Apologists Harassing Critics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: Apologists Harassing Critics

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:I think I miscommunicated. When I say "you don't agree with," I don't mean "you" = "Kishkumen," I mean "you" = "potentially anyone." Although you, Kishkumen, are able to appreciate the boundaries around what counts as "defecation," experience has shown that not everyone else's boundaries around the concept are so narrow. I'm trying to avoid a slippery slope is all.

I apologize for my lack of clarity.

Ah, OK. Sorry. There are times I wished we would use "one" as they do in England.

One can begin anytime...... :biggrin:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:Ah, OK. Sorry. There are times I wished we would use "one" as they do in England.

One can begin anytime...... :biggrin:

:lol: I'm with Kish on that and I have to admit I do it on occasion, but as I don't have an English accent I'm afraid it just comes across pedantic as hell with no redeeming (i.e. hot British accent :cool: ) features.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Dr. Shades wrote:Which ones do you view as having been "toss[ed] out," and why were you amazed?

Well you note here that 'we' (i.e. you) have those you take under your wing for
Rehabilitation

And you single handedly persecuted our Hungarian friend until after years of your harassment he finally left us.

My amazement is you chased away a valued poster (to many of us besides you), and yet insist on rehabilitating those whom cause nothing but grief on the board.

I'm amazed that you will insist on rehabilitating MG while valued posters are leaving.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Rock,

Man, you ain't kidding. At least our Hungarian friend was trying to introduce nuance, art, and cultural diversity to the board. He gets the boot, or at least gets HEAVILY moderated, while the other poster gets free reign to derail thread after thread.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Lemmie wrote::lol: I'm with Kish on that and I have to admit I do it on occasion, but as I don't have an English accent I'm afraid it just comes across pedantic as hell with no redeeming (i.e. hot British accent :cool: ) features.

I ooze pedantic language and hate myself for it.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

I don't see this as fully resolved until IHAQ and Grindael return.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Rock,

Man, you ain't kidding. At least our Hungarian friend was trying to introduce nuance, art, and cultural diversity to the board. He gets the boot, or at least gets HEAVILY moderated, while the other poster gets free reign to derail thread after thread.

- Doc

It seems odd to me. Normally I am in support of Shades' decisions (not that it matters), but MG (a serial derailer, and troll) is amnestied while IHAQ and Grindael quit? What's going on?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Water Dog
_Emeritus

Post by _Water Dog »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

RockSlider wrote:Well you note here that 'we' (i.e. you) have those you take under your wing for
Rehabilitation

And you single handedly persecuted our Hungarian friend . . .

So, "persecute" = "striving beyond all human endurance to persuade one to follow the same rules that everyone else has to follow?" (Not all the drama involved here played out on the board itself, you know.)

. . . until after years of your harassment he finally left us.

Farbeit from me to, . . . um, . . . but are you sure he left us? I mean, are you really, really sure?

rockslider wrote:I'm amazed that you will insist on rehabilitating MG while valued posters are leaving.

Chap wrote:It seems odd to me. Normally I am in support of Shades' decisions (not that it matters), but MG (a serial derailer, and troll) is amnestied while IHAQ and Grindael quit? What's going on?

I don't want anyone to leave. I wish they wouldn't. But I can't sacrifice one poster on the altar of preventing another poster's departure prior to doing my level best to rehabilitate the offender. Failing to do that becomes proof that some posters are better than others in the moderators' minds and builds cliques of elites vs. non-elites. . . and from there it's a short & rapid slippery slope to Nemesis / Skylla-style moderating.

So, that's one person I've supposedly "chased away" and one I've supposedly "taken under my wing." Not bad odds, all things considered.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Dr. Shades wrote:So, that's one person I've supposedly "chased away" and one I've supposedly "taken under my wing." Not bad odds, all things considered.

You have done a hell of a job. I mean what I said up thead about my respect for the overall accomplishment of this board (comparing you with Ray Noorda).

I just think that at some point the current rule about threatening this board may out weight the total free speech standard.