Apologists Harassing Critics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Apologists Harassing Critics

Post by _Lemmie »

Kishkumen wrote:OK. Well, thanks to everyone who helped me see matters more clearly. I guess I will just continue to ignore MG as I have in the past. I can't bring myself to spend my time on him, and I don't see any reason to change. I see his posts, and my eyes glaze over. Boring, inane, pointless. Not my bag.

I hope others who feel similarly will do likewise.

Count me in.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Since Shades has made an official ruling on this, I think that we need to support his stance, and go from there. After all, this is Shades' board.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Lemmie »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:Since Shades has made an official ruling on this, I think that we need to support his stance, and go from there. After all, this is Shades' board.
what is your point? So far, every person who has commented on his policy, whether they agree with it or not, has agreed to support it.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Lemmie wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:Since Shades has made an official ruling on this, I think that we need to support his stance, and go from there. After all, this is Shades' board.
what is your point? So far, every person who has commented on his policy, whether they agree with it or not, has agreed to support it.

I apologize, but I didn't see clear support. There seemed to be a lot more complaining and very little support.

My point is...I respect Shades' judgment, and it's his board. He has taken the time to assess the situation, and has made a judgment call. Let's give Shades the benefit of the doubt.

I'm willing to do that.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jesse Pinkman wrote:I apologize, but I didn't see clear support. There seemed to be a lot more complaining and very little support.

That's okay. I only need compliance, not support. :-)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jesse Pinkman wrote:I apologize, but I didn't see clear support. There seemed to be a lot more complaining and very little support.

That's okay. I only need compliance, not support. :-)

Being the loudest non-supporter (in appearance) I have this to add about Shades.

I worked for Ray Noorda during Novell's haydays.

Ray revolutionized software engineering in Utah at the time by a motto he lived by.

Customer first, Employee second, Stock holder third.

In a similar way, to a fault at times Shades has followed suite

Member first, Shades second.

He has always dealt with us as this being our board, not just his board.

I have always idolized Ray Noorda for what he accomplished with Novell. I do have a similar respect for Shades for the same reasons.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Lemmie wrote:

I apologize, but I didn't see clear support. There seemed to be a lot more complaining and very little support.

My point is...I respect Shades' judgment, and it's his board. He has taken the time to assess the situation, and has made a judgment call. Let's give Shades the benefit of the doubt.

I'm willing to do that.

Sorry we don't do blind support around here. Compliance, yes because we all have brains, but blind support? No. Because we aren't sheep. And we have brains. Dr. Shades seems to have no problem with healthy complaining (a.k.a. voicing one's opinion).
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Lemmie wrote:Sorry we don't do blind support around here. Compliance, yes because we all have brains, but blind support? No. Because we aren't sheep. And we have brains. Dr. Shades seems to have no problem with healthy complaining (a.k.a. voicing one's opinion).

I'm well aware that voicing one's opinion is what WE do here. I was voicing MY opinion that I think that Shades has a good point, and that we should give his idea a chance.

Post by _Dr. Shades »

mentalgymnast wrote:I did. And except for the recognition of a bit of condescending language, I will leave what you're saying intact...on the whole...without quibbling with you.

I was afraid my words might come across as condescending, but I couldn't think of a better way to phrase my points while still maintaining the proper impact. My apologies to you.

Lemmie wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Please don't get me wrong. I'm not implying that MODERATORS should treat him differently than we treat everyone else; I'm saying NON-MODERATORS could perhaps exercise more patience with him before allowing themselves to become angry, for all the reasons I listed.

Really? With all due respect, Dr. Shades, it is none of your business what emotion a reader experiences, nor is it even possible for you to KNOW what that emotion is.

People are asking you to deal with a troll, and your suggestion here amounts to nothing more than telling the people being trolled to calm down.

You are, of course, correct on all counts. I struggled to come up with a more "adult" way of phrasing my point, but I simply couldn't come up with a better way to say it. . . even now, I can't. So, I apologize.

Kishkumen wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Remember, "Defecation" = "every post you don't agree with." If we tried to police defecation, then who gets to decide what amounts to defecation and what doesn't? If we start down that road, then we soon become just another Mormon Dialogue & Discussion board.

LOL! Oh, please. Every post I disagree with? Are you serious?

I think I miscommunicated. When I say "you don't agree with," I don't mean "you" = "Kishkumen," I mean "you" = "potentially anyone." Although you, Kishkumen, are able to appreciate the boundaries around what counts as "defecation," experience has shown that not everyone else's boundaries around the concept are so narrow. I'm trying to avoid a slippery slope is all.

I apologize for my lack of clarity.

rockslider wrote:The one's Shades will take under his wing and the ones he seems to toss out always amaze me.

Which ones do you view as having been "toss[ed] out," and why were you amazed?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:I think I miscommunicated. When I say "you don't agree with," I don't mean "you" = "Kishkumen," I mean "you" = "potentially anyone." Although you, Kishkumen, are able to appreciate the boundaries around what counts as "defecation," experience has shown that not everyone else's boundaries around the concept are so narrow. I'm trying to avoid a slippery slope is all.

I apologize for my lack of clarity.

Ah, OK. Sorry. There are times I wished we would use "one" as they do in England.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist