, into the land where Mosiah discovered them; and they had dwelt there from that time forth.

And at the time that Mosiah discovered them, they had become exceedingly numerous. Nevertheless, they had had many wars and serious contentions, and had fallen by the sword from time to time; and their language had become corrupted; and they had brought no records with them; and they denied the being of their Creator; and Mosiah, nor the people of Mosiah, could understand them.

But it came to pass that Mosiah caused that they should be taught in his language. And it came to pass that after they were taught in the language of Mosiah, Zarahemla gave a genealogy of his fathers, according to his memory; and they are written, but not in these plates.

And it came to pass that the people of Zarahemla, and of Mosiah, did unite together; and Mosiah was appointed to be their king.

And it came to pass in the days of Mosiah, there was a large stone brought unto him with engravings on it; and he did interpret the engravings by the gift and power of God.

And they gave an account of one Coriantumr, and the slain of his people. And Coriantumr was discovered by the people of Zarahemla; and he dwelt with them for the space of nine moons.

It also spake a few words concerning his fathers. And his first parents came out from the tower, at the time the Lord confounded the language of the people; and the severity of the Lord fell upon them according to his judgments, which are just; and their bones lay scattered in the land northward.

• Mosiah flees the land of Nephi and goes into the wilderness
• Mosiah came down into a land and discovered the people of Zarahemla
• The people of Zarahemla had crossed the ocean from the land of Jerusalem
• People of Zarahemla made a permanent settlement and became numerous
• People of Zarahemla had wars, changed their language, and are atheists (like poor Philo)
• Mosiah taught the people of Zarahemla their language
• Mosiah and people of Zarahemla unite
• Coriantumr (last of the Jaredites) was previously discovered by the people of Zarahemla
• Jaredite bones are scattered in the northern land
• Large Jaredite stone with engravings is brought to Mosiah to be interpreted

Northward of Zarahemla was the land Bountiful and north of that is the narrow neck of land that leads into Desolation. Cumorah is about 250 miles north of the narrow neck as the crow flies.
Shulem
God

Points A,B,C

Post by Shulem »

Omni 1:27-30 wrote:And now I (Amaleki, the son of Abinadom) would speak somewhat concerning a certain number who went up into the wilderness to return to the land of Nephi; for there was a large number who were desirous to possess the land of their inheritance.

Wherefore, they went up into the wilderness. And their leader being a strong and mighty man, and a stiffnecked man, wherefore he caused a contention among them; and they were all slain, save fifty, in the wilderness, and they returned again to the land of Zarahemla.

And it came to pass that they also took others to a considerable number, and took their journey again into the wilderness.

And I, Amaleki, had a brother, who also went with them; and I have not since known concerning them. And I am about to lie down in my grave; and these plates are full. And I make an end of my speaking.

• Zarahemla explorers (Zeniff) set out for a journey to the land of Nephi (Mosiah 9)
• Traveled up into the wilderness
• Explorers have a contention and returned to Zarahemla
• Another considerable number of explorers (Zeniff) set out in search for the land of Nephi

The Words of Mormon 1:13 wrote:And it came to pass also that the armies of the Lamanites came down out of the land of Nephi, to battle against his people. But behold, king Benjamin gathered together his armies, and he did stand against them; and he did fight with the strength of his own arm, with the sword of Laban.

• Lamanites come down out of the land of Nephi to battle against king Benjamin in the land of Zarahemla

Mosiah 1:10,18; 2:1 wrote:10 Therefore, he (king Benjamin) had Mosiah brought before him; and these are the words which he spake unto him, saying: My son, I would that ye should make a proclamation throughout all this land among all this people, or the people of Zarahemla, and the people of Mosiah who dwell in the land, that thereby they may be gathered together; for on the morrow I shall proclaim unto this my people out of mine own mouth that thou art a king and a ruler over this people, whom the Lord our God hath given us.

18 And now, it came to pass that Mosiah went and did as his father had commanded him, and proclaimed unto all the people who were in the land of Zarahemla that thereby they might gather themselves together, to go up to the temple to hear the words which his father should speak unto them.

1 AND it came to pass that after Mosiah had done as his father had commanded him, and had made a proclamation throughout all the land, that the people gathered themselves together throughout all the land, that they might go up to the temple to hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them.

• King Benjamin orders his son to make a proclamation throughout the land of Zarahemla
• The proclamation is to gather all the people together for tomorrow’s coronation speech
• The people gather themselves and go up to the temple to hear King Benjamin speak

Mosiah 7:1-9 wrote:AND now, it came to pass that after king Mosiah had had continual peace for the space of three years, he was desirous to know concerning the people who went up to dwell in the land of Lehi-Nephi, or in the city of Lehi-Nephi; for his people had heard nothing from them from the time they left the land of Zarahemla; therefore, they wearied him with their teasings.

And it came to pass that king Mosiah granted that sixteen of their strong men might go up to the land of Lehi-Nephi, to inquire concerning their brethren.

And it came to pass that on the morrow they started to go up, having with them one Ammon, he being a strong and mighty man, and a descendant of Zarahemla; and he was also their leader.

And now, they knew not the course they should travel in the wilderness to go up to the land of Lehi-Nephi; therefore they wandered many days in the wilderness, even forty days did they wander.

And when they had wandered forty days they came to a hill, which is north of the land of Shilom, and there they pitched their tents.

And Ammon took three of his brethren, and their names were Amaleki, Helem, and Hem, and they went down into the land of Nephi.

And behold, they met the king of the people who were in the land of Nephi, and in the land of Shilom; and they were surrounded by the king’s guard, and were taken, and were bound, and were committed to prison.

And it came to pass when they had been in prison two days they were again brought before the king, and their bands were loosed; and they stood before the king, and were permitted, or rather commanded, that they should answer the questions which he should ask them.

And he said unto them: Behold, I am Limhi, the son of Noah, who was the son of Zeniff, who came up out of the land of Zarahemla to inherit this land, which was the land of their fathers, who was made a king by the voice of the people.

• Years prior, explorers (Zeniff) had left Zarahemla and went up into the wilderness to dwell in the land of Lehi-Nephi
• Mosiah sent 16 explorers (Ammon) from Zarahemla to go up to the land of Lehi-Nephi to find their brethren
• Ammon wandered for 40 days in the wilderness
• Pitched camp at a hill north of the land of Shilom
• Then they went down into the land of Nephi
• Ammon met king Limhi of the land of Nephi and Shilom
• Limhi told how he came up out of the land of Zarahemla to inherit the land of their fathers

Mosiah 7:13-22 wrote:For I am assured that if ye had known me ye would not have suffered that I should have worn these bands. For I am Ammon, and am a descendant of Zarahemla, and have come up out of the land of Zarahemla to inquire concerning our brethren, whom Zeniff brought up out of that land.

And now, it came to pass that after Limhi had heard the words of Ammon, he was exceedingly glad, and said: Now, I know of a surety that my brethren who were in the land of Zarahemla are yet alive. And now, I will rejoice; and on the morrow I will cause that my people shall rejoice also

For behold, we are in bondage to the Lamanites, and are taxed with a tax which is grievous to be borne. And now, behold, our brethren will deliver us out of our bondage, or out of the hands of the Lamanites, and we will be their slaves; for it is better that we be slaves to the Nephites than to pay tribute to the king of the Lamanites.

And now, king Limhi commanded his guards that they should no more bind Ammon nor his brethren, but caused that they should go to the hill which was north of Shilom, and bring their brethren into the city, that thereby they might eat, and drink, and rest themselves from the labors of their journey; for they had suffered many things; they had suffered hunger, thirst, and fatigue.

And now, it came to pass on the morrow that king Limhi sent a proclamation among all his people, that thereby they might gather themselves together to the temple, to hear the words which he should speak unto them.

And it came to pass that when they had gathered themselves together that he spake unto them in this wise, saying: O ye, my people, lift up your heads and be comforted; for behold, the time is at hand, or is not far distant, when we shall no longer be in subjection to our enemies, notwithstanding our many strugglings, which have been in vain; yet I trust there remaineth an effectual struggle to be made.

Therefore, lift up your heads, and rejoice, and put your trust in God, in that God who was the God of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob; and also, that God who brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, and caused that they should walk through the Red Sea on dry ground, and fed them with manna that they might not perish in the wilderness; and many more things did he do for them. :roll:

And again, that same God has brought our fathers out of the land of Jerusalem, and has kept and preserved his people even until now; and behold, it is because of our iniquities and abominations that he has brought us into bondage.

And ye all are witnesses this day, that Zeniff, who was made king over this people, he being over-zealous to inherit the land of his fathers, therefore being deceived by the cunning and craftiness of king Laman, who having entered into a treaty with king Zeniff, and having yielded up into his hands the possessions of a part of the land, or even the city of Lehi-Nephi, and the city of Shilom; and the land round about—

22 And all this he did, for the sole purpose of bringing this people into subjection or into bondage. And behold, we at this time do pay tribute to the king of the Lamanites, to the amount of one half of our corn, and our barley, and even all our grain of every kind, and one half of the increase of our flocks and our herds; and even one half of all we have or possess the king of the Lamanites doth exact of us, or our lives.

• Ammon explains to king Limhi that he came up out of the land of Zarahemla in search of their brethren who migrated
• Ammon and king Limhi rejoice together
• Limhi’s guards are sent to the hill north of Shilom to fetch Ammon’s brethren and bring them into the city.
• Ammon’s brethren had suffered hunger, thirst, and fatigue – but are now refreshed
• The next day king Limhi sends a proclamation among all his people to gather to the temple
• Limhi recalls how Zeniff made a treaty with king Laman
• Limhi recalls how Zeniff was permitted to possess a part of the land including the city of Lehi-Nephi and the city of Shilom
• Limhi recalls how king Laman deceived Zeniff and put them into bondage to pay tribute of half of all they had, including: Corn, barley, all grain, flocks, and herds

Civilization involved exploration and traveling about and could lead to getting lost. However, generally as things evolved the people lived in a fairly fluid-like zone where transportation and communication was readily available. The story reads much like a novel to include people not so vast in number as the narrator (Smith) seems to imply.
Last edited by Shulem on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Shulem »

I interrupt this regular scheduled program to remind and exhort readers to come to an understanding that you will never, ever, ever, ever SOLVE the mystery of Book of Mormon geography by looking for archeological evidence through faith. More especially you will NEVER come to an understanding of the true knowledge of this geography through church scholars and apologists. They will lead you astray through their bad faith.

HOWEVER, you can come to know for yourself that the geographical model that I am presenting here at Discuss Mormonism (thanks to the gracious generosity of Dr. Shades our beloved host) by employing the following:

1) No faith required
2) No prayers to God are required
3) Don't listen to Church scholars
4) Set aside apologetic materials and forget them
5) Study maps in which Smith may have had access
6) Match the text to the map
7) Use your brain
Shulem
God

Food for thought...

Post by Shulem »

Just as assuredly as Joseph Smith KNEW the location of where Lehi set sail from the sea of Arabia by using a map he also knew EXACTLY where Lehi sailed and landed by using a map. Smith was generous to provide details of the route they took from Jerusalem to the Arabian coast but he maintained secrecy about the American landing in order to protect his story from being questioned and verified further.
Last edited by Shulem on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

Dodos got lost looking for Zarahemla and went too far north

Post by Shulem »

King Limhi in the land of Nephi dispatched an expedition to enquire and learn about the happenings of Zarahemla. The explorers went too far north and never made the west turn. They passed through the many rivers of Bountiful and then went through the narrow neck into the land of Desolation. There they discovered the ruins of the Jaredites and managed to head south back home with the spoils:

Mosiah 8:7-11 wrote:7 And the king said unto him: Being grieved for the afflictions of my people, I caused that forty and three of my people should take a journey into the wilderness, that thereby they might find the land of Zarahemla, that we might appeal unto our brethren to deliver us out of bondage.

