Mass resignation rally to be held this summer

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_hobo1512
_Emeritus

Re: Mass resignation rally to be held this summer

Post by _hobo1512 »

why me wrote:Who cares. If people want to make an butt of themselves by doing it this way, fine. But who cares?

Wow!! Another profound statement.

How will this group survive after hearing opinions like yours?

Man you sure told them!!

Now, onto your statement.....

Maybe this will make it easier for people to get away from people like you.

Maybe this makes it easier for people to do something they have been putting off for a while.

Standing up for themselves and doing something they feel is right does not mean they are making a "butt of themselves".

Who cares? Simple. They do. They are not asking you to.

ETA: Why not go over to the racism thread, and show your intellectual prowess over there.
_TrashcanMan79
_Emeritus

Post by _TrashcanMan79 »

Buffalo wrote:I wonder how many they'll get?

~120.
_Stormy Waters

Post by _Stormy Waters »

Edit: Beaten by Trash Man.
_son of Ishmael
_Emeritus

Post by _son of Ishmael »

The rally was supposed to have happened today at 10:00 am (MST). Does anyone know how it went?
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk - Tom Waits
_hobo1512
_Emeritus

Post by _hobo1512 »

son of Ishmael wrote:The rally was supposed to have happened today at 10:00 am (MST). Does anyone know how it went?

The Trib had an article on it saying that approx 120 people started the rally, but it didn't say how many resignations they got.

Unless they updated the article since I checked.
_son of Ishmael
_Emeritus

thanks
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. - Galileo

Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk - Tom Waits
_Rufus
_Emeritus

Post by _Rufus »

why me wrote:Who cares. If people want to make an butt of themselves by doing it this way, fine. But who cares?

WOW!! Really?!? You wrote, "if people want to make an butt of themselves..." and you expect anyone to take you seriously again?

To all you holier than thou and obviously heavy laden, (by your piousness), harken unto my words:

I am a spouse of one and father of six. A former bishop, high counselor, elder's quorum president, etc. living in Salt Lake county and I am a former Mormon. As are my spouse and children.

I left because I discovered the truth. As did 120 people this morning on Ensign Peak. Some were gay, most were not. All were sick of doing the mental olympiad of Mormonism.
Adieu, -Rufus-
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Did all 120 resign? 120 very satisfied home teachers. Not bad.
Machina Sublime
Satan's Plan Deconstructed.
Your Best Resource On Joseph Smith's Polygamy.
Conservatism is the Gospel of Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action.
The Degeneracy Of Progressivism.
_Equality
_Emeritus

Post by _Equality »

bcspace wrote:Did all 120 resign? 120 very satisfied home teachers. Not bad.

I guess this shows the true attitude of Mormon priesthood holders towards the "sheep" they are supposedly shepherding. It's all about the 90 and 9, eh, bc? Is that your takeaway from all those priesthood lessons on home teaching?
"The Church is authoritarian, tribal, provincial, and founded on a loosely biblical racist frontier sex cult."--Juggler Vain
"The lds church is the Amway of religions. Even with all the soap they sell, they still manage to come away smelling dirty."--Some Schmo
_son of Ishmael
_Emeritus

Equality wrote:
bcspace wrote:Did all 120 resign? 120 very satisfied home teachers. Not bad.

I guess this shows the true attitude of Mormon priesthood holders towards the "sheep" they are supposedly shepherding. It's all about the 90 and 9, eh, bc? Is that your takeaway from all those priesthood lessons on home teaching?

Mormons don't leave the 99 and go out in search of the 1 missing. They climb a tree with a high powered rifle...