BYU and major league censorship in art?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

thestyleguy wrote:in fifty years they will see that they were a little immature in their thinking ;)

here's another sign of immaturity or what ever you would like to call it:

http://www.signaturebookslibrary.org/ha ... r3.htm#BYU

In fifty years they will be selling BYU and a large ammount of the temples off in an attempt at a final PR blitz.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Mercury wrote:
thestyleguy wrote:in fifty years they will see that they were a little immature in their thinking ;)

here's another sign of immaturity or what ever you would like to call it:

http://www.signaturebookslibrary.org/ha ... r3.htm#BYU

In fifty years they will be selling BYU and a large ammount of the temples off in an attempt at a final PR blitz.
Only if they manage to get that filthy stink hole of a lake(Utah Lake) cleaned up.

The lake front around Utah Lake could be so beautiful. Thanks to Mormons it sucks. I guess Elohim is not an environmentalist, otherwise he would have chewed some prophetic butt over the raw sewage and God awful Geneva Steel destroying such a gem.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

KimberlyAnn wrote:I explained to them that the naked people were in a framed poster of Matisse's The Dance with Nasturtiums! . . . Behold! The offending artwork:

Uh, didn't anyone tell Matisse that you're supposed to color inside the lines? :-)
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

Dr. Shades wrote:
KimberlyAnn wrote:I explained to them that the naked people were in a framed poster of Matisse's The Dance with Nasturtiums! . . . Behold! The offending artwork:

Uh, didn't anyone tell Matisse that you're supposed to color inside the lines? :-)

I like paintings: I see a blue suit, a pink shirt and gold tie. I see a a white suit, a pink shirt and a gold tie. I see a blue suit with a white shirt and a pink tie and gold t-bar chain in the lapel. But that's me.
_Dakotah
_Emeritus

Post by _Dakotah »

One piece that Holland (think it was him... ) censored and had hid was a monk with an obvious erection under the robe.

What I object to is the agreement to show all the pieces and then going back on it. They would not have had the show at all if they had told the exhibit folk they were going to pick and choose once it got to them. The agreement stated all pieces were to be shown.

This is typical of the Utah Mormon mentality. Sure am glad to be out of that place. Some nice folk but way too many of this stripe. Not to mention Utah is the garbage dump of the nation... and not just the importing of garbage, radiological waste and whatnot. Dump cars behind houses and every appliance ever owned out in the yard. Just drive hwy 89 from Richfield to Panguitch some time and see if it isn't worse than a third world slum.