And they were lost in the wilderness for the space of many days, yet they were diligent, and found not the land of Zarahemla but returned to this land, having traveled in a land among many waters, having discovered a land which was covered with bones of men, and of beasts, and was also covered with ruins of buildings of every kind, having discovered a land which had been peopled with a people who were as numerous as the hosts of Israel.

And for a testimony that the things that they had said are true they have brought twenty-four plates which are filled with engravings, and they are of pure gold.

And behold, also, they have brought breastplates, which are large, and they are of brass and of copper, and are perfectly sound.

And again, they have brought swords, the hilts thereof have perished, and the blades thereof were cankered with rust; and there is no one in the land that is able to interpret the language or the engravings that are on the plates. Therefore I said unto thee: Canst thou translate?

• King Limhi recounts how he sent explorers to find the land of Zarahemla
• Explorers were lost in the wilderness for many days
• Explorers traveled in a land among many waters and was covered with bones and ruins
• This land was once inhabited by a numerous people
• Explorers returned to the land of Nephi with 24 gold plates filled with engravings
• Explorers also brought back large breastplates made of brass and copper in perfect condition
• Explorers brought back swords with rusty blades and hilts that perished

AND:

Mosiah 21:25-27 wrote:25 Now king Limhi had sent, previous to the coming of Ammon, a small number of men to search for the land of Zarahemla; but they could not find it, and they were lost in the wilderness.

26 Nevertheless, they did find a land which had been peopled; yea, a land which was covered with dry bones; yea, a land which had been peopled and which had been destroyed; and they, having supposed it to be the land of Zarahemla, returned to the land of Nephi, having arrived in the borders of the land not many days before the coming of Ammon.

27 And they brought a record with them, even a record of the people whose bones they had found; and it was engraven on plates of ore.

• King Limhi had sent an expedition to search for the land of Zarahemla but was lost in the wilderness
• Expedition discovers the Jaredite land covered with dry bones and in ruins
• Discovered a record made of plates of ore

Notice that they "traveled in a land among many waters" which were located in Desolation just north of the narrow neck. That would be Wilmington, Delaware! Just look at all those rivers west of Jersey!

Delaware River!

Christina River!

Brandywine River!

Shulem
God

Small population

Post by Shulem »

Let's now look at the demographics in order to better gauge how society intermingled in the land of Nephi.

MOSIAH CHAPTER 9 wrote:Zeniff leads a group from Zarahemla to possess the land of Lehi-Nephi—The Lamanite king permits them to inherit the land—There is war between the Lamanites and Zeniff’s people. About 200–187 B.C.

POINTS OF INTEREST:

I, Zeniff, having been taught in all the language of the Nephites, and having had a knowledge of the land of Nephi, or of the land of our fathers’ first inheritance, and having been sent as a spy among the Lamanites that I might spy out their forces...

And I went in unto the king, and he covenanted with me that I might possess the land of Lehi-Nephi, and the land of Shilom.

And we began to build buildings, and to repair the walls of the city, yea, even the walls of the city of Lehi-Nephi, and the city of Shilom.

Therefore it came to pass, that after we had dwelt in the land for the space of twelve years that king Laman began to grow uneasy...

Yea, in the strength of the Lord did we go forth to battle against the Lamanites...

