Church Opens More Missions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Church Opens More Missions

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:52 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:49 pm
So, breaking up missions into smaller missions, then bragging about the increase in 'missions.'

Why the LDS or machine doesn't think people will notice this is beyond me.
It's a bit of a shell game and slight of hand.

:lol:
Seriously. And I consider it to be journalistic fraud when DesNews posts "new missions," without noting that the lds statement actually stated that they would be formed from existing missions being broken up. Those aren't "new missions."
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
The fact is, you can’t stop it Shulem…no matter how hard you try. But I’m sure you already know that.
I have stopped it. The Church will not tell us the name of the king in Facsimile No. 3 because I stopped them from doing it.

;)
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:02 pm
Seriously. And I consider it to be journalistic fraud when DesNews posts "new missions," without noting that the LDS statement actually stated that they would be formed from existing missions being broken up. Those aren't "new missions.”
Mormons love to paint a picture to fancy their desires and ideas but have to use deceit in order to do it. It's the Mormon way!

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
honest in heart.
Of such do NOT believe the god Anubis portrayed in Facsimile No. 3 is a slave.

But the dishonest Mormons do!

Shame on you.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”

― Joseph Smith Jr.
  • Missouri Temple, STOPPED!
  • Nauvoo House, STOPPED!
  • King's Name, STOPPED!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

“...visited every clime, swept every country...”

― Joseph Smith Jr.
IRAN?
IRAQ?

Not in your lifetime, MG 2.0.

Jesus is not coming back. Never will happen, not ever. So deal with that. You will not live to see the second coming.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

“The Standard of Truth has been erected...”

― Joseph Smith Jr.
Such as:

Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.
Fig. 4. Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand.
Fig. 5. Shulem, one of the king’s principal waiters, as represented by the characters above his hand.
Fig. 6. Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince.

The only thing erected by Blow-Joe Smith is Min's phallus in Facsimile No. 2!

So, take that, MG 2.0!

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Check this out. From desnews:
In 2021, 56,000 missionaries were in service, which increased to 62,500 by the end of 2022. Now the total number of missionaries in service is more than 72,000.
But, in June 2023
The number of missionaries representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has increased significantly over the past year, with numbers expected to top 72,000 by the end of 2023...

“And we really do feel like we’ll exceed 72,000 by the end of the year,” Elder Cook said...
"expected." "feel like." Ok.

Then Oct genl conf:
we have more than 71,000 missionaries serving in 414 missions.17
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... n?lang=eng
And footnote 17?
Received via email from the Missionary Department, Sept. 14, 2023.
And s month later, desnews:
...Now the total number of missionaries in service is more than 72,000.
Who else feels like the brethren were told what they wanted to hear, and DesNews ignored all journalistic responsibility and verification to report it that way?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

MG 2.0 wrote:

56,000 to 72,000 missionaries in two years. 36 new missions. The gospel being preached to more and more nations.
If you truly believed in your God, you wouldn't need to post misleading snippets. None of the "new missions" are being opened in a new nation. And we all know that you cherry picked the missionary numbers. We all know there was a substantial drop caused by COVID and the numbers have been recovering from that dip. So, from 67,000 to 72,000 missionaries in three years, right? And, as has been pointed out, larger missions being reorganized into smaller missions isn't a sign of growth at all.

But do keep rearranging those deck chairs on the Titanic.

Seriously, why the lack of transparency with statistics in general. What does your God have to hide?
MG 2.0 wrote:
Matthew 28
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Literally being fulfilled.

The plates, the angel, and the Book of Mormon resulted in a worldwide movement where the gospel net is gathering in the honest in heart.

“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.”

― Joseph Smith Jr.
The fact is, you can’t stop it Shulem…no matter how hard you try. But I’m sure you already know that.
Nobody is needed to stop it. It does just fine on its own.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
NorthboundZax
Nursery

Post by NorthboundZax »

MG 2.0 wrote:
56,000 to 72,000 missionaries in two years. 36 new missions. The gospel being preached to more and more nations.
Am I recalling correctly that there was a recent change in reassigning service missionaries to regular proselyting missions? It certainly is an unusual jump that would be pretty hard to explain without something going on behind the scenes. A redefinition of service missionaries would probably be about right to account for the jump.