IN A NUTSHELL:

• Zeniff enters into a treaty with king Laman
• Zeniff possesses the land of Lehi-Nephi and the land of Shilom; Lamanites depart those lands
• Zeniff builds buildings and repairs the walls of the cities of Lehi- Nephi and Shilom
• Farming includes: Corn, wheat, barley, neas, sheum, and fruit
• Zeniff’s people wax strong for 12 years
• Lamanites invade Nephite farmland south of Shilom and attack the people while they are watering and feeding their flocks
• Nephites suffer agricultural losses and the survivors flee into the city of Nephi
• Nephites go to battle using bows, arrows, swords, cimeters, clubs, slings and other weapons they could invent
• Nephites pray and go against the Lamanites in the strength of the Lord
• 3,043 Lamanites slain in one day – the rest driven out of the land
• 279 Nephites are killed

As you see, this is NOT a huge loss of life that we see later in the Book of Mormon wars and saga. This is relatively a small amount of the population but it brings reprieve or much relief for the Nephites who were suffering hardship. It goes to show that the population was relatively small in that neck of the woods.

Mosiah 10 wrote:King Laman dies—His people are wild and ferocious and believe in false traditions—Zeniff and his people prevail against them. About 187–160 B.C.

POINTS OF INTEREST:

And I (Zeniff) set guards round about the land, that the Lamanites might not come upon us again unawares and destroy us...

And it came to pass that we did inherit the land of our fathers for many years, yea, for the space of twenty and two years.

But I had sent my spies out round about the land of Shemlon, that I might discover their (Lamanite) preparations...

And it came to pass that they (Lamanites) came up upon the north of the land of Shilom, with their numerous hosts...

I also caused that all my old men that could bear arms, and also all my young men that were able to bear arms, should gather themselves together to go to battle against the Lamanites...

And it came to pass that we did drive them again out of our land; and we slew them with a great slaughter, even so many that we did not number them.

And it came to pass that we returned again to our own land, and my people again began to tend their flocks, and to till their ground.

IN A NUTSHELL:

The Lamanite army came upon the north of Shilom while the Nephite women and children hid in the wilderness during the battle and somehow the Nephites armed with old men and young men conquer their overlords and retain their lands. Zeniff claims to have slaughtered a great number of Lamanites but gives no accounting to his own casualties. The story shows two things:

1) We are dealing with a relatively small population on the tail of Delmarva
2) The whole thing is a fantasy, it's simply unbelievable and unthinkable that we don't get a Nephite casualty count

QUESTION: How hard, really, would it have been for the Lamanites to burn the Nephite villages to the ground?
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem
QUESTION: How hard, really, would it have been for the Lamanites to burn the Nephite villages to the ground?
Very hard. The apologists have shown that they built in cement... :roll:
Shulem
God

Two cities and close quarters

Post by Shulem »

Zeniff's son, king Noah, soon took over and reigned over Shilom and Noah also made major repairs to the temple of Nephi. The Lamanites maintained the city Shemlon and the lands round about. Noah built a tower near the temple and was able to view all the lands round about including Shilom and Shemlon. This is proof that the region was tight and long distances were not part of the equation.

Mosiah 11:12 wrote:And it came to pass that he built a tower near the temple; yea, a very high tower, even so high that he could stand upon the top thereof and overlook the land of Shilom, and also the land of Shemlon, which was possessed by the Lamanites; and he could even look over all the land round about.

Remember, Joseph Smith is writing about cities located in the tail of Delmarva, the land of Nephi. The long and narrow strip of wilderness leading from Lehi's first inheritance.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:54 am
Shulem
Very hard. The apologists have shown that they built in cement... :roll:

Correct, cement buildings won't burn but a torch thrown into the window of a home or storehouse will most certainly burn and spoil everything! The Nephites had burnable buildings which could have been destroyed with a lit arrow or torch:

1) "And I did teach my people to build buildings, and to work in all manner of wood"

2) "and in fine workmanship of wood, in buildings"

3) "built many elegant and spacious buildings; and he ornamented them with fine work of wood"

Also, the first mention of cement building made by the Nephites comes later in Helaman 3:4-11 when the Nephites migrated to the land northward and build houses of cement because timber was scarce.

